Aptor - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-12-2004, 11:06 PM   #31
MattP
Thanks for that post Chris, you deffinitely know what's up......... However, there is something going on with the Giants. All of the ones I have that are supposed "Giants", grow way faster than the others........... So, any clue as to what that's all about?

I do agree with you though!!

Matt

Old 11-12-2004, 11:16 PM   #32
groovygeckos
im not sure

why to call those patternless but he says many are just pure orange like the little one , and it came out of the designers (jungle /stripe/ reverse-stripe) that is pretty obvious on some of them ! im not so sure what to beleive just stating what i was told when i asked ! could be multi-homozygous, xavier showing carrothead /tail , albino , reverse/jungle/ or striped(poss. polygenic NOT recessive or dom. ) , as well as patternless ! my jungle (darker) pictured is also striped UNDER the jungle pattern there are two more white lines closer to his side that you cant see in the pic , my female is jungle but is partially striped (pattern points in at the center , and i fully expect to see stripe or reverse stripe from breeding these two ! alberto has a striped that is also banded (somehow) on his page ..... i know ron has and will be again selling a 16 X Multi "het" gecko ! now that would be some proof !

Old 11-12-2004, 11:28 PM   #33
groovygeckos
they are giants

thats whats up with that !!! lol there are supposed to be 3 forms of a co-dom trait , so im pretty sure there are "supers" and moose is definately one of them ! my pair are not even 7 months old and the male is 92 grams today and the female 75 g.

Old 11-12-2004, 11:47 PM   #34
Blazin
3 names for a type of albino!

This is actually funny! Sunglow,Hyglo,APTOR! They are all the same thing! It was actually very predictable they would be comming along! Progression of the morphs has been very predictable! The whole "Giant" thing was never answered or worked out . I have yet to have seen another animal anywhere even close to MOOSE! Definetely not simple recessive! Something going on? Oh sure, but so is dark spots on Blizzards or little dwarf pastels or super Bright splotches of orange on Tangerine geckos! This boils down to Marketing and actually I guess looking at the number of available APTORs really good marketing at that! What I think is funny is not what exactly these geckos are technically or what genes produced them. Whats funny is how certain breeders can't give credit to anyone but THEMSELVES! The whole thing is Ridiculous! Hummmmmm! Now thats a new thread. The politics involved in the Market place!!! Now thats a can of WORMS!!!!

Old 11-13-2004, 12:39 AM   #35
KelliH
Hey, don't bring my "dalmations" into this! They're just innocent bystanders!
LOL!

Old 11-13-2004, 01:05 AM   #36
LadyGecko
OHHHHHHHH Keli -I love your Dalmations!!

Sandy

Old 11-13-2004, 03:02 AM   #37
robin d.
personally i think it is a super hypo albino stripe, period. now as far as stripes not being recessive... my line sure is and so is kellis and if i recall ron himself has said in the past that stripe were a recessive trait... chris and kelli im right there with ya... too much has happened and things change as he see's fit
as far as the giants i still think it is line bred and it also has something to do with the subspecies montanus (i think thats the larger subspecies)or even and its not wuite a stretch for it to even be e. angramainyu... thrown in the mix somewhere down the line

i got some ocean front property in arizona.. beatiful cliffs overlooks a quite tranquil sea.... the smell of that sea air in the morning and the sunset falling beautifully into the sea....
got any buyers?

and sheesh kelli those arent dalmations they are paradox blizzards... oh wait thats right you call em dalmations and i will call mine paradox blizzards.... and ummm they ARE different ... i promise!

Old 11-13-2004, 10:53 AM   #38
groovygeckos
hehe

Old 11-13-2004, 12:20 PM   #39
No1snotsucker
I think this whole thing is just crap. I like everyone else pointed out he has no understanding of genetics.

For 2 years he claimed the Giant trait was simple reccesive. Now it's co dominate. Not dominate but co dominate. So if thats the case where are all the super giants at? Well none of you sound like you have any so I wonder where he hides them. He claims he breeds giant to giant to produce them. So If it's co dominate and both of those lets say only were carrying one gene for Giant then 25% would still be normal sized geckos 50% would be Giant and then the other mysterious 25% would be .....SUPER GIANT. So where are they at?

At BEST this is a dominate trait. Most likely it's it's just a selectivly breed trait.

Now I understand many of you may say well if you don't agree why did you buy a giant? Well it was the same price as the normal sized version and maybe, just maybe I'm really wrong

Oh and bye the way why in the world would you sell a Giant for the price of a normal anyway?! It's a genetic Giant according to him, isn't that worth more money?

My vote with many others is that this new APTOR or what ever it's called is just a selectivly breed trait.

Old 11-13-2004, 02:59 PM   #40
Dan Lubinsky
Sorry, but I don't have any " Las Vegas " albinos, just Rainwaters. Since the term " hybino " was coined first and is pretty descriptive, can't we just stick with that? I know what the "hy" is but what's the "glo"? (nowadays there are all kinds of glowing colors in our animals). After 30 years of breeding orchids and doing shows I've seen many species names changed by the feuding taxonomists crying to be heard. Then you get some nosepicker with five plants walking up at a show and saying "You know, you've labeled that plant wrong - it's very misleading." Next thing you know, you're debating which morph is which when you could be out cleaning and feeding.......... HEY, wait a minute !!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!