Bad Guy Scaredy Cat Geckos and Pokey's Geckos - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-12-2015, 12:21 AM   #1
nikko49
Scaredy Cat Geckos and Pokey's Geckos

Do NOT buy from Dale at POKEYS GECKOS.
Or Ashley from Scaredy Cat Geckos THIS WEEKEND at the COSTA MESA PET EXPO.
Story below...
I purchased a female crested from Ashley on Friday at the pet expo. Before I even drove home it was dead. I went back to the show but Ashley was gone. Her booth - mate and friend Dale from POKEYS GECKOS was there and I asked him if he could call her and ask her if I could maybe exchange or return for my money back.
Dale was short, rude, and assured me he had NO IDEA who his booth mate Ashley was.
After talking to several vendors about him. I confronted him about lying about knowing Ashley from Scaredy Cat Geckos. He called her and she agreed to exchange it. After talking with her via text she agreed to show me 10 females similar to the one I bought the next day....she showed me 2....With floppy tail. Foolishly I didn't see the floppy tail until it was too late.
Dale lied, he was snippy, and rude. Ashley sold me a possibly sick gecko and replaced it with one with floppy tail. I will never purchase from POKEYS Geckos or Scaredy Cat geckos ever again. Ashley atleast has customer service skills and was willing to help me.
Dale however was rude, unwilling to help. And I called him out on his lie to his face and after that he didn't even make eye contact.
Also according to weather.com it was degrees in Costa Mesa Friday April 10th when I made this purchase. So there is no way that I cooked the gecko in the car ride home. I had 2 geckos. 1 made it, and I had the windows down the whole time
Terrible experience at the Pet expo.
DO NOT PURCHASE FROM POKEYS GECKOS OR SCAREDY CAT GECKOS.
They do not have good business ethics or healthy geckos...
Attached Images

Old 04-12-2015, 12:22 AM   #2
nikko49
Quick note. The gecko in the deli dish was the 1st purchase. It is dead in the picture

Old 04-12-2015, 12:44 AM   #3
nikko49
The weather in Costa Mesa was in the low 70's all weekend from Friday April 10th when I purchased the gecko until Sunday April 12th

Old 04-12-2015, 02:08 AM   #4
pei8147
First, Dale had no business transaction with you so I see no reason for him to be apart of this BOI.

If she offered to bring 10 females to show you and only brought a couple, You had every right to stop everything right there and request she actually bring the # promised for you to pick from. This show goes through Sunday so she probably could have brought them today.

However, you took one of the replacements that she offered. You made the decision to accept what was offered. She took care of the customer.

The female you got as a replacement looks like it was actually a higher valued animal than your original female.

On a side note, I've personally done several business transactions with Ashley @ Scaredy Cat Geckos over the last few years. She has always went above the call of duty to make sure I was happy with my geckos.

Will

Old 04-12-2015, 02:11 AM   #5
pei8147
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikko49 View Post
The weather in Costa Mesa was in the low 70's all weekend from Friday April 10th when I purchased the gecko until Sunday April 12th
Did you have the geckos with you the entire time before you got them home? Were they left in a car at anytime? On your trip home, were they in an air conditioned car or any type of cooler to maintain the 70 or cooler temps needed?

Will

Old 04-12-2015, 02:45 AM   #6
M2788
Quote:
Originally Posted by pei8147 View Post
First, Dale had no business transaction with you so I see no reason for him to be apart of this BOI.
Agreed. I have never purchased anything from Ashley so couldn't give a comment on her animals, but I acquired a juvenile Gargoyle gecko from Dale a couple weeks ago from a charity auction. He was courteous, asked me questions to make sure I had Gargoyle/reptile experience, was extremely quick to respond to all messages, answered all of my own questions and even was kind enough to cover shipping out of his own pocket.

My gecko arrived healthy as described and has been eating and thriving. Dale has even messaged since then to check up on the little guy. That says a very caring breeder to me and I will happily recommend him and purchase more geckos from him in the future.

Old 04-12-2015, 02:58 AM   #7
ScaredyCatAsh
I am off to bed here in a minute, but thought that I would come on here and write my side of the story.

Joshua purchased the gecko from me on Friday and I had to leave the show early I wasn't feeling too well and wanted to beat traffic on the way home. So I was no longer at the show, but from what I have been told this is what happened.

Joshua had come back to our table with the gecko and demanded Dale call me and he refused saying he didn't have my information. Whether or not this was to protect my privacy or not, Joshua could have messaged me or emailed me and I would have responded right as I had a moment specially seeing a gecko had died that was just purchased that day. (Joshua did message me on FB but didn't give me any time to respond before going to the show and talking to Dale)

I don't know exactly how Joshua handled the situation between Dale and himself since I wasn't there, but Dale did call me and told me what had happened as well as mentioning the gecko was very warm to the touch along with the deli cup being warm.

This animal was between 10-15g there is no way that it was taken home and just died. I have had the gecko for 6-8 months being fed and grown completely fine with a healthy happy appetite. This gecko was on my site for sale for a few weeks before the show and was completely fine. It was packaged Thursday night and sold Friday afternoon.

After finally getting in touch with Joshua I had told him through a message that I would bring him 10 geckos to choose from thinking that maybe he would like to see some other gecko types that I had to offer in terms of color and pattern. I had remembered there was a red and cream pinstripe on my table he might like that was priced $100 more than the gecko he purchased. I called him and told him to go to my table and look. He refused because it wasn't 100% a female. On the PHONE I asked him... for the 10 geckos that I bring