What is your Favorite Reptile? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 03-24-2006, 01:35 PM   #11
ZenReptiles
OMG! Those look so ancient! Awesome!

Old 03-24-2006, 02:32 PM   #12
KelliH
Quote:
OMG! Those look so ancient! Awesome!
They do look very prehistoric to me too. They are attempting to breed them at the zoo, and if they are successful I believe it will be the first time they will have been bred in captivity in the U.S. I hope like heck they are successful not only for that but so I can go to the zoo and see a hatchling gharial up close! I'll be sure and take lots of photos if it happens!

Old 03-24-2006, 06:23 PM   #13
wsmitty
Lanthanotus borneensis I would love to have one of these (my favorite)! Super rare and the only living representative of it's clade (check out thoes teeth!). The pics are from http://www.digimorph.org/specimens/L...us_borneensis/.
Some neat quick time stuff here too!

Wayne
Attached Images

Old 03-25-2006, 06:10 AM   #14
norsmis
Call me boring but a good ol rat snake is my favorite. I grew up catching rat snakes on my grandfather's farm in Texas (they call them chicken snakes way down yander) and I have been fascinated with them all my life. To me, nothing beats a normal corn, black rat, or even a mean ol nasty Texas rat!
Attached Images

Old 03-25-2006, 07:03 AM   #15
Cat_72
Well........I could never pick just ONE favorite either, lol. I'd say my Ball Pythons are my favorite snake, but there are many others that I currently just don't have the space to keep, but would love to have and get to know. I had a very nice albino Burmese several years ago, and thought he was one of the most awesome animals I'd ever owned. But I love my Bearded Dragons too....and my Cresteds.....

Don't ask me to pick just one, cuz I just can't do it. LOL.

Old 03-25-2006, 12:09 PM   #16
Junkyard
Great responses everyone thank you. Ronald, you have added another freat picture, their is nothing normal about rats snakes. Awesome prehistoric looking and gnarly reptiles. Keep sharing!!

Old 03-25-2006, 12:50 PM   #17
Rebel Dragons
A panther cameleon would be my favorite reptile. One day I will get one. Until then I will just stare at pictures of them in amazement.

Old 03-25-2006, 10:40 PM   #18
BryonsBoas
For me its the BOA. Have been in love with them for years. I foresee them being in my collection for as long as I keep reptiles.

Old 03-31-2006, 06:25 AM   #19
Ginger Ambrose
BOAS Are my passion.

Old 03-31-2006, 03:41 PM   #20
coyote
My whole approach to the question seems to be different from the others. There are numerous reptiles that I think are gorgeous and remarkable. I have at least a few attractive snakes, an adult green iguana and a savanna monitor.

One of my most favorite reptiles was a very special water monitor. Alas, she died two years ago now.

Currently, my "favorite" reptile is a female rainbow boa. She is not one of the most attractive. And, like the water monitor, she is not my favorite because of her species or the way she looks. She is my favorite because of her personality. I just simply love her more than the others. She is sweet, never aggressive, and always agreeable. She is also the most powerful snake I have.

I care very much about the health and happiness of all my pets. It would be sad if anything ever happened to any one of them. I worry about them when they refuse a meal or get an injury or illness. But, I would not grieve over the others as I would over Rio. Like I did over Kali.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!