Bad Guy Nick Pearson - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-09-2015, 02:16 AM   #11
Jllp272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasodama View Post
and ditto. Poor critters.

You could also try some RescueCal+.

Do you have a location, or contact info, for Nick Pearson?

----
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake-Queen View Post
Those poor animals!

I hate to say it, but with the extent of the baby's mbd, it's quality of life will be very decreased. I am surprised the vet did not recommend euthanizing; I would recommend you do so.

Feed everyone high calcium, high mineral diets, rich in proteins.
I'm very surprised to read that you would recommend euthanizing so fast with out even trying. I'm also glad that I never considered that as an option. Just because he will always be small or because he may occasionally need help doesn't mean his quality of life is any less. He is an amazing little guy and if I get 1 year or 10 years with him I will be glad to have gotten that time.

Old 04-09-2015, 03:29 AM   #12
Pasodama
Not sure why my post is quoted along with the other post that recommended euthanasia (since I did not).
Regardless, I am glad you did not choose that option.
Also, it is really nice to see that the geckos are improving.

Old 04-09-2015, 09:08 AM   #13
Jllp272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasodama View Post
Not sure why my post is quoted along with the other post that recommended euthanasia (since I did not).
Regardless, I am glad you did not choose that option.
Also, it is really nice to see that the geckos are improving.
Thank you! And I'm not sure either, nor am I sure how to fix it. It took me awhile to figure out how to get the posts attached to start.

Old 04-09-2015, 11:17 AM   #14
SeamuSnake
Wow they look so much better already.
Those are very lucky reptiles to find someone to care for them the way you do.
Thank you for the update!

Old 04-12-2015, 08:49 PM   #15
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jllp272 View Post
I'm very surprised to read that you would recommend euthanizing so fast with out even trying. I'm also glad that I never considered that as an option. Just because he will always be small or because he may occasionally need help doesn't mean his quality of life is any less. He is an amazing little guy and if I get 1 year or 10 years with him I will be glad to have gotten that time.
I am glad he is doing fine for you.

My recommendation was made on years of experience and the quality of life most animals with severe MBD suffer through.

Old 04-13-2015, 05:42 PM   #16
Jllp272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake-Queen View Post
I am glad he is doing fine for you.

My recommendation was made on years of experience and the quality of life most animals with severe MBD suffer through.
Thank you. I'm sure he will never be perfect. And I am sure in most cases that would be the correct advice. We had a vet follow up who said his tendons and muscles where there is no bone have harden from the amount he is using his legs and that all of his bones except his lower jaw and front legs have harden from last month. Hopefully he will continue on this road and live a semi normal life, if not then I will cross that path when it happens.

Old 04-15-2015, 11:59 AM   #17
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jllp272 View Post
Thank you. I'm sure he will never be perfect. And I am sure in most cases that would be the correct advice. We had a vet follow up who said his tendons and muscles where there is no bone have harden from the amount he is using his legs and that all of his bones except his lower jaw and front legs have harden from last month. Hopefully he will continue on this road and live a semi normal life, if not then I will cross that path when it happens.
I hope he will continue to improve. I am glad he is with you.
Warms my heart.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!