Finally I'm a python keeper - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-06-2006, 10:39 AM   #1
1Bob
Finally I'm a python keeper

I've been wanting a python for as many years as I can remember. For one reason or another I have had to wait till now. Either parents that would not give it any consideration or too busy with school then starting a career. Finally I'm there. I picked up two beatiful juvi Irian Jaya Carpet Pythons at last Saturday's Hamburg show. I have done I ton of research over the years and knew I wanted to start with either the typical ball or a carpet. I went with the carpet because I would eventually like to develop enough skill and experience for a GTP. I will hopefuly post pics soon. I was told both were feeding well and both have pooped since I have gotten them.

Old 12-06-2006, 12:10 PM   #2
PythonWallace
Congrats. Do you have any pictures?

Old 12-06-2006, 03:53 PM   #3
ravensgait
Welcome to the club I traded an IJ at Hamburg this past weekend, you'll like them easy going for the most part and nice looking.. Post some photos when you get a chance...Randy

Old 12-06-2006, 04:04 PM   #4
Mooing Tricycle
haha its great to see another person going the route i am to get into GTPs and other arboreals that require higher maintenance! Welcome to the club! ive Also got two Irian Jaya Carpets!

Theyre awsome snakes, good attitude and appetite, fairly simple care ( higher humidity though) and are very pretty colored animals! get some pics up!

Old 12-18-2006, 03:20 PM   #5
MorphCapital
Congrats

Old 12-20-2006, 09:41 AM   #6
Lauren Summey
Congrats on the new addition! -- Careful though; carpets can get to be quite addicting after awhile!! heehee. And feel free to post pics!

Old 02-21-2007, 04:27 PM   #7
1Bob
Update and pics

The two Irian Jaya Carpets I picked up at the December Hamburg show are doing great. The female is named Roxanne and the male Mahatma. She has been a wonderful eater of mice but has been refusing rat pinkies. He refused to eat for several weeks (hence his name) but is now on fresh killed rat pinkies. I want to get them both on F/T Rats. They are such a joy. He has shed once since I've had then and she has shed twice.
Roxane has the thicker head pattern and Mahatma has the more star-like head pattern.
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...id=43767&stc=1
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...id=43765&stc=1
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...id=43766&stc=1
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...id=43768&stc=1
Attached Images

Old 02-27-2007, 01:26 PM   #8
p2daj21
beautiful snakes, good luck.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!