Info Ashley Caspillo-SakaraGT4/Sakara *Possible Buyer Beware!* - Page 12 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-07-2010, 07:38 AM   #111
amercnwmn
Hank: She also still has ads here for snakes for sale.

Not to mention I know she vended at the Austin Reptile Expo, and I'd have to look to see if she vended at San Antonio or Arlington. She intends on vending again if her statements elsewhere have any merit.

I haven't had much time to backtrack to verify facts, so please forgive me if I miss a minor detail or two. It's really hard to sort through the facts when there are so many contradicting statements made.

For example: She's claimed repeatedly she's never had any mites:

But I did find SEVERAL threads regarding mite infestations in her collection. During which time she had a NUMBER of new snakes, and snakes from other people's collections in and out.
Feb 09
http://www.redtailboa.net/forums/boa...gonna-cry.html

March 09
http://www.redtailboa.net/forums/boa...not-again.html

July 09
http://www.redtailboa.net/forums/hel...ood-mites.html

If you do a search on Threads posted on other reptile forums under her s/n, you can see every month was a CONSTANT stream of acquiring snakes or "snake sitting". Some include pictures of cages in the background that are used for other snakes..which means: the snake was kept IN the room with the others.

There's absolutely NO basis at this point to think this collection is/was stable or properly quarantined.

Ashley, we've all told you based on Dr. Jacobson's MEDICAL RESEARCH that blood tests alone will NOT clear your snakes.

There's so many holes in your stories, I can't even keep track at this point..

I don't know what more can be said at this point, except, STOP SELLING SNAKES FOR AT LEAST A SYMPTOM/ILLNESS/DEATH- FREE YEAR.

To sell snakes under the statement that you have been properly quarantining IS A LIE. That I can say with a FACT.

As far as your collection having IBD, I CAN'T say that as a fact. However there's a test out there that indicates it DOES.

I CAN say I wouldn't buy a snake that's been anywhere near any of yours for all the money in the world right now.

Old 12-07-2010, 07:47 AM   #112
amercnwmn
Ashley, you've acquired a ton of snakes in roughly 2 short years, and jumped right into breeding. There is NO way you have properly quarantined the amount of snakes you've received.
A LOT of people raised eyebrows when you dove into breeding snakes within LESS than a year of starting into the hobby.

Even YOU have admitted you had a "reptile acquiring" problem, jokingly or not, it's all over the forums, in several places.

All of the illness/mites/and suspected IBD boil down to one thing: getting in over your head with not enough experience.

You had an IBD necropsy, and STILL sold snakes.

EVEN NOW you won't even do the RIGHT thing, and STOP selling to protect others.

You are completely unethical, IMO.

Old 12-07-2010, 03:32 PM   #114
AddictedToBoas

Thank you amercnwmn.

Old 12-07-2010, 07:01 PM   #115
Abish
Just to be clear, Ashley, do you intend to pull your ads or are you still offering the Bolivians for sale?

Had to revisit this thread because I just got negative karma for it with a note saying "This thread is about YOU." I had no idea I was Ashley. Kind of odd for me to be giving myself so much grief. I guess I need more sleep.

Old 12-07-2010, 07:24 PM   #116
crotalusadamanteus
I've used Northwest ZooPath probably 18-20 times for pathology testing. I choose them because Dr. Garner and his staff are the best reptile Pathologists in the country. That's why the Zoo's use them too.

However, in every case, it has specifically stated that there were no consistencies with Boid IBD. That Path report does not mention it, so that means IBD was not tested for. I had my entire collection tested in '06 after that Luis ordeal, and have submitted a neonate from each of my litters since then specifically for IBD testing. Every one of the path results specifically mentions IBD in the end comments. Here's one I have online already from my '06 litter...

Just saying, if I went by the wording on the addendums of that path report you provided, from the same pathologists that I use, I would have to conclude they didn't test for IBD.

Old 12-08-2010, 01:47 AM   #117
SakaraGT4
I would be kind of angry if they didn't because my vet specifically requested that they did.....

Old 12-08-2010, 06:46 AM   #118
crotalusadamanteus
Understandable. I'd check with your vet and get on them about it myself. With the case number, you can also call ZooPath and check with them specifically.

Old 12-08-2010, 07:38 AM   #119
amercnwmn
If I'm reading the necropsy on the Burm correctly, the tests were performed in July of 2010.
You obviously mentioned the possibility of IBD to the vet at that time, since they noted "the snake was from a collection where IBD had been previously diagnosed".

You've contradicted yourself AGAIN by saying you "doubted" the original IBD findings on the BCL.

But yet you STILL continued to sell snakes.

Old 12-08-2010, 08:37 AM   #120
hboyles66
This has been one of the most interesting displays of someone taking on too much too fast and thinking they know everythomg when in fact they have only a slight clue. I hate to be blunt but this is very messed up that she has been selling animals under the assumption that pythons go faster than boids therory. What a crock! I have read her bad guy post of the BCL and she claims that she only buys from well known breeders and quarantines all her animals for many months which has been completly dissproved now. It makes me wonder if the BCL was infact a BCL she got from a non well known breeder and was just mad because it died and she feels she is way too smart to have an animal die. She also has not taken down the post on other sights about selling snakes as I believe she feels that she has done nothing wrong. And if she was so smart why was she on redtail forums trying to figure out how to get rid of mites? Anyone in the buisness that is as smart as she claims would know how to deal with mites with no questions ask. She has taken on too much too fast as others have said and now it is bitting her in the rear. I hope that she gets the picture and slows down and fixes her problems. I also hope that she replie to the breeder she got the original BCL from to let him know that she feels that those results could have possibly been wrong in her opinion. She slandered him a lot just to backtrack when confronted about selling animals that could possibly have IBD. What a tool. Thanks for all the info from everyone who has posted here. This helps the reptile community a lot to know what is out there to help control the spread the best we can of this horrible disease.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
ibd