Chinese coronavirus - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
 Sponsors   Breeders | Dealers |  Importers/Exporters | Caging | Feed | Supplies | Services | Events 
  Inside FaunaClassifieds  Product Reviews |  Classifieds!   | Photo Gallery   | Banner Advertising 

Do you want to be able to bump and highlight your classified ads? Click here!

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Preparedness & Self-Reliance Forum

Notices

Preparedness & Self-Reliance Forum Survivalism, Livestock, Preparedness, Self Reliant Homesteading, Individual Liberty

Old 01-25-2020, 10:55 AM   #31
bcr229
SARS, swine flu, and avian flu apparently are other forms of coronavirus so I'd find it more likely that it started in a bat versus a reptile.

If you're into watching very dry lectures by college professors, this one would give a good idea of what we can expect from the Wuhan coronavirus, without a bunch of media hype.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...=1000093022358

Old 01-25-2020, 08:48 PM   #32
JColt
I hear the U.S. Government is sending planes to evacuate around 1000 U.S. Citizens. Hopefully they are thoroughly tested.

Old 01-25-2020, 11:03 PM   #33
WebSlave
Man, I dunno, but this is starting to sound serious to me. This little flame could be growing into a real fire. The US government isn't going to evacuate people without a very good reason. Heck, I seem to recall that people were sent INTO ebola infected areas to help out.

We might have to stock in emergency "hurricane" supplies REAL soon. Fortunately, here in our neck of the woods it will be real easy to put the rest of the world into quarantine for a spell.

Old 01-26-2020, 12:41 AM   #35
WebSlave
Well, this is certainly interesting reading.

Did China Steal Coronavirus From Canada And Weaponize It?

Old 01-26-2020, 01:12 AM   #36
WebSlave
I just found this recent video of what is supposed to be a coronavirus sufferer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-zn6Q6Bfkw

Heck, I'm not any sort of medical professional, but I never thought a reaction like this would be caused by "flu-like symptoms" and/or pneumonia.

Maybe the video is just bogus? Wouldn't be the first time that someone tried to troll for YouTube views this way.

Old 01-26-2020, 01:22 AM   #37
WebSlave
This video is particularly interesting because of a guy being interviewed claiming that medical staff in China contracted the virus through their eyes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lg925coC5sc

So yeah, keep your hands away from your face. ALL of your face.

Old 01-26-2020, 04:15 AM   #38
WebSlave
From what I have been reading, the incubation period is from 1 to 14 days. The infected person is contagious during this period while being asymptomatic.

So you could be infected by the virus, not be showing any symptoms whatsoever, and be infecting people all around you without realizing it.

It also means that although some people may not have serious symptoms, they are infectious to people who might have severe symptoms from the infection.

"Symptoms seem to be mild cold/flu for a few days, then improvement followed quickly by pneumonia."

There is no cure for it after you get infected. Either your immune system can handle it, or it can't. There is no vaccine for you to take to help keep you from getting infected.

Apparently no one knows, or no one is saying yet, how easily the virus is spread from one person to the next.

Source: http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread1254931

I think if I were going to design a weaponized pathogen, it would have exactly this sort of characteristic concerning contagion. Infected parties could have up to two weeks to spread it around before they even realized they were infected. Everyone suspected of having the virus would have to be quarantined for maybe 3 weeks after the last possible exposure before they could be green lighted. This would overwhelm medical facilities rather quickly.

Hope that it isn't too late for containment...

Old 01-26-2020, 08:19 AM   #39
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post

Hope that it isn't too late for containment...
Speaking from personal experience, I believe this kind of infection will be spread fairly easily via the public school system. States pay school systems based on daily attendance, not by the number of students enrolled. Many school systems use incentives such as prizes, ice cream parties, and the like to encourage perfect attendance in order to boost the funding they receive, and they sometimes use peer pressure by penalizing the entire class if one student is absent.

When you couple the incentive for showing up in class, with some little kid's idea of wiping his nose if a kleenex is not actually in his hand at that moment, which is to wipe the snot off his face with the back of his hand and then wipe his hand on the desk top, it wouldn't take long for a community to become ill.

Old 01-26-2020, 03:20 PM   #40
E.Shell
Anyone like conspiracy theories?

One of two close-by facilities:
https://www.wuxiapptec.com/about/location

See WuXi:
http://tinfoilcowboyhat.com/soroscos.htm

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!