Bad Guy V.I.I.P.E.R.--THIEVES!! - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-24-2008, 05:38 PM   #31
Gary O
This is a dead give away. The image used is the same. I mean the same in every way.

Old 11-24-2008, 05:38 PM   #32
Wolfy-hound
It's possible that she didn't think much about it, just liked the sticker and said "hey, we'll print some up and it'll be cool", without thinking that it would be wrong, or that anyone would mind.
It's still WRONG and stealing, and saying "Hey, I'm real sorry, I wasn't thinking." and putting up credit would be SO EASY.
Saying that you only made ten isn't apoligizing, or making it right. Saying that someone is a member of the forum doesn't give credit for the image.
You KNOW you did not possibly make that image. I would normally say "Hey, maybe they saw that sticker and forgot, and made theirs the same without realizing it was the same as yours".. but NOT that! That is the EXACT same image, and you very well know it is.
Say your sorry, put up credit where it's due, and move on.

Old 11-24-2008, 05:43 PM   #33
Thomas E
I can vouch for Chris on this too, I've seen his merchandise on CS.com for some time now. Not that it isn't clear to anybody reading this who the theif is.

Tell the truth Amanda.

Old 11-24-2008, 06:05 PM   #34
King_of_Colubrids
A response from Bobby Jenkins posted as a reply to the web page I created exposing this situation:
Quote:
Bobby Says:

November 24th, 2008 at 3:41 pm edit

Chris,

Hello. My name is Bobby Jenkins, President and Founder of VIIPER.
I have contacted our Secretary that worked with the vinyl graphics designer that had the 7 stickers made. She stated that she came up with the idea and logo; after viewing your site, it does appear EXTREMELY similar to yours. I would like to offer my deepest apology.

As I said before, we only had 7 made and they were sold to club members with no profit made or intended. We were created for the benefit of the animals we both love. By looking at your website, I can see you have a passion for herps as well. I hope we can put this incident behind us. You have my word that these will not be reproduced by our organization. Please contact me directly if you have any further questions. Many thanks . . .

Bobby Jenkins
It seems that that Bobby, on behalf of the group, is willing to admit to a mistake, and apologize. This is great. It's a step in the right direction that removes V.I.I.P.E.R. as a group away from the situation.

I posted a reply to Bobby:
Quote:
KingofColubrids Says:

November 24th, 2008 at 4:00 pm edit

Bobby-
I appreciate your response. I also accept your apology and the apology of your group.

It would be nice if Amanda came forward, made a comment here accepting her guilty role, and apologizing for it.

This graphic is an image I have been using and intend to keep using on many products past, present, and future. This situation has potentially sullied my OWN reputation as the creator of this digital image.

I respect your group and the work you are trying to do. We need more like-minded groups created.

However, until Amanda fesses up and takes responsibility for her actions, it will reflect badly upon you and your organization. This is a small issue until her continued lying and refusal to accept responsibility turns it into a large issue. A simple public admission of guilt and apology from the INDIVIDUAL responsible for this is all that is needed.
I will keep the page on my own site open and active, for all to see, and for further commentation. It can be found HERE.

Old 11-24-2008, 06:10 PM   #35
VIIPER2008
Hello Gents. My name is Bobby, President and Founder of VIIPER. I want to apologize for this entire incident and offer my deepest apology. I do not know where the logo or slogan came from but it looks EXACTLY like Chris'. You have my word that these will not be reproduced by our organization.
Our club has an outstanding reputation locally with the public as we conduct events for the community [i]free of charge[i]. I intend to maintain our solid reputation within the internet herping community as well.
Only a handfull were made and sold to members at cost. They were not available at the Richmond Show as members had bought them before then.
We are still in mourning of a beloved member that was killed by her retic just last month. If there is a time that herpers need to unite is now.
Again, I am sorry Chris and fessin' up. I hope you can accept my sincere apology.

Bobby

VIIPER

Old 11-24-2008, 06:14 PM   #36
King_of_Colubrids
Bobby, I absolutely accept your apology and the apology of the group. I appreciate what your group does, and commend you for that. I do NOT intend to sully the name of your organization.

I would really ask that you urge Amanda to come forward, admit her guilt, and apology for it as an individual, both here and in response to the post I made at my website.

In my opinion, this is the only manner in which absolute resolution can be brought about. Neither you nor your group are responsibile for stealing my graphic. I appreciate the apology from yourself. But what would be more appreciated and even more respectable is for Amanda to come forward and do the same. It is her, afterall, that is guilty of wrongdoing. The only thing you did wrong was to take her word for it...

Old 11-24-2008, 06:17 PM   #37
Thomas E
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIIPER2008 View Post
I do not know where the logo or slogan came from but it looks EXACTLY like Chris'.
VIIPER
I think Chris has posted pretty darned good evidence of where it came from. There are two people now who offer apologies even while they both manage to skirt the obvious..

I'm not too impressed with this.

Old 11-24-2008, 06:30 PM   #38
King_of_Colubrids
I won't hold Bobby or VIIPER accountable. While he did skirt the admission of guilt, I do not believe he nor the group is guilty of wrongdoing. I accept his apology for his and his group's involvement.

It is Amanda that has stolen my property. SHE is the one that claimed ownership of my artwork. It is HER admission of guilt that is most important. From her I expect nothing less than a full admission of guilt and apology, both made publicly.

Old 11-24-2008, 07:14 PM   #39
Thomas E
Question for Bobby.. If you guys only printed 7 stickers and sold presold them before the show, how is it that it's still listed on your website for sale? Do you have more waiting to be purchased or were you simply going to print them one at a time as ordered?

Old 11-24-2008, 07:45 PM   #40
VIIPER2008
Thomas,

All 7 stickers were sold by September. We had no intensions of ordering any more.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!