Inquiry Randy Betz, rbetz-Tortstork Tortoise Eggs - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-31-2018, 10:27 AM   #21
rbetz-Tortstork
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Merlin View Post
Dude, you just can't help yourself can you? "Barking up the wrong tree?" I never said that you had to have a million dollar company to get a patent. What I said is that if you ever want to defend that patent against someone who is infringing you better have a ton of money in the bank to pay the lawyers.......over a dozen current family members are lawyers so you might wanna rethink arguing points of law with me. I also never said or insinuated that you have shipped or sold unhealthy animals, I was offering simple advice on how to compete with larger breeders. I guess you did not read the part of the post that talked about the reptile community being small and word spreading quickly about good and bad dealings......personally, I consider your communication so far as "fraught with red flags." You might wanna try having an, "attitude of gratitude."
You’re right, I can’t help myself. I don’t need to explain myself, or who I am when it comes to my profession. The best thing for me to do is stop replying. I’m too emotionally tied to tortstork to read anything Negative about it. So I read something, and just assume it’s a negative tone and feel the need to respond. I have to let it go. This will be my last response on this thread. It is what it is. If you think I’m covered in red flags, there is nothing I can do to change your mind. I’m confident in safely shipping tortoise eggs and them successfully hatching. Come visit me on Instagram. Maybe one day your mind will change. To all other people who I’ve offended in this thread, I apologize.

https://www.instagram.com/tort.stork/

Old 03-31-2018, 10:47 AM   #22
GardenStateTortoise
It works. Plain and simple. In the beginning I was skeptical being a chelonian assurance facility/breeder and conservationist myself, but I decided to try this purely out of my own curiosity. It actually worked flawlessly based on how Mr. Betz shipped the eggs and given the fact that tortoise eggs can be jumbled and turned quite a bit for several days after being laid. Once settled in an appropriate incubation medium/temperature/humidity setting, the eggs chalked and developed. They hatched without issue. This was accomplished with Russian and Asia Minor tortoises. I can’t say I’m all that surprised though. Dealing with eggs on a daily basis here, we’ve come to the realization that they are not all that sensitive until development is initiated. On top of this, we run a Diamondback terrapin nesting project through the NJ division of fish and wildlife where we are constantly transporting eggs throughout the season from danger zones into safe areas and artificial incubation. The eggs all handle the transport just fine.

This is merely my experience with this, take it however you choose to.

Old 03-31-2018, 11:08 AM   #23
Magic Merlin
Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenStateTortoise View Post
The eggs all handle the transport just fine.
I would assume that your transport method is at the very least keeping the eggs in an upright position.......I think most people have seen the youtube videos of delivery drivers carelessly handling packages and throwing them around because they are in a hurry. By the way, if I win the lottery expect to see my ugly mug with a check.

Old 04-01-2018, 10:12 AM   #24
nickolasanastasiou
One can easily and inexpensively (sometimes for under two dollars per unit) procure products like the Tip-N-Tell and TiltWatch (and likely others). Or make a tube with dyed water in a bottom reservoir and white cotton on the top if deciding on a homemade solution. There is a lot of prior art. Accelerometers could also be used, but the expense would increase for the components.

Eggs can be shipped. It is a gamble. Some customers may be willing to trade the gamble of getting (effectively) nothing for the potential of getting the full incubation and hatching experience. An advantage I did not see mentioned is that the customer, assuming the egg arrives safely and fertile/viable, has the ability to customize TSD of the embryo (assuming they know how to accurately do so and want to).

Old 04-01-2018, 08:02 PM   #25
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCCS View Post
OK, I'm not normally on the Lucille level of paranoia.
You seem to be in the wrong field. Real psychologists don't go around using those words like little toddlers, in a meaningless and accusatory manner.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!