Bad Guy Troy at Regal Reptiles - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-01-2008, 03:36 PM   #1
The3rdMan
Troy at Regal Reptiles

Maybe some people are OK with this and this is how it works in the reptile show world but in any other industry this is just bad business: I went to the White Plains reptile show yesterday and bought 3 darts, an adult RETF and a Malaysian Leaf frog from Troy at Regal Reptiles. I bought a few frogs from them at the last show and a few darts online from them - basically a pretty regular customer. Well, I get home an hour after the show unpack my bags and all my frogs are fine (I also bought many others from other vendors) except the RETF is what you see in the pic below. I immediately take a pic and send an email - an hour after buying him. I called and I was told they would call back. No call back no emails - nothing. I had to call a few times today and one of the employees at their store calls Troy and then she calls me back to tell me that they have no idea what I could have done to the frog and I cant prove anything...it was just like - what??? It was an hour after purchase. I bought many other frogs from them and other vendors. All the others were fine - what kind of business is that cheap and small minded to question a regular customer especially about a dead frog. All I did was transport him home in my car - with the others - all of whom survived just fine. Its obvious they take very poor care of their animals and their business - just a fair warning. Just cheap and stupid. Their URL is - http://www.regalreptiles.com/new_web...uperstore.html

Old 12-01-2008, 04:46 PM   #2
MDC_Ophiuchus
Well, it certainly sucks to have any animal die within an hour purchasing. What is their TOS concerning amphibs?

And while I'm not trying to downplay or sidestep your misfortune (I'd certainly be upset as well), I have to ask, why you have been...

Quote:
basically a pretty regular customer
if...

Quote:
Its obvious they take very poor care of their animals and their business
???

Old 12-01-2008, 04:48 PM   #3
MDC_Ophiuchus
oh...and you are required to have your full name in your post, unless it is already in your little profile under your avatar.

Old 12-01-2008, 05:37 PM   #4
WebSlave
Sorry, but you need to verify that your real full name is REALLY "paul an". Seems like a rather unusual name to me...........

Old 12-01-2008, 06:01 PM   #5
The3rdMan
Didnt realize it was so important to have full name in post. I dont really want people to google my name and have a bad frog purchase show up.

and to answer your question - I am no longer a regular customer because of this incident. An adult frog dying within an hour of purchase is de facto proof of bad care and not offering some sort of reimbursement is proof of bad business practice. Just sharing my experience on a thread that you're supposed to do that

Old 12-01-2008, 06:06 PM   #6
The3rdMan
and its Harold Paul Ankara

Old 12-01-2008, 06:07 PM   #7
JudyC
It also says in bright red text at the top of the forum, at the top of every thread, and even at the top of the text-box page....that your full name is required for each message posted.

So yeah...this is the place to make the complaint....but your complaint means nothing if you won't follow the rules to make it.

Old 12-01-2008, 06:08 PM   #8
The3rdMan
Oh OK - the complaint means nothing - got ya

Old 12-01-2008, 06:10 PM   #9
The3rdMan
Very interesting to me that you all are more concerned about my real name than about somebody who has bad business practices in the industry.....says alot

Old 12-01-2008, 06:17 PM   #10
JudyC
Well, it means a heck of a lot more when you're willing to back it up with your real identity. Which you did, so there ya go.

And it's not a matter of the legitimacy of the complaint, but the fact that anonymous complaints will get deleted because they do not follow the rules. Should any thread started by someone unwilling to show themselves be given much weight at all? How would we know the anonymous person is not merely a disgruntled employee, ex-boyfriend, evil monther-in-law, or wicked stepmother just trying to make trouble?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!