March 05 Reptiles Magazine **RAPTOR**s - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-05-2005, 05:17 PM   #21
groovygeckos
:)

Quote:
i got a tremper from kelli that had ruby red eyes back in 2001 but they ended up getting darker
so both kelli and yourself have alot of pictures huh ? i want to see ! 2001 ? so for 4 years neither one of you , have thought to make a project of something as exciting as eyes like that and produce them for sale ? to hold onto something for sooo long in this "race" is just asking for "the other guy " to be the first ! .........and quite honestly IMO leaves you " in the dust" AAAMAZING REALLY !

Old 01-05-2005, 05:28 PM   #22
groovygeckos
here we go again !

Quote:
it kinda makes me sick he takes something others have been working years and coins a nifty name and voila now he is king sh!t of turd island ... look at all the hard work urban and HQR have been doing
first - off robin your comments and obvious disgust with RT never cease to amaze me ! secondly ron tremper has been working w/ geckos for longer than matt (HQR) has even been alive ...... third ( and this is the killer ) Urban and HQR would be nowhere/noone without ron tremper ! (same goes for the rest of us ) where do you think the genetics behind the "sunblow" or the "red-stripes" came from ?

Old 01-05-2005, 06:08 PM   #23
No1snotsucker
Sunblow huh??

Before telling someone off I'd at least double check my spelling before it was thrown back in my face and made me look like a jack ass.

Old 01-05-2005, 06:48 PM   #24
groovygeckos
yes !

im a "jack ass" I DID type it that way ! does it seem im trying to tell someone off ? not me , i just tell it like it is , and ask alot of questions ! what is wrong with that ? ......... well ide worry about my own first , before nitpicking someone else , to have it thrown in my face , and make myself look like a jackass !

Old 01-05-2005, 07:57 PM   #25
StinaUIUC
it certainly sounded to me like you were telling robin off...sure it seemed that way to anyone who read it... and anyway...there is no reason to start getting all angry with each other for no reason...Dan why do you care what Robin's opinion is of Tremper?...it doesn't affect you in anyway...so let just leave it alone!

Anyway...won't anyone tell us what the art contest is????!!

Old 01-05-2005, 08:33 PM   #26
Xavier
Quote:
Originally Posted by StinaUIUC
it certainly sounded to me like you were telling robin off...sure it seemed that way to anyone who read it... and anyway...there is no reason to start getting all angry with each other for no reason...Dan why do you care what Robin's opinion is of Tremper?...it doesn't affect you in anyway...so let just leave it alone!

Anyway...won't anyone tell us what the art contest is????!!
Here you go

Old 01-05-2005, 08:43 PM   #27
StinaUIUC
THANKS!! Do they say anywhere what they consider to be professional artists?...I've never taken special art classes or anything...but I've just in the past 2 months started doing pet portraits (I've finished and sold one and am currently working on another).

Old 01-05-2005, 08:44 PM   #28
robin d.
i am just wondering where these genes are coming from since ron has only introduced 3 new geckos in the past 25 years to his coloony. second i know for a fact he aqired 19 individual WC leos about a year before the giants came about. i wonder about others as well
Quote:
where do you think the genetics behind the "sunglow" or the "red-stripes" came from ?
sunglow PARTLY the albino part yes but not the tangerine.. and thats what makes the sunglows look so good. as far as the red stripes i believe he has nothing to do with those originally. i think HQR might have gotten some nieves lines stripes/hypo stripes ect. and prolly didnt know... those nieves do have a certain look to them no doubt. what i am saying is not every line of stripe descended from ron.
tell me this how many lies? backtracks? cover ups? does one person have to do before people believe... i mean these arent alligations they are factual... i bet you the red eyes will be "recessive" lets just wait and see.
why did i not keep my trempers... i thought they were ugly. the year i bought mine ,kelli sold all her trempers. the next year i sold mine... i saw the beauty in the rainwaters and bells that i didnt see in the trempers... she just got some others in the last year or so., i speculate but can not say for sure to prove or disprove... but i dont know

Old 01-05-2005, 09:05 PM   #29
groovygeckos
ok robin

well at least i understand you a little better now .... see thats the thing HQ does not tell anyone where they got their original striped geckos from ...also they say they have used NO tangs but only say the stripes came "from a well known breeder " as far as ive read (and has been rumored) is that ron introduced the first jungle and striped leos ! that and the fact if you breed 2 together you get stripe or jungle says TO ME that all of these "genetic-stripes" are related and im thinking would have to come from the same line to work together in that way ............ i have seen the import - paper you speak of and likewise can only speculate

Old 01-05-2005, 09:16 PM   #30
Xavier
Quote:
Originally Posted by StinaUIUC
THANKS!! Do they say anywhere what they consider to be professional artists?...I've never taken special art classes or anything...but I've just in the past 2 months started doing pet portraits (I've finished and sold one and am currently working on another).
No it said no professionals thats all, I wouldn't say u have to worry

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!