Robert Sloan of Dallas, TX - Page 13 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-29-2017, 12:33 AM   #121
nickolasanastasiou
Setting aside the non-overnight shipping discussion and just speaking to temperatures, I decided to look at Del Rio, TX weather history.

Interesting.
Attached Images

Old 03-29-2017, 12:36 AM   #122
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by evansnakes View Post
Laura B, in part I did not realize who he was because mr sloan operates under about 6 different names, 5 different business names and posted that he lived in a different state than he does. he goes very far out of his way to trick people.
Evan, what name was Robert Sloan using at the time that Steve Garvin got involved in this transaction, and how and when did you realize that it actually was Robert Sloan that Steve Garvin was dealing with? WHY did you get involved when Steve Garvin was obviously unwilling to so?

Can you show the facebook conversation with Robert Sloan from Steve Garvin's account? Much like Robert Sloan has done earlier in this thread? Can you show payment information that shows who that payment was made out to?

You also claimed that Steve Garvin DID pay for overnight shipping, and Robert Sloan claims he did not.

Quote:
This is just such a joke. Steve paid for overnight shipping 2 months ago. We are letting the United States postal service pursue criminal mail fraud charges against mr sloan now and since he already has pending criminal charges against him currently, as he has most of his life, he is getting desperate. This is going to go very poorly for him.
Can you show payment info that reflects what you have stated?

Robert Sloan shows evidence of Steve Garvin having accepted second day shipping on a screen shot in page 7 of this thread, and claims to be still awaiting payment for the difference for the upgrade to overnight shipping.

I am sorry if you have already answered these questions and those answers have just escaped my notice.

And no, I am not defending Bob Sloan. He has uttered some unkind words (putting it mildly) towards me and my wife in the past, and there is certainly no love lost between us, but I would just like to know where the truth is in all this, if you don't mind helping me (and others) to reach that goal. Some evidence from your side, although not required, would go a LONG way in helping people figure out what is really going on here.

Old 03-29-2017, 12:51 AM   #123
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickolasanastasiou View Post
I was able to find the FB page. Says Robert Sloan right on it. Where was the mystery about who Steve Garvin was dealing with?
Yes, that is a puzzler, and the reason I asked Evan about the conversation from Steve Garvin's perspective.

Here are screen shots, one from Robert Sloan's facebook page, and the other from the screen shot of the actual conversation between Robert Sloan and Steve Garvin apparently on Robert Sloan's facebook page. Please note the avatar show in both images. They appear to be the same to me. If I am wrong about this, please excuse me, as I just do not go to facebook except in extremely rare occasions.

So how did Steve Garvin NOT know he was dealing with Robert Sloan?
Attached Images

Old 03-29-2017, 12:56 AM   #124
nickolasanastasiou
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Yes, that is a puzzler, and the reason I asked Evan about the conversation from Steve Garvin's perspective.

Here are screen shots, one from Robert Sloan's facebook page, and the other from the screen shot of the actual conversation between Robert Sloan and Steve Garvin apparently on Robert Sloan's facebook page. Please note the avatar show in both images. They appear to be the same to me. If I am wrong about this, please excuse me, as I just do not go to facebook except in extremely rare occasions.

You are correct about them being the same, as it is exactly what I noticed, too.
Attached Images

Old 03-29-2017, 01:55 AM   #125
LauraB
Quote:
Remember, Steve Garvin has never posted here. It is only EVAN who stated to me he did not know who "he" was dealing with, although the transaction was not between Evan and Sloan.

Thanks to you both we now can see it is just more of Evan's bull manure.

Old 03-29-2017, 08:10 AM   #126
Lucille
Quote:
We are letting the United States postal service pursue criminal mail fraud charges against mr sloan now
Quote:
we only ship and receive overnight shipments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
Evan on the Facebook feedback forum you referred to Stephen as your partner. Were you guys buying these snakes for your business?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraB View Post
YOU did not realize the seller was Sloan, Evan? The transaction was between Steven and Sloan, NOT you. I highly doubt that you were duped. You have been around long enough to know better. I'm long aware of his dubious identities and uh, games. Ain't buying it, sorry. The whole thing does not add up. Is Steven your "silent" partner who funds / makes your purchases?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraB View Post
Remember, Steve Garvin has never posted here. It is only EVAN who stated to me he did not know who "he" was dealing with, although the transaction was not between Evan and Sloan.
It appears to me that Evan and Steve Garvin may be business partners. It is certainly important information to be considered for potential buyers from, or sellers to, Steve that if the transaction does not go smoothly, they may be dealing with Evan, replete with his BOI threats of lawyers and prison time.

