The Most Dangerous Snake in the USA? Rattlesnake Study Provides Clue - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Venomous Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-13-2014, 02:33 PM   #21
zookeeperfrank
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
While facts are facts, beliefs or feelings are very much relevant in whether and how much risk should be assumed by various parties that might come into contact with a venomous critter kept in an enclosure, professionally in a zoo/business or privately.

I have said before that those who are irresponsible represent a great risk to the public and especially to children who are naturally curious and tend to pick up critters who may have escaped inadequate housing. I do not believe the innocent and unaware should bear any risk from the actions irresponsible keepers.

How to arrange that is another can of worms, but that is what I believe.

On the other hand, those adults who are capable, who have professional grade enclosures and rooms set aside for housing would seem to risk only themselves.
People go skydiving and step out of perfectly good airplanes for fun. I think that is insanity (we are not talking military, we are talking for fun) and I would never do that in a zillion years but I am not prepared to tell an adult that they can't skydive because their parachute might not open.

Well, as I've said, I've heard this and much more, many times...I give up, good luck to all.

If anyone need references to peer-reviewed research, other experts, factual info, please do not hesitate to be in touch, but I can't continue to debate in this manner, Frank

Tags
rattlesnakes, venomous