Breeding Update 2015, Part 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-27-2015, 10:08 PM   #1
Snakesitter
Breeding Update 2015, Part 4

It has been four months now since we started the 2015 breeding cycle, so I wanted to give our customers and readers an update on progress so far. This is post number four of four, covering our seventh and eighth pairings.

Pair 7
Picasso and Tigers Eye, our high contrast couple, have had a rather quiet season so far. The two snakes seemed to completely ignore each other the first two months. This couldn’t have been true, however: I made the rookie error of adding Picasso back to Tiger’s enclosure only a day after she had fed, and two days later I found her regurgitated meal…I assume due to attention from him. Since then, I have seen no obvious activity…but Picasso, as a male who has been two for two in past breedings for us, obviously knows what he is doing; and Tiger is a healthy five-year-old, 2000-gram girl. Fingers crossed.

Male

Female

Pair 8
Franklin and Citrine, our golden orange couple, got off to a promising start, with her dropping urates all over the enclosure to attract his interest. That, unfortunately, was where any visible progress seemed to end: I have not seen any courting, wraps, or even plugs in the four months the two have been together. As with Picasso, however, Franklin is a twice-proven male; and Citrine is a healthy five-year-old, 1900-gram girl. Fingers crossed.

Separate

Shared Hide

I will give status updates on all eight pairings next month.

Thank you, as always, for reading,

Old 05-28-2015, 04:21 PM   #2
klingie83
Nice rainbows!!! Gotta love the rusty boaphile hinges lol. Mine are like that too

Old 05-30-2015, 12:57 PM   #3
Snakesitter
Thank you, Dave!

As for the hinges, yes, they don't stand up to disinfecting well lol. Otherwise great enclosures!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!