March 05 Reptiles Magazine **RAPTOR**s - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-08-2005, 07:44 PM   #81
MattP
Thanks for the kind words Robin!

What I know is that Ron hatched out his own gecko with black eyes, it looks just like the snows except its a high yellow(it has the stripes and all). It seems that the connection with the black eyes has to do with the striped pattern more than the snow morph, but I don't really know. I and others, think that Ron bred that black eyed gecko to his other morphs and he created the R.A.P.T.O.R. He could have come up with a better name though.

Matt

Old 01-08-2005, 08:05 PM   #82
StinaUIUC
Robin...what I was saying about the color did not really have to do with the albino part...if the SS gene is in fact one gene and it blocks pigmentation, then tangerine linebred into the albinos would not be able to be expressed in the RAPTORS. Someone please correct me if I am wrong... Matt, what you said goes right along with my last post....and I agree with your thoughts about the name!!...lol

Old 01-08-2005, 08:34 PM   #83
robin d.
but in T+ animals the trionaise (orhoweveryouspellit) the animals to exibit colors where normally they would not have any... now this new snow thing may be a pattern anomoly rather than a color anomoly..... you just add so to speak the color to the pattern. crap i really dont know just throwing some thoughts out there

Old 01-08-2005, 09:02 PM   #84
aliceinwl
I agree with both Matt and Christina. I don't think that RAPTORs have any super snow. From what I've seen of the super snows both in person and in pics, hets are pale pastels and supers lack any yellow, orange, etc. pigmentation. I think that a super snow tremper would be somewhere between brown and white and solid white (unless the oranges etc would show up where the markings are) depending on incubation temperature and how much pattern it has.

I'm pretty sure I remember reading that Jodi Aherns hatched out a gecko with solid black eyes and I have seen others posted throughout the years. Solid eyes are not exclusive to super snows.

What I find really interesting is how many of the new morphs are connected with stripes. Super snows, APTORs, and red stripes all have some form of striping. What's up with that?

-Alice

Old 01-08-2005, 09:04 PM   #85
Golden Gate Geckos
well...

Quote:
I'm pretty sure I remember reading that Jodi Aherns hatched out a gecko with solid black eyes and I have seen others posted throughout the years. Solid eyes are not exclusive to super snows.
Correct. I have a few Blizzards that have solid black eyes.

Old 01-08-2005, 09:10 PM   #86
groovygeckos
christina

what i was saying is that the super-snow / albino (double homozygous) will not have the black spotting since theres a lack of melanin w the albino gene ...and there very well could be color beneath the black that we wont see until combined w/ albino trait ...... not that you can mix tangerine into super-snow , if that is even possible it would take a long time IMO since there is some form of dominance w the SS line .........and im right along w everyone else on this one , that the pattern may have something to do w the eyes . of course i do not know this , but this has been my thought on the whole thing ...since i first saw super-snows ! and yes there ARE other solid jet- black eyes out there

Old 01-08-2005, 09:21 PM   #87
groovygeckos
if you removed the dark pigment

from the SS s w/ an albino gene do you think the spots will just dissapear and be white ? could be but im thinking there is color under there ...thats why the "genetic- snow " projects are going to be BIG

Old 01-08-2005, 09:28 PM   #88
aliceinwl
Whether or not you could ever incorporate any orange or yellow coloration into a super snow would depend on whether or not super snows are truly anerythristic (sp?). If they are, you could potentially produce some interesting hets from crosses into tang lines, but aside from amount pattern those crosses wouldn't touch the color on a super. This is what I suspect to be the case.

If on the other hand, the super snow is a "pattern mutation" resulting in a white ground color without affecting the color of the pattern as Robin suggested, breeding into tang albinos could yield some interesting results. On many of the high color trempers the pattern, especially on the head, is orange to almost red. This would look really neat on a white background.

From what I've seen, super snows seem to be anerys. I think that at least the first tremper super snow albinos will look a lot like snow kenyan sand boas in terms of color.

-Alice

Old 01-08-2005, 09:30 PM   #89
aliceinwl
Dan, I think that there will be color under there, and it will be brown The snow gene will prevent the formation of any yellow, orange, etc. even in the pattern.
-Alice

Old 01-08-2005, 10:01 PM   #90
robin d.
ok so now we are back to the begining... brown trempers

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!