Inquiry PVC cages.com - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-07-2017, 12:04 PM   #11
Mike Schultz
I use a 3x2x2 PVCcages.com enclosure for an amazon basin emerald. The cage is maybe 5 years old and holding up well. The only drawback is the material is kind of thin so not the absolute best at maintaining heat. But this is a compromise as the thin material also means the enclosure is very lightweight, which is a good thing to me.

Old 01-07-2017, 08:48 PM   #12
Insomniac101
Quote:
Originally Posted by machogrande View Post
Thanks for the reply. When you say "decent cages for the money," what exactly do you mean? What are the drawbacks?
Kirby, sorry for the late reply, and I should have elaborated. As Mike says in a later reply, the enclosure material is thinner than some other brands, so heat retention may be reduced. I keep my snake room at 80 degrees, so that wasn't an issue for me. I also like that they are lightweight, so I can easily move them by myself.

They aren't available in white, so when I upgraded my enclosures, I had to buy from another manufacturer.

Kathy

Old 01-07-2017, 08:49 PM   #13
machogrande
Thank you

Old 01-08-2017, 11:25 PM   #14
lillyorchid
They are good cages!

Old 01-09-2017, 12:15 AM   #15
cheflavor
I just bought two female ackies from them at the reptile show, great people!

Old 01-09-2017, 01:05 PM   #16
reptileexperts
Jim does good work. To add to what others have stated - I have been using them for just about 6 years now, and they still are holding up fine with no warping or any other kind of issues. I am not a fan of the PVC thickness used - it does not act well as an insulator. Since PVC I moved to visions and further have moved to Animal Plastics at the moment. I still use all the above mentioned, but Animal Plastics just feels more trust worthy for me, and when you're keeping venomous, you need to trust the security of it.

Old 01-09-2017, 01:44 PM   #17
machogrande
Cool. Thanks guys.

Old 03-19-2018, 01:17 PM   #18
kudzu
Bought my first plastic cage a few months ago from PVC Cages. It is of good quality, was very easy to assemble and is performing quite well. As a result, I just bought a second cage from him. It reminded me of few things, like how carefully the cage was packaged for shipping. The assembly instructions are very good which is why assembly is easy.

Have not used plastic cages from any other vendors so I cannot compare, but the panel thickness of my cages seems very good. It holds in the heat better than I'd expected, even on the cage with the large sliding glass doors. For me, these have been a very good value and am quite pleased with the purchases.

Old 03-27-2018, 06:01 PM   #19
Zsteph
pvccages.com is a great place to buy from. Perfectly packed and labelled. Got mine in about 3 weeks from the time I ordered (would have been quicker but it was during a winter storm and was delayed by fedex)

They are not as thick as reptile basics or animal plastics but it doesn't lessen the quality or ability to hold heat at all. I highly recommend them for arboreal snakes.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!