Chinese coronavirus - Page 37 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
 Sponsors   Breeders | Dealers |  Importers/Exporters | Caging | Feed | Supplies | Services | Events 
  Inside FaunaClassifieds  Product Reviews |  Classifieds!   | Photo Gallery   | Banner Advertising 

Do you want to be able to bump and highlight your classified ads? Click here!

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Preparedness & Self-Reliance Forum

Notices

Preparedness & Self-Reliance Forum Survivalism, Livestock, Preparedness, Self Reliant Homesteading, Individual Liberty

Old 04-07-2020, 02:08 PM   #361
bcr229
Learned something new at work today: if you wear glasses and wear an N95 mask, your glasses fog up.

Old 04-07-2020, 02:43 PM   #362
JColt
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
Learned something new at work today: if you wear glasses and wear an N95 mask, your glasses fog up.
The week I started feeling ill I was sanding and painting jail floor. I took off the N95 mask and went with surgical because it was hard to use with physical activity and fogging my glasses. Originally I thought my breathing problem was from using surgical mask.

Old 04-07-2020, 03:28 PM   #363
bcr229
Yeah it is difficult to breathe through. I couldn't imagine trying to do anything physically taxing while wearing one.

Thankfully we don't have to wear them in our cubes/offices, just when walking in the halls or in the public areas like the restrooms or break rooms.

Old 04-09-2020, 01:09 AM   #364
WebSlave
Info concerning zinc that might be of interest to some people....

https://knowledgeofhealth.com/modern...rus/#more-2220

Old 04-09-2020, 08:33 AM   #365
bcr229
Some interesting info from a Chinese resident - not the government - about what is being required from residents:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/...1726#i84660391
Quote:
Now everything is getting back to normal slowly. We have to wear masks all day even in the office.
But the quarantine is almost over even in Wuhan.

We are allowed to go back to work and one has to show an electrical health permit on his phone when entering basically every building every park etc. The app (actually several apps) shares data with the government which can track where you have been and who you have been with if you do travel. So It can identify if you have potentially been in contact with the virus. Beijing government requires everyone who came from elsewhere in China to do self quarantine at home, and who came from abroad to do testing and forced quarantine at specified places for 14days.

My son is 6 yr old, and he is happy staying home to play with his Legos. His school will not open probably until July, so he has to take some online lessons and do the homework.

[nonrelevant stuff redacted] But it couldn't be better just staying home, the virus can be very serious. Given the huge uncertainty right now, it is difficult for everyone everywhere.

The number of confirmed cases in US is shocking. But I wouldn't worry too much, it's simply because US has the capability and accurate method to test more people. As long as you keep isolated and wash hands wear masks when going out, it's safe. I guess it is the only way to keep the virus contained.

Stay safe and keep in touch.
We have too many people in this country who value their privacy, including me, who do not want .gov knowing my location every minute of every day I am out and about.

Old 04-09-2020, 01:28 PM   #366
WebSlave
Quote:
Some interesting info from a Chinese resident - not the government - about what is being required from residents:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/...1726#i84660391

We have too many people in this country who value their privacy, including me, who do not want .gov knowing my location every minute of every day I am out and about.
Yeah, I can't say I would be all that keen about being tracked that closely.

Of course, that being said, just today I got an email from Google Maps showing me all of the places I have been to in March. I've driven 115 miles with 5 hours of driving time, gone to one city, and 7 places. Gee, what a world traveler I have been.......

I wonder if it can detect if I were speeding? Wouldn't that just be wonderful to have automatic reports sent to the police and then automatic speeding tickets generated? With the fines being automatically deducted from your bank account. I suspect that this might be the future racing towards us at breakneck speed.

I've been turning on my cell phone whenever we would go out, thinking that if I happened to see something photo worthy, by the time I got the phone started up to use the camera, the photo opportunity would likely be gone.

Oh well, not like I'm likely to go anywhere that I would care whether someone knew or not. April is likely to just have the Crawfordville post office listed on it.

But I will probably NOT turn on the phone when I take the vette out for a drive.....

Old 04-09-2020, 03:08 PM   #367
bcr229
I have never turned on the "location services" on my phone. I'm sure my phone provider knows where my phone is because it's constantly pinging towers, but Google doesn't need to know.

Also was not expecting last week's unemployment number to be this high:
https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...s-economy-shut

Old 04-09-2020, 05:35 PM   #368
WebSlave
Quote:
I have never turned on the "location services" on my phone. I'm sure my phone provider knows where my phone is because it's constantly pinging towers, but Google doesn't need to know.

Also was not expecting last week's unemployment number to be this high:
https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...s-economy-shut
So yeah, lots of people filing for unemployment, which means the government is not only paying out for this, but also no longer getting the income taxes that came out of their paychecks of those people while they were working.

Yet the government is now voting into existence trillions of dollars for checks to go to everyone, and offering business loans that are basically really gifts. Has anyone bothered to ask where in the heck all that money will be coming from? The federal government is already 23 trillion dollars in debt, and you know darn right well that those numbers are likely bent to the breaking point to make things look "better" (relatively speaking) than they really are.

And I'm guessing that most other countries are in no better shape.

I sure would be pissed to find out when the dust settles that my entire retirement savings, after hyperinflation goes into high gear, won't be worth enough to pay for a loaf of bread and gallon of milk.

So can the entire world declare bankruptcy? Or are they all just going to print up all the money they need to pay the bills because it is the least painful of all the available options? Basically kicking the can down the road, hoping that some miracle will take place before the pigeons come home to roost.

Old 04-09-2020, 06:43 PM   #369
bcr229
The feds can print money and devalue the dollar.

The states are screwed. Revenues from income taxes, fuel taxes, business taxes, lotteries, hotel/hospitality taxes, tourism, etc. are way off though it will be a few weeks before we get the official numbers for March. Many state pension plans were already hurting, with returns on investments based on an optimistic economic picture that has now evaporated.

People out of work won't be spending, and people who still have jobs are going to hold off purchasing big ticket items like new cars or appliances until they see how things shake out. Then the states are going to pay for unemployment, medical, EBT...

Old 04-09-2020, 08:40 PM   #370
WebSlave
Well, if my money becomes worthless, at least my guns and ammunition will be worth something.

Speaking of which, I finally got around to sighting in my SigArms Rattler in .300 Black Out, and figured out what bullet weights I wanted to work with. I just bought a box of each of various bullet weight ammo to see which ones the gun liked best. Well, seems like the world done run out of that caliber ammo. Unless I wanted some 200 grain subsonic stuff. Seems like a lot of other calibers have evaporated too.

I guess some people are expecting they are going to be needing a lot of ammo sometime soon.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!