I'm not giving in....... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-07-2006, 06:27 PM   #1
Rebel Dragons
I'm not giving in.......

Finally starting to switch over to the new cages Cory and I have been building. So far I have resisted the urge to fill them with SAND!!!

I have used sand for years and change is something I don't handle well. It's kinda like an OCD urge these past couple days. Every time I look at the cage I feel something is missing and it's just not right. I have grown to hate sand and don't miss it, it's just the "not right" felling I get.

Anyway, here's cage #1 in it's completion. I got more glass in today at work so tomorrow I can finish up the first RTB cage and 1 more dragon cage. The boss is kinda getting tired of pieces of cages all over the shop. Lmao

Now if I can just resist the need to buy some sand I'll be ok......
Attached Images

Old 07-07-2006, 06:35 PM   #2
Rebel Dragons
Just for the record...... I couldn't resist the urge to immediately take pics so I threw in a stick and a dragon. The finished cage has the basking rocks, cholla condo thingie I made and other goodies in it. It's not so empty and bland.

I guess I could just take a pic of the finished the project...... Duh!!

I need a functioning brain sometimes.

Old 07-07-2006, 07:09 PM   #3
prodigy9618
That's a Sweet looking cage. What kind of material is it? Also what is the condo thing you mentioned?

Old 07-07-2006, 07:09 PM   #4
Junkyard
Lol, that cage looks great Mike! That is a gorgeous dragon you have in there too.

Old 07-07-2006, 07:33 PM   #5
Rebel Dragons
Quote:
Originally Posted by prodigy9618
That's a Sweet looking cage. What kind of material is it? Also what is the condo thing you mentioned?
It's made out of maple melamine. Most people use the solid black melamine so of course I had to be diffrent. The cholla condo thingie is just where I took a bunch of diffrent pieces of cholla and made like a little tower house thingie out of them. I'll get more pics as soon as batteries recharge.

Old 07-07-2006, 07:35 PM   #6
Rebel Dragons
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkyard
Lol, that cage looks great Mike! That is a gorgeous dragon you have in there too.
Thanks, Michael.

Old 07-08-2006, 08:28 AM   #7
Brenda777
Nice enclosure. I wish I had the proper tools for mine when I built it so it could be as nice as yours.

Old 07-08-2006, 12:30 PM   #8
clarinet45
Very nice, Mike! If you want a substrate that is pretty, go with tile. When i get brad to make my tanks, that's what's going in them!

Old 07-08-2006, 12:33 PM   #9
varnyard
That is one sweet looking cage Mike!!

Old 07-08-2006, 01:23 PM   #10
Rebel Dragons
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarinet45
Very nice, Mike! If you want a substrate that is pretty, go with tile. When i get brad to make my tanks, that's what's going in them!
Thank's Sara. Tile is what I'm leaning torwards. I want the cages to have a nice professional look to them. Now I just need to pick out some tile before I end up buying sand.

Thank's Bobby!!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!