A truly Blue snake - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Other Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-16-2015, 12:34 AM   #11
Deme
OMG, that sounds horrible! Do you mind telling us what went down and how many animals they took? They confiscate ratsnakes in MN??? Are they legal to own there?

Old 11-16-2015, 12:46 AM   #12
Deme
OMG, that sounds horrible! Do you mind telling us the details of what went down and why? How many animals did they seize? Is this an ongoing case or is it over?

Old 11-16-2015, 12:48 AM   #13
Deme
You shook me up so much I accidently sent the message twice, wow man...

Old 05-22-2016, 06:53 PM   #14
clark cox
blue!

Arizona Blue speckled rattle snake.
Attached Images

Old 11-20-2016, 11:44 AM   #15
Zincubus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deme View Post
What's the bluest snake you've ever seen in person? The reason I ask is photos can be very deceiving. I'm not talking about a snake with the word "blue" in its common name or a green snake with a hint of turquoise, I'm talking "damn, that snake really is blue!" ;-)

I'm sick of seeing FAKE blue snakes on Insagram or Pinterest !!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Old 12-05-2016, 06:50 PM   #16
SheffieldReptiles
Blue phase oregon red spotted garter snake is the bluest snake that I've ever personally seen. Some very nice blue puget sound garters out there as well that would probably compete for the bluest snake out there.

Old 12-06-2016, 02:34 AM   #17
akane
I love blue but in person... nothing. If it isn't a common native to the state the only thing i've seen is my standard coastal style marking rosy so greyish with red stripes. I have been staring at anery morphs online and the rosy boas can get solid blue. I was thinking the blotched pattern of an anery sand boa was more appealing but I don't like how they look grown. I also have been debating finding another really small snake that has some good blue to it. Blue racer is iffy. Maybe a blue striped garter.

Old 12-06-2016, 03:25 AM   #18
Pasodama
Quote:
Originally Posted by SheffieldReptiles View Post
Blue phase oregon red spotted garter snake is the bluest snake that I've ever personally seen. Some very nice blue puget sound garters out there as well that would probably compete for the bluest snake out there.
As far as having personally seen, I "second" the blue Puget garters. Some can be more of an aqua color but the others are true blue (along with black).
I used to breed them, some yrs. back, and they are beautiful. They are also one of the calmer ones among garters (especially females).
Also had the blue phase, and neon blue phase, California Red Sided garters. Beautiful blue, on them, but they also have red (along with some black).

Old 10-26-2017, 09:18 AM   #19
Ken Diehl
Blue Serpents....

Could not help it, there are Blue serpents out there, some Green tree pythons are solid Blue...like Mr. Blue, Sky, etc.... but here is a critter that I raised up from my 2015 clutch, not solid...but Blue ...IMO. Enjoy.
Attached Images

Old 03-25-2018, 12:56 PM   #20
Yutyrannus
I hate to necropost, but one of the bluest snakes I've seen is Dendrelaphis punctulatus. I'm surprised it wasn't mentioned here.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!