Bad Guy Kevin Patrick - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-10-2015, 12:22 AM   #11
45lcrevolver
You are correct in certain aspects.

Are you able to show that the snake is, indeed, a male?
I could prove him and take a pic?

I contacted him the same days shipment and no response as of date.

I told the PayPal person that I wanted what I bought or a full refund. I also told him that I was more than willing to ship the snake back at the sellers cost after I was issued a refund or given the correct sex snake.

I wouldn't say he scammed me since I did receive the snake. What I am saying is that if you are intentionally sending a male but asking female prices and advertising as a female for a larger profit, then that is ill intent. I would think that any breeder or legit snake enthusiast would make sure that what he/she is selling is described properly and accurately. now if there was no ill intent then why hasn't he gotten back with me yet? He always emailed me back within reasonable time after I sent him an email?

http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?de=1095935

Old 04-10-2015, 12:23 AM   #12
45lcrevolver
I don't see an edit button but I met probe the snake

Old 04-10-2015, 12:41 AM   #13
Pasodama
A photo would work if it can depict the depth of the probe. With a photo, popping the snake works best.

I agree that it is worrisome if a seller never responds after a sale &/or after shipping.
When did you receive the snake?

Old 04-10-2015, 12:51 AM   #14
45lcrevolver
I got the snake yesterday. At around 10am. I don't know how to pop adult snakes. Babies are easier than adults. I use probes. I will try to get a good pic as soon as I can.

Old 04-10-2015, 12:55 AM   #15
45lcrevolver
Here is a pic a shot when I saw the incident. You can see who is on top! The grater one is my proven female. And the creamier one is the suppose female that turned out to be male.

Old 04-10-2015, 01:18 AM   #16
Pasodama
While the Ad has been removed, I did get a couple of screenshots that shows Kevin Patrick selling (or was selling) an alleged 2011 female Thayeri.
Attached Images

Old 04-10-2015, 03:02 AM   #17
Helenthereef
It's pretty clear he was advertising a female, and that is no girl-on-girl behaviour...

I agree that the judgement now is on how the seller conducts himself - if it was an honest mistake you'd expect him to make it right. If not...... hope PayPal does the right thing.

Old 04-10-2015, 08:30 AM   #18
allreptiles1966
[quote=45lcrevolver;1811529]How would of that fixed my issue????

You guys are missing the point. This isn't a husbandry section, is it?[/QUOTE

Isn't funny how some want to turn it into a bad quarantine practice ad!

Off topic for sure,right from the get.

Old 04-10-2015, 04:40 PM   #19
brodie691
I am so glad I found this thread...
Kevin just did the exact same thing to me.
I purchased what I thought was an adult (advertised as such on kingsnake.com) female Candycane Corn, and Female Butter Stripe. Turns out, both are male.
I'd have NEVER bought the Candycane or Butter stripes had I known they were male, I simply don't need them. I was going to use the adult Candycane as a project with a Tessera Bloodred male I have. I placed them together, and they started sparring... Interesting I thought, and I didn't have my probes around. So... In an effort to figure out with 100% Certainty, I placed the Candycane in with an adult butter Motley I had, and sure enough, within minutes, they were breeding.
I too have filed a dispute with paypal.
Kevin was advertising animals, saying he was selling off some of his collection due to new work constraints, or something to that effect.
I've e:mailed him numerous times and he just won't respond.

Here are some pictures of the Candycane (MALE) "Female" he sent me, with a proven Butter Motley that came from Don Soderberg.
Attached Images

Old 04-10-2015, 05:42 PM   #20
45lcrevolver
Man that's awful!!! What this guy is doing is advertising them as females because he knows that males don't move as quickly. It's all part of his scheme. That's why these BOI are important, it will help prevent other people from becoming victims.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!