Bad Guy Name : box turtle lover. refuse to refund. Tortoise arrive dead. - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-02-2018, 10:35 PM   #21
Ninjatortoise
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlmoon View Post
Poor tortoise! Totally the seller's fault - obviously through ignorance and inexperience and not malice, but that is no excuse to not take responsibility for baking the tortoise.

Did you pay in a manner that you can dispute? (credit card, paypal?). The seller really needs to refund you 100%. Sorry to hear that you are out the tortoise and the money.
I paid via PayPal. I made a claim and she refused to refund. Paypal is working on it now and I will keep you guys posted. Thanks.

Old 03-03-2018, 07:28 AM   #22
Black Adder
So sorry for the poor tort, that was a needless and cruel death that could and should have been avoided.
I am always leary of using even 1 heatpack but 4? ridiculous!
The vast majority of herps are shipped via FedEx ( shipyour and repexpress are both fedex ) and priority overnight usually means temperature controlled transport and storage so even though 20 outside they are usually at 65 or above majority of the time if all goes well on delivery.

Shipping in winter should not be a huge issue if one uses common sense and some planning.

Seller is completely at fault for the death of this poor animal and should refund the buyer in full post haste and hopefully learn from her mistakes in this matter!

Old 03-03-2018, 09:39 AM   #23
Snake-Queen
Has she been notified of this thread? Maybe reading more than the buyer saying she was wrong will open her eyes.

Old 03-03-2018, 10:16 AM   #24
Ninjatortoise
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Adder View Post
So sorry for the poor tort, that was a needless and cruel death that could and should have been avoided.
The vast majority of herps are shipped via FedEx ( shipyour and repexpress are both fedex ) and priority overnight usually means temperature controlled transport and storage so even though 20 outside they are usually at 65 or above majority of the time if all goes well on delivery.

Shipping in winter should not be a huge issue if one uses common sense and some planning.

Seller is completely at fault for the death of this poor animal and should refund the buyer in full post haste and hopefully learn from her mistakes in this matter!

just feel very bad for this good looking Russian tortoise , I have set everything up for him.
Attached Images

Old 03-03-2018, 10:20 AM   #25
Ninjatortoise
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake-Queen View Post
Has she been notified of this thread? Maybe reading more than the buyer saying she was wrong will open her eyes.
Yes. I sent her the link already. Hopefully she can learn from this time. I believe she love the tortoise too , and none of us want this to happen. Just the way she handle this upset me

Old 03-03-2018, 10:24 AM   #26
Black Adder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjatortoise View Post
Yes. I sent her the link already. Hopefully she can learn from this time. I believe she love the tortoise too , and none of us want this to happen. Just the way she handle this upset me
Wish she would make a show so at least she can see how wrong she was and how needless this death was.
And she needs make it right to you as definitely her fault entirely.
4 heatpacks and that foil lined container? May as well have just tossed the tort in an oven!

Old 03-03-2018, 03:41 PM   #27
evergreenstatereptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Adder View Post

This is the point I made earlier but even then folks still believe outside temps is same inside the box. I have never NEVER lost an animal in shipment And I have shipped 12 months out of the year. It's all about proper packaging.

Old 03-07-2018, 12:39 PM   #28
box turtle lover
after reading it all, i see that i am 100% at fault, you are all correct: I have no experience shipping with heat packs, i misunderstood the instructions, i apologize for everything to the buyer, full refund including the shipping was issued to buyer's pay-pal account. thank you

Old 03-07-2018, 01:10 PM   #29
Phil Bradley
Anna if the above is indeed true then good on ya for owning up to your mistake and correcting it in a professional manner. Heat packs can be beneficial to help ward off extreme low temps however, as you have experienced, they can raise temps to a lethal extreme in heavily insulated, completely sealed boxes. The basic rule of thumb for the vast majority of species that are shipped is that low temps can cause health issues (typically you have to expose animals to chronic low temps or in conjunction with wet conditions) but high temps kill quickly and frequently. I'm sorry this learning experience involved a deceased herp but many hobbyists, and professional keepers, have had to learn the hard way at least once in their lifetime.

Old 03-07-2018, 01:42 PM   #30
box turtle lover
yes, I did learn after reading the heat pack links here, I should have done the research first, all my fault

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!