Bad Guy V.I.I.P.E.R.--THIEVES!! - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-25-2008, 09:51 PM   #91
King_of_Colubrids
Well, the organization seems to be slipping. Here is the latest of the correspondance from VIIPER:

[Oh and I quit because I do not wish to be part of thieves.

On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 8:09 PM, Venom Fairy <venomfairy@gmail.com> wrote:

You may no longer contact me about this and leave my name out of it as I do not run the Hampton road chapter. I have quit viiper as of last night anyways.[/quote]

These were sent in response to the last email I posted wherein I offered that I will be contacting a lawyer...which I will be doing after the Holidays.

It really is sad. I would expect more from a "benevolant" group that wanted nothing more than to help people and their animals. But it is so disheartening that even the president of the group has stooped to such a low level. I just can't comprehend...

Old 11-25-2008, 09:58 PM   #92
Khaman
Who is venomfairy anyway?

Old 11-25-2008, 10:24 PM   #93
simplechamp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaman View Post
Who is venomfairy anyway?
I think she is a (now former) member of VIIPER. Bobby apologized, and Chris accepted, and agreed that he had no issue with VIIPER, or Bobby himself, because he believed Amanda was solely responsible for stealing the sticker.

Then VenomFairy contacted Chris and mentioned she had just thrown out another 14 or 17 stickers. This brought to light the deceit and lies of Bobby, since he had made a bogus apology just to sweep things under the rug and end things before any other info was discovered.

That's what I got out Chris' posts and the emails. Feel free to chime in if I'm mistaken.

Old 11-25-2008, 10:31 PM   #94
King_of_Colubrids
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplechamp View Post
I think she is a (now former) member of VIIPER. Bobby apologized, and Chris accepted, and agreed that he had no issue with VIIPER, or Bobby himself, because he believed Amanda was solely responsible for stealing the sticker.

Then VenomFairy contacted Chris and mentioned she had just thrown out another 14 or 17 stickers. This brought to light the deceit and lies of Bobby, since he had made a bogus apology just to sweep things under the rug and end things before any other info was discovered.

That's what I got out Chris' posts and the emails. Feel free to chime in if I'm mistaken.
No, that pretty much sums it up in it's entirety...

Venom Fairy is the "other" President of VIIPER. I guess there are two chapters, and Bobby Jenkins and Amanda Warren belong to one(Bobby is president, Amanda is secretary), and VenomFairy is President of the other chapter, who was trying really hard to make things right.

Unfortunately, I still have not recieved any acceptance of guilt from the individual responsible, nor I have recieved anything more than a precursory apology intended only to settle the matter without admitting guilt...which was immediately followed by further deceit...

Old 11-25-2008, 10:35 PM   #95
Thomas E
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplechamp View Post
I got something different.. Bobby's initial apology seemed alright, and seemed to excuse VIIPER as an organization, but since then it looks as if he's changed his ways. Amanda is still on board, the organization seems to be sticking with her, AND she came on here saying that Bobby was the one who took the image in the first place. Besides that Bobby's claim that only 7 were made is looking REALLY suspect.

Not trying to speak for you Chris.. How's my summary so far, lol?

Old 11-25-2008, 10:41 PM   #96
Thomas E
Sorry Jason, I didn't read you clearly- You did catch the new bits.. I type faster than my brain sometimes.

Old 11-25-2008, 11:16 PM   #97
RobbiesCornField
Chris, I really do feel bad that you're having to go through all this. You're a great guy and shouldn't have to put up with all this B.S.
As far as the lack of responses/apologies, I think they believe that because they're an organization, they can just screw over the "little" man without worrying about repercussions. I hate to break it to V.I.I.P.E.R., but they're not the biggest herp organization out there. Not to mention EVERYONE has to play by the rules, not just individuals, but organizations, companies, and corporations as well. Just because you claim you're doing good for the community isn't gonna cut it if you don't practice what you preach.
Chris, if there's anything we can do to help out, just say the word.

Old 11-26-2008, 12:06 AM   #98
Gecko_Den
Which begs the question are they an actual, registered, not for profit organization, or registered as anything? Or are they just a couple of yahoos that got together, gave themselves fancy titles and then started recruiting "members"?

Old 11-26-2008, 12:11 AM   #99
Gecko_Den
Here's a nice little puff piece done on Bobby and hid "organization". http://hamptonroads.com/2008/03/viip...out-their-pets

I wonder if they would be interested in doing a follow-up story?

Old 11-26-2008, 04:31 AM   #100
TrulyRare
Well, starting a herp society, from scratch, takes recruiting members. You can't say your non for profit til you are, and hence when I start mine, there will be NO fee, for joining. I wil pay for the food, and door prizes and such that will be at my meetings, out of MY pocket. If we do meetings at ijams nature center, I will ask members to donate to them, and such. So neways. and It's sad they give what some of us are doing a bad name. Now back on subject.(This was in refernce to yahoos getting together thing..lol.)
-Sonnie

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!