Hello - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

Old 01-28-2007, 09:41 PM   #31
Drache613
Hello

Hello,

Yeah, that would be quite an undertaking putting 6 kids through college for sure. Colleges are expensive in Texas, I remember that!! He must have come from a large family then.

Tracie

Old 01-28-2007, 10:42 PM   #32
texasnewbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drache613
He must have come from a large family then.

Tracie
No, not really. I'm one of 3 (the only girl) and he is one of 3 (all boys) His parents are from small families too, my mom is 1 of two, but my dad is one of 9 (I think (large farming family))

All my family are back in England and the town we live in Texas is where he grew up, my in laws live here, his aunt and his 2 brothers. His brothers don't have children, neither do my brothers. I think we are having all the grandchildren for both families

You don't have children do you?

Old 01-29-2007, 01:08 PM   #33
Drache613
Hello

Hello,

Wow, your dad came from a large family. My hubby's family was a little large 8 or 9 I think, too.
No, we don't have any kids. His sister has 3 kids, so that is enough!! LOL That is so funny, you are getting both sides of the family all set up so no one else will have to have kids!!
All your family is still over there huh? I guess you get to go see them from time to time.

Tracie

Old 01-29-2007, 06:33 PM   #34
texasnewbie
Quote:

All your family is still over there huh? I guess you get to go see them from time to time.

Tracie
We are planning to go over this summer, plane tickets are a fortune, but if we lived there we would need to visit his family here so either way we have to fly.

Thankfully we have the internet so I talk to my family throughout the week by email and on Sundays we have instant messaging with the webcam so they can see the kids. I spent last Christmas in England so they met my 16month old, they have only seen my daughter(3 month old) by webcam though.

Your lucky at least you can give his sister her kids back when you've had enough

Old 01-29-2007, 09:16 PM   #35
Drache613
Hello

Hello,

Yeah, I bet airline tickets are really expensive!! You are right though, either way, you would still have to travel. He would want to come back to see his family in Texas.
Ha that is the benefit of having nieces & nephews is getting to give them back!
Wow that is really cool you got to go back to England for Christmas last year. Webcams are awesome for keeping in touch huh?

Tracie

Old 01-29-2007, 11:38 PM   #36
texasnewbie
Quote:
Webcams are awesome for keeping in touch huh?

Tracie
Not the same as being there in person but a lot better than phone calls.

I get really homesick, but when I think about it practically the children have a much better future growing up here.

I'm not saying Britain is bad, I love England, but the health system is poor and the schools are lacking. My 12 year old son is learning more complex things now at 12, than I did at 16 (we leave school at 16 there, not 18) and he's on the honour role here. In England they said my 7yr old was dyslexic and made no effort to help him in the school environment so he struggled with writing etc, here he is top of his class for reading.

Old 01-30-2007, 06:39 PM   #37
Drache613
Hello

Hello,

Well that is great he is doing so well. Sometimes, they just use dyslexia as an excuse to NOT help a student who needs extra help. He just learns different that's all. None of us learn the same, but if the teacher sees that then he makes the extra effort to help. Most teachers don't do anything extra though.
I am sure it is rough being so far away from home.

Tracie

Old 01-30-2007, 07:06 PM   #38
texasnewbie
It is rough sometimes but I can still visit etc and one of us would be in this situation wherever we live.

Moving from Texas to Florida is a big move in itself, for you too..

Old 01-30-2007, 07:10 PM   #39
Drache613
Hello

Hello,

Yeah it was a long move for us from Texas to Florida, like 26 hours worth of driving!! UGH!! I wish we could have flown but we had too much stuff.
It is only his family anyway, I don't really keep in touch with mine, unfortunately.

Tracie

Old 01-30-2007, 07:19 PM   #40
texasnewbie
Quote:
I don't really keep in touch with mine, unfortunately.

Tracie
Thats a shame

I'm lucky enough to get on with mine, I even used to live in the same street as them after I left home.

I cant imagine having to take a 26hr road trip, I hope it only took one journey and not several.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!