Bad Guy V.I.I.P.E.R.--THIEVES!! - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-25-2008, 09:33 AM   #71
JudyC
Quote:
Originally Posted by awva View Post
Well for starters, I have not replied until I was able to get my facts.
Guess you should have waited longer and consulted more carefully with everyone else involved. And I recant my statement about Bobby not needing any grilling. What a stinking pile of old fish-heads. Sometimes it only takes a small thing to show a huge lack of integrity and professionalism in an organization or business. If I were a member of VIIPER, I'd either resign, or take necessary steps to see it come under new management.

Old 11-25-2008, 12:02 PM   #72
King_of_Colubrids
Well...they may not need to resign, if I have anything to say about it. I have taken about as much of the lying and stealing from one group of individuals as I can handle.

I am going to be contacting a lawyer. These people chose the wrong person on this issue. I'm not a pushover, and anyone that knows me will tell you that I am anything but afraid to stand up for myself, and I don't quit until I am satisfied.

I have saved all of the email corespondance, and I know Rich will not delete this thread, wherein their admittance of guilt is plain to see. I may not get any money out of this ordeal, but I may have the satisfaction of seeing this group disbanded, and I can at least pound home the point to these people that you CANNOT DO THIS STUFF!!

Perhaps if I get a lawyer involved, these people will finally understand what they did, why it is wrong, and I can help to protect others from having it happen to them.

And people wonder why I prefer the company of snakes to humans...

Old 11-25-2008, 12:10 PM   #73
King_of_Colubrids
Just to be up front about it all, this is the last email I just sent to VIIPER:

Quote:

To: 'Venom Fairy' <venomfairy@gmail.com>

Cc:

Subject: Re: Hi there

I have decided to contact a lawyer. I have the original images, as well as a saved copy of the image from your website and a screenshot of the image giving credit to someone else. I also have saved a screenshot of the screen that had the stickers listed as being for sale. ALl of this is proof enough for any judge of maliscious intent and intentional theft.

All of the lying and deciet coming from Amanda and Bobby is too much. To this minute, neither one have stood up and said, "I stole your image. I'm sorry." All they have done is lay blame, point fingers, get their stories confused, and try to gain sympathies and understanding.

I am sorry that your entire organization is going to suffer because of this. I am sorry that all of your members will have to learn of this. I am sorry that those two people could not man up and do the right thing. This all could have been over with so easily, but they didn't want to stop lying.

Now...I have no way of knowing how many stickers were created(was it 7 or 10 or 14 or 17 or...???), no idea where or how the stickers were sold, and no way of knowing whether this will happen to me again in the future. I certainly cannot take Amanda and Bobby at their word...they have proven that their word isn't worth the spittle that flies when they give it.

I really, really tried to make this easy. I really tried to let it go away. But the continued lying and deciet to try and save face is just overwhelming, and at this point..I only have one recourse.

http://KingofColubrids.com
Captive Bred King and Corn Snakes

Old 11-25-2008, 12:13 PM   #74
brrrman
Amanda,
First you wrote
Quote:
The fact that I have had the idea since march and had the design here at my home since then
but then you wrote

Quote:
I e-mailed Bobby a picture of the sticker that you had posted on CS to see if he liked the idea, I had told him I had been working on an idea like it
And so on

Quote:
I'm not saying you took my design, all I said was I came up with the idea back in March. I also said we no longer are selling the sticker. There were all of 10 stickers made up. They where all sold
And so on

Quote:
To start there where a total of 10 stickers made one was put on the board that was at the show, 2 where stolen and the rest had been sold,
Oh what a tangled web we weave,
When first we practise to deceive!
Sir Walter Scott,

Notice I gave credit for sir Walters Quote, even though I was thinking of something exactly like it.
Phil R.

Old 11-25-2008, 12:34 PM   #75
ArpeggioAngel
It is really sad to see an organization that is supposed to be doing good for the herp community let itself get enbroiled in a dispute like this. It would look so much better for them and the herp community as a whole if the offenders would have just owned up to the mistake, apologized and everyone could have moved on.
By lying, backtracking, pointing fingers etc on top of the original issue of stealing the image...it makes the group look deceitful and underhanded which I am sure is not the image they are trying to achieve.

Chris gave them every opportunity to make this right and I think he has been very fair in his approach and attempted dealings with them. It is unfortunate that they have not been as forthcoming as one would hope in a situation like this but in the end, they will reap what they have sown.

Old 11-25-2008, 12:42 PM   #76
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
I am done on this issue, and will not be back to post more about it.

That's fine and dandy but I think you should reconsider.

Quote:
I e-mailed Bobby a picture of the sticker that you had posted on CS to see if he liked the idea, I had told him I had been working on an idea like it. I found out that Bobby e-mailed it to the guy that made the stickers, I did tell the guy I wanted to go along the same idea frame but different, I never saw a draft of it or anything, I only saw the end product. So will repaet I did not steal the design, showed it to Bobby even asked if the group should order some and he didn't want to pay the $8.50 for them, he wanted the group to have there own. Those are the facts folks and that's that.
Those or the facts? Compared to your other facts posted earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awva
We did not steal his idea I was the one that came up with the idea back in March of this year, the group had 10 made and that's all, we sold them at cost as I thought it was something fun and cute to do, we have not had any more made and now plan not to either. I had no idea there was anything like it out there already. I have already told the web master to remove it from the site as we have been out of them for a while, and seeing how I am now being blasted and labled a Bad guy before I was even asked about where I got the idea, it's not worth it to me to keep going with them I will do a totally different design and copyright it next time. The fact that I have had the idea since march and had the design here at my home since then just didn't have them made until later in the year to make sure there would be an interest in them,

First you had no idea that there was anything else like it out there then you admit to showing a copy of it and they ran some off. That's fine if you don't want to clear up the two vastly different posts, it's your name.

No, if you just would have posted the truth the first time and apologized, it would have been over and done quick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awva
but I guess that makes us bad people and love how we get blasted for trying to help the herps and keep them from just being turned loose or killed.

Amanda
Viiper Sec.

Oh please, we were just trying to help the community so don't bust me for being a liar. You got to be kidding me. Helping herps doesn't give you carte blanche to be dishonest. I would suggest you put some effort in addressing this further.

Old 11-25-2008, 01:07 PM   #77
Thomas E
This is interesting, Bobby was going to throw her under the bus to look like a good guy, so she pipes in with how much Bobby himself had a hand in the decision to steal the image.
I think the whole Viiper den is rotten as long as they have representatives (President even!) who like Chris' sticker and just 'don't want to pay the 8.50'.

Old 11-25-2008, 03:04 PM   #78
shed'n my skin
http://www.viiper.us/shop.htm
Unbelievable, with all that is going on, they should at least have taken it off their merchandise for sale page by now?

Old 11-25-2008, 03:07 PM   #79
Kiote_9
It seems the VIIPER website is under construction.

Old 11-25-2008, 04:19 PM   #80
TrulyRare
I saw, it and it's still there....Hmmm...not smart...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!