Bad Guy Mitch Whyte (WHYTEARK) - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-12-2018, 01:53 PM   #21
Stephenson8011
Quote:
Originally Posted by WHYTEARK View Post
Well I do apologize for my temper, perhaps I should have waited a bit to reply to him and not played into him or let it get to me, It brought out the worst in me as I simply don’t like being messed with for no reason, and that was a private e mail where I simply vented a bit in private after losing my temper. I knew he would likely post that on here. Anyways it is what it. it was an unjustified boi post, regardless of my personal response to him which was obviously just venting... now I’m a bad guy ? welcome to Retail online sales and the Boi. Thanks Everyone !

Anger brings out peoples true colors. Was the OP a little confused on how reptiles sales may go? Yes. But that in no way justifies you’re uncalled for, unprofessional and homophobic name calling. This BOI is perfectly justified.

Old 02-12-2018, 03:21 PM   #22
WHYTEARK
For the record, I have not an ounce of homophobia in me, and never have ! I was insulted and simply returned one privately in admittedly very poor taste and I apologize deeply for that to the OP and anyone I offended. There is really nothing more to it than that... I have nothing more to say on the matter. Thank You.

Old 02-12-2018, 03:53 PM   #23
JCCS
Mitch, as much as I would like to believe that of anyone, your own words betray you even now. If you didn't have an ounce of homophobia in you, you would not consider someone being gay an insult. I don't think you're quite getting it now. Instead of denying the whole thing and pretending it's not a big deal, the best thing might be to apologize to the OP and to anyone who has been offended by your own stupidity and ignorance. Just my two cents.

Old 02-12-2018, 03:58 PM   #24
JCCS
You did apologize, good for that. I apologize for not reading further than "I don't have an ounce of homophobia in me", which is obviously not true. I still think that until you come to grips with that fact, an apology is meaningless.

Old 02-12-2018, 05:38 PM   #25
Herpin Man
A few of my own random thoughts-

We've all missed out on animals that were sold to someone else. Until the buyer says "I'll take it" (and the seller acknowledges), there is no deal, and generally that, in and of itself, does not justify a bad guy thread. If the seller is ignoring the buyer's request for info (extremely common among herp dealers, unfortunately), then chalk it up to poor service and move on. I've missed the boat myself more than once, trying to make a decision while somebody else is sending in their money. Life goes on. There are usually more opportunities to buy herps later.

Regarding:
Quote:
Originally Posted by WHYTEARK View Post
Some else called next and just said ill take them and paypaled me right away like its supposed to work...
I personally disagree with this statement, which suggests that buyers should be expected not to ask questions. I ask a lot of questions when I am buying herps, just as I might when making any other purchase. However I sometimes detect an attitude of impatience from sellers that suggests they would rather I forgo the questions, and just send the money. This can create a negative atmosphere that, even if a transaction is completed, may lead to later dissatisfaction with the purchase. Nobody has such great animals that I'm not going to ask questions.

Regarding the insulting rant:
If one is going to be in business, then one needs to develop a thick skin. There are going to be upset customers, rightfully and not. No matter how much they may tick you off, losing your cool and insulting them is not the professional choice. For some reason, this type of dialogue between buyers and sellers appears to be fairly common in the herp business, and quite rare almost everyplace else. In most non-herp businesses, a rant like this would have gotten the employee fired, or at least severely reprimanded. Self-employed business owners should hold themselves to a higher standard, not a lesser one. In any event, the OP's mild snarkiness didn't remotely warrant this type of response.

Old 02-12-2018, 10:34 PM   #26
CMB Reptiles
I don’t know Whyteark very well but, I think he regrets his actions by what he has written. I know from others he is a respectable and knowledgeable reptile veteran. For someone who has been in the business for as long as he as, it may be particularly disagreeable to have to deal with any push backs on what may be perceived as a simple matter. Even more so if you happened to catch him In a bad day. It’s hard to absorb but some insults perceived as homophobic are cast as just a generalized insult. I seriously doubt Whyteark had any true knowledge of the Ops actual sexual orientation. He made a mistake in poor taste.

https://youtu.be/gQDqRlMeJ4U

Old 02-12-2018, 10:39 PM   #27
tlmoon
The bad guy post was uncalled for on the gecko already being sold. That's just the way it works and unless you confirm you are buying and send the funds, someone else may come along.

Unfortunately that rant by Mitch looks pretty bad on him -obviously not a good way to handle an annoying buyer.

Old 02-12-2018, 10:41 PM   #28
BlueCrowned
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMB Reptiles View Post
I don’t know Whyteark very well but, I think he regrets his actions by what he has written. I know from others he is a respectable and knowledgeable reptile veteran. For someone who has been in the business for as long as he as, it may be particularly disagreeable to have to deal with any push backs on what may be perceived as a simple matter. Even more so if you happened to catch him In a bad day. It’s hard to absorb but some insults perceived as homophobic are cast as just a generalized insult. I seriously doubt Whyteark had any true knowledge of the Ops actual sexual orientation. He made a mistake in poor taste.

https://youtu.be/gQDqRlMeJ4U
It doesn't matter what their orientation is, using "him sissy" (the latter being a slur for feminine gay boys) as an insult implies that you think homosexual people are bad, similarly to calling someone an n word regardless of their race.

Old 02-12-2018, 10:42 PM   #29
BlueCrowned
Homo* phone autocorrect sorry

Old 02-12-2018, 10:43 PM   #30
CMB Reptiles
I don’t know, I’ll have to check your claim “him sissy” is directed only to feminine gay boys. Please also define “feminine gay boys” you are the first to drop the term.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!