Re-org of site layout? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 04-08-2006, 06:47 PM   #1
molurusbreedingcente
Re-org of site layout?

Not complaining just wondering if any plans are to eventually re-organize the way faunaclassifieds is layed out?

I am and "Ex" "addicted" Kingsnake.? user for many years and now BOYCOTTING the site with a large number of other ex-customers that spent their money building the site 20 years ago from our add revenue.

FaunaClassifieds site is great but a little less "user freindly" to find where you want to go. It could just be my early senility or other issues on my end that cause me to get lost in cyberspace but a section that just takes you to the Forums and another that takes you straight to the "current adds" would make it clean and easy. I am aware that one section of adds is going away I believe because the link contains old adds without the photo.

A penny for your thoughts : I'd spend more but my "sudden" refund from Kingsnake was not large enough!

Could we see a show of hands of herpers now making their home here on FaunaClassifieds that have had their posting privledges suspended due to on the aforementioned kingsnake site.

cheers
wlamore

Old 04-08-2006, 09:21 PM   #2
WebSlave
First off, tell me where you are starting from and how many mouse clicks it takes you to get where ever you need to go.

Secondly, try the site on for size for a while to make sure that it's simply not a case of old habits over riding your desire to learn new ones. Different isn't necessarily worse nor better then what you are used to. It is just "different" and has a learning curve attached.

BTW, I moved this from the Indigo Snake Discussion forum because that really was not the appropriate area for this sort of topic to be posted.

Old 04-08-2006, 10:23 PM   #3
molurusbreedingcente
Where is the proper place to post it?

Rich,

Would it be better to post it under the BOI and attach a name to it or put it in some other category?

Bill Lamoreaux

Old 04-08-2006, 10:30 PM   #4
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by molurusbreedingcente
Rich,

Would it be better to post it under the BOI and attach a name to it or put it in some other category?

Bill Lamoreaux
Uh, you may want to notice that I have already moved it...

Old 04-08-2006, 11:29 PM   #5
molurusbreedingcente
Got ya, keep up the good work, I still liked getting the Faunaclassifieds in the mail years ago. Computers are quick but impersonal.

great place to sell snakes.

Changed my email address so I can keep the molurusbreedingcenter and kill to birds with 1 stone so to speak.

To bad herping has changed for the better in 30 years but also has changed for the worse with some of the people it is attracting. I only have time to check the forums out once in awhile, sale adds a little more often. Finding my way around easier now on the site.

Cheers
Bill Lamoreaux

Old 04-09-2006, 09:47 PM   #6
thesnakeman
Bill,
Stick around. You'll be glad you did. FYI, the whole reason this forum exists, is because kingsuck,com kicked me out because I gave them hell about unfair censorship practices. And so I came here, and asked Rich if we could start a new indigo forum,...and he was kind enough to oblige. So you aren't alone. Thanks to kingsuck for kicking me out, and making me angry. All this exists because they were jerks. Karma rocks!
T.

Old 04-09-2006, 11:03 PM   #7
Dennis Hultman
The forums index page is the easiest way to learn your way around the site.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/index.php?

Old 04-09-2006, 11:26 PM   #8
reptilebreeder
Bill,
I also started hanging out here after much disillusionment (?) from the other site. At first I felt kind of akward here, but it goes away. Once you log on, the classifieds are one click away, as is the "forums" link page, or whatever you want to call it. I've found the best way to keep up is to click on the "new posts" button. That is best though only if you are able to log in once a day or so, as it only will go back 100 posts.
I was so use to the forum format at the other site, that I thought this one kinda sucked, but now I wouldn't go back to the other type of forum posts if you paid me. I like how you click on the thread and all the posts are there in chronological order. The other site you click on a reply, and it sometimes has it's own replies, and some of them, their own replies. Next thing you know you can't tell where the heck you were, or if you missed any disjointed replies in the thread.

Old 04-10-2006, 03:01 PM   #9
Wraith
Quote:
Originally Posted by molurusbreedingcente
I am and "Ex" "addicted" Kingsnake.? user for many years and now BOYCOTTING the site with a large number of other ex-customers that spent their money building the site 20 years ago from our add revenue.

Boycotting???? Man come on and admit it. You got yourself kicked out for breaking their rules and you did it in a way that got you kicked out pretty damn fast too. I wonder how many people reported you for spamming several forums with warnings about someone else? AND you did it under not one but TWO different names.

Quote:
Using pethobbyist.com to post warnings or notices about other persons or businesses, whether a pethobbyist.com classified vendor or not, is a violation and may be grounds for immediate termination of your account.
and

Quote:
Posting the same message to more than 4 forums/message boards (cross posting, spamming) is considered advertising and will be removed, unless done with the permission (obtained in advance) of pethobbyist.com staff. Large scale or repeated spamming efforts are immediate grounds for termination of your account.
Can you REALLY blame KS for showing you the door after such blatant disregards of their clearly stated policies? Everyone knows KS doesn't tolerate that kind of behavior.

Adrian

Old 04-10-2006, 08:49 PM   #10
thesnakeman
Wraith,
Here we go with the personal attacks. Bummer. I don't know about the individual circumstances surrounding that incident. But I can speak from personal experience as to how they screwed me. And yes I would describe my personal activity with kingsuck,com as a boycot. They are done with me, and I'm done with them. And that's fine. I think their policies, and the way they enforce them are pretty messed up. And I really can't blame anyone for not reading, understanding, or abiding by their t.o.s. Unless of course you are a lawyer. I'm not. They kicked me out too. It's a long story, but basically, I let them know what I thought of their unfair censorship practices. Then they, got rude, and really disrespectful with me. Then I got really rude and disrespectful with them, and the rest is history. Big deal

"Everyone knows KS doesn't tolerate that kind of behavior." ...They don't tolerate anything, much like communists, taliban, or Nazis.

"Can you REALLY blame KS for showing you the door after such blatant disregards of their clearly stated policies?" Not so much that, but the way they do it. And the fact that some of those policies are a little ridiculous.

Look pal, we don't like kingsuck,com We don't have to. And we don't have to post there, read there, or have anything to do with that place. We have a perfectly good place right here. And we don't care if you go there, and come here, or not. Unless you come here just to stir up a stink. If that's all you came here for, then please go away. Don't go away mad,...just go away. Life is good here. We don't need any kingsuck sympathizers coming over here blowing their horn for them. And I'm sure that the folks at kingsuck,com don't need you blowing their horn for them either. So please, please please, don't. Just don't.

There,...now that was already a better response than you would have recieved over at kingsuck,com. Over there, your post would have been identified as inflamitory, and it would have simply disapeered with no warning , explanation or apology whatsoever. Then if you were to ask about it, they would have been rude and disrespectful to you, and they would automatically aply a higher level of scrutiny to everything you post from that point on. Here, you won't be put on the s**t list just yet. You are welcome to hang around, but not if you just want to start a fight. Okeedokee? Good luck, and good will,
T.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!