Of course, there is nothing wrong with vigorously going after those who choose to not complete their transactions once they have been paid.
But it seems as if in this case, there is some controversy in who ceased communications.
In any case, it is worth noting that you may be dealing with Evan if you buy from or sell to Steve, so reviewing Evan's history on the BOI here may be a wise move.

Old 03-29-2017, 08:51 AM   #127
Lucille
Quote:

And no, I am not defending Bob Sloan. He has uttered some unkind words (putting it mildly) towards me and my wife in the past, and there is certainly no love lost between us, but I would just like to know where the truth is in all this
Sloan

You are here on Rich's site talking about one of your transactions. And his ethics are of such high quality that not only are you here, but he is, despite your past words, pursuing the truth in this transaction.
Personal attacks against anyone are uncalled for and I think you owe an apology to Rich and Connie.

Old 03-29-2017, 09:13 AM   #128
John Apple
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
Sloan

You are here on Rich's site talking about one of your transactions. And his ethics are of such high quality that not only are you here, but he is, despite your past words, pursuing the truth in this transaction.
Personal attacks against anyone are uncalled for and I think you owe an apology to Rich and Connie.
Lucille ....you as well as everybody else knows that is not gonna happen...defending the slave is not needed and really has nothing to do with this deal...Rich is damn well adept at defending himself and weeding out idiots...
Now Evan I do know and he is rather passionate on what he does and though he may get jaded his intentions are for the most part pure. I have known Evan for well over a decade and never had a problem with his integrity or honesty when it comes to animals...he has bought many captive hatched spiders from me and traded as well....
Sloan.... from the history of the individual over the years would make anyone not wanna deal with him....

Old 03-29-2017, 09:44 AM   #129
evansnakes
1) What I said was what I was aware of. Steve did not know who sloan was prior to this transaction. Not everyone in this business can know who every other person is. Anyone that wants to can ask Steve any question that they want. To now turn things and post defaming things about me and about Steve based on some of you doing a little hardy boys bullshit is just childish and you are doing nothing but attacking the victim here. Steve is my friend and I am here because of that.

2) facts, sloan has had steve's money for months. he has made no effort to ship, no offer to refund, has gone long periods of time not responding to communication, has blocked both steve and I from contacting him.

3) first it was 3 day shipping, now it is 2 day shipping, he was paid more than enough for overnight shipping but now all of a sudden wants more than double that to ship. more than double what it would cost. sloan says 2nd day shipping is impossible and stupid but he was the one who offered it as an option.

4) Steve has an attorney who has gone to the US postal service inspector with this issue. Steve has asked him to pursue criminal charges of mail fraud instead of talking to sloan about a refund because he is tired of sloans bullshit and does not believe that sloan will ever refund the money or ship the snakes. beyond that I am not a mind reader and you would have to ask Steve.

5) my only involvement in this once i had all the details was to send one facebook message to sloan to try to get this handled and get him to ship the snakes. he showed me his willingness to deal with the situation by telling me that Steve and I could both "f*ck off". he since then has sent me several threats and has posted lies and threats about me. Why not just resolve this? it is all just misdirection to change the subject from him still having the snakes and the money.

6) once i posted about this transaction on my page there was an enormous number of people who came forward to detail mr sloan stealing from them, threatening them and their families, having to be removed and banned from shows, his criminal history, his current legal issues, his multiple accounts, multiple alias', fake fraud business', his lying about his state of residence and on and on. saying that it is in the past is just wrong. his life is an endless ongoing criminal enterprise and he has not ever shown that he has changed and in fact just keeps showing that he is and always will be a criminal.

you can bash me all you want but the reality is that this my 27th year in this business and every month I sell hundreds of animals online, at shows, to stores and breeders and the negative threads that you guys keep referring to on here about me are just a couple unhappy customers, most who were upset over something like my refusal to ship an animal in weather that was unsafe and then they were refunded. That is not a negative review of me, but of them as a customer and it is a joke to keep trying to use that to paint me in a negative way. And then to bring up posts about me to discredit me here while you choose to ignore the negative posts about sloan to help his case are just examples of you being hypocrites and your willingness to put petty personal crap ahead of really trying to help people. I do not want other people being ripped off by this guy. That is my only reason to post here. I almost never use this site and would not have come here at all if i was not serious about getting the word out about what a piece of garbage mr sloan is. Rich knows all about him. his background and record are posting right in this thread. if you choose to ignore all that then you have been warned.

Old 03-29-2017, 09:44 AM   #130
evansnakes
Thank you John Apple

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!