Chinese coronavirus - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
 Sponsors   Breeders | Dealers |  Importers/Exporters | Caging | Feed | Supplies | Services | Events 
  Inside FaunaClassifieds  Product Reviews |  Classifieds!   | Photo Gallery   | Banner Advertising 

Do you want to be able to bump and highlight your classified ads? Click here!

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Preparedness & Self-Reliance Forum

Notices

Preparedness & Self-Reliance Forum Survivalism, Livestock, Preparedness, Self Reliant Homesteading, Individual Liberty

Old 01-21-2020, 04:28 PM   #11
WebSlave
Speaking of contagion, has anyone else been brain boggled over how you will go into a public restroom, and they have automatic flushers, automatic water and soap dispensers, and automatic air dryers or automatic paper towel dispensers, then when you are finished your business, wash and dry your own hands adequately, you get to the door then have to grab a pull handle to get out of the bathroom. I wish I had a nickle for every person I saw leave the men's room without washing their hands grabbing similar handles. So my washing my own hands would be pretty damn useless and wasted effort if I were to grab that same door handle with my own hands.

Sometimes the establishment will put a trash can next to the door so you can use a paper towel as a shield for your own hands, but in those places that only have air driers, what the heck are you going to do?

Who thinks up these idiotic things by doing it that way? Someone who has never used a public bathroom before?

Old 01-22-2020, 07:11 PM   #12
WebSlave
This is interesting, eh?

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/gl.../22/id/950896/

Old 01-22-2020, 10:56 PM   #14
Karma Kritters
I always grab a paper towel to open the door if I can't pull it open with my foot or catch someone else coming in. There is no way I am touching that door handle. Usually there is a trash can by the door. If not better them have to pick up a paper towel than getting my family or myself sick.

Old 01-23-2020, 09:37 AM   #15
bcr229
If you work in an office environment, elevator buttons and coffee pot handles are very common sources of germs since everyone touches them.

Old 01-23-2020, 11:42 AM   #16
JColt
When I work on jail plumbing I basically wear a body condom. Every desk here at work has sanitize lotion on it.

Old 01-23-2020, 03:28 PM   #17
WebSlave
Heck, I'm thinking of carrying around boxes of those blue rubber gloves I get from Harbor Freight in each of the vehicles, and wear then whenever I go into any store.

Germaphobe? Well, the more I learn of the pathogens around me and see of other people's lack of basic hygiene, yeah, with good reason, I believe.

I feel better about having ticks and mosquitoes biting on me than going into a Walmart restroom.

Old 01-23-2020, 03:58 PM   #18
Socratic Monologue
I bought a couple dozen of these a while back. They're refillable from a bulk container, and fit in a pocket easily.

https://aromatools.com/5-oz-travel-hand-sanitizer.html

Doesn't help with all the people who never learned to cough into their arm instead of into the line of people at the grocery store, though.

Old 01-23-2020, 04:26 PM   #19
Lucille
Now there's a suspected case in Brazos County Texas. So much for isolation to one area.

Old 01-23-2020, 07:06 PM   #20
WebSlave
Well, one thing you can be certain of. If they are going to declare this as a global threat, they will wait until it is far too late to do anything about it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!