Who is not scared to openly admit this? - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2005, 07:10 PM   #31
herp4fun
Talking

The only funny thing with the legality of marijuana, is the fact that alcohol does MORE to you, for a longer period of time, damages more organs and portions of your body, and kills MORE people in 1 month than pot has in years and years. Yet alcohol is still legal....
very well put herpluver.

Lucille that is what is so beautiful about you, me and everyother human being on this planet we all have diffrent views on things etc.. Im all for "UNITY IN DIVERSITY" Im glad you seen many good cops I myself have seen more bad than good. That is not what this thread is about though. Ask the beautiful ppl of NEW ORLEANS where all the good cops are????? Come on I dont want to have to say names here why are all you guys scared to admit it? I know there are others just like myself that as we are typing are also puffing. Dont make me throw you out in the street. LOL. kidding. I would not do that i have the utmost respect for everyones rights to privacy.. and views. We dont have much time on this earth lets spend it how we choose(in a friendly respectful way) Well this is my last post for a few hrs im off to see a movie. This I hope stays a very friendly DEBATE. Although it was not intended to be a debate. Peace love & respect to everyone. Jacob Walsh

Old 10-23-2005, 07:13 PM   #32
Serpwidgets
Quote:
Originally Posted by herp4fun
I was simply making a point that she could verywell be a hypocrite by making that statement if in fact she does drink coffee etc.
I don't think it's even close to reasonable to think you can compare caffeine and nicotine to THC.

Old 10-23-2005, 07:18 PM   #33
Dr Owens
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerpLuver
Your sure there are law enforcemen that read these forums? One of the most frequent users here *not mentioning names* IS a police officer or more.
I'm not sure who you're referring to, but it's worth noting that one of the mods is a police officer. I'm kind of curious as to what he might have to say about this topic.
Quote:
I used to be a BIG time pot head, and to be honest, my memory is MUCH better now that i dont use. I can't say i didnt miss the feeling, but either way, im much more active and remember a whole hell of alot more now that i dont smoke.
Fact: Smoking marijuana diminishes cognitive ability.

Interpretation: Smoking pot makes you stupid.

Sorry, but it's true.

For the record, I am not anti-weed...but that most certainly does not make me pro-weed either. I have seen many, many people "self medicate" with weed in an effort to cope with emotional and mental problems. These people would be far better served by appropriate psychiatric/psychological intervention. In fact, I have yet to see a chronic weed smoker who didn't have some sort of underlying psychiatric condition. I am not saying this in order to cast dispersions on anyone posting here. Merely as food for thought.

Old 10-23-2005, 07:25 PM   #34
HerpLuver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Owens
I'm not sure who you're referring to, but it's worth noting that one of the mods is a police officer. I'm kind of curious as to what he might have to say about this topic.
[

Actually thats who i was referring to, but didnt know how open the information was and didnt want to just blurt it out incase it was considered "covert" information.

Old 10-23-2005, 07:26 PM   #35
Dr Owens
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpwidgets
I don't think it's even close to reasonable to think you can compare caffeine and nicotine to THC.
It's about as reasonable as comparing aspirin to Oxycontin. Sure, they're both drugs, but that's pretty much where the similarities end.

Isn't it funny how someone can compare caffeine or nicotine to THC, but that same person would most assuredly balk if you drew a similar comparison between marijuana and heroin?

Old 10-23-2005, 07:39 PM   #36
Karen Hulvey
Quote:
Originally Posted by herp4fun
Or ruin their lives over only some good bud smoke?
Twenty five people in my family alone (some sisters, some brothers & many of their kids too) have their heads in a cloud (of pot smoke) all the time. They are LOSERS, LOSERS, LOSERS and it's all because they can't put down the weed. They can't hold down jobs, they don't have cars, they live off of welfare. They are in and out of jail. I could go on and on.

My question for you is this: How do you hold down a job and light it up at the same time? Do they give random drug tests?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herplover
The only funny thing with the legality of marijuana, is the fact that alcohol does MORE to you, for a longer period of time, damages more organs and portions of your body, and kills MORE people in 1 month than pot has in years and years. Yet alcohol is still legal....
I don't like beer as much as I don't like cigarettes and pot.

Old 10-23-2005, 07:39 PM   #37
Jim O
Quote:
I have seen many, many people "self medicate" with weed in an effort to cope with emotional and mental problems.
As have I in my professional lifetime, though the same can also be said for alcohol, benzos, narcotics, and cocaine.

Old 10-23-2005, 07:47 PM   #38
Dr Owens
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim O
As have I in my professional lifetime, though the same can also be said for alcohol, benzos, narcotics, and cocaine.
I figured that you'd agree. As I was typing I almost included (Right Jim?).

Old 10-23-2005, 07:59 PM   #39
Jim O
Quote:
I figured that you'd agree. As I was typing I almost included (Right Jim?).
LOL.

Even if it doesn't start that way. My experience is that most "recreational" users go through a phase and put it down. Those that become habitual users more often than not are medicating themselves. Often they don't even realize what it is until they attempt to quit.

Old 10-23-2005, 08:08 PM   #40
thomaslingren
I know many stoners here in the So. Cal. herp community. Every show I attend there is always 4:20 sales, unfortunatley I'm in the car at the time, thats right OG Kush every day is the only way. To the people who say it will rob you of your drive and purpose... is it your drive and purpose to be a self-centered mindless consumer? Life is about being a good person, a light to others. Most people will call pot heads losers because they havent achieved (bought) as much as them. You are not what you own! I will agree that pot is not for everybody, but what is? (SEX) haha.
All I ask of people is not to base thier moral beliefs on legalities. Jesus our savior was jailed more times than me. Our commandments and natures laws are very basic and natural ,the way things are supposed to be, the way they were created. Its all very simple if you just sit back and see life the way it was meant to be seen. A joint of Kush might help you see.
Mabey we are called stoners because we are here for the world to cast thier stones at?

Breeding Chams and Smoking Grams
Tommy Lingren

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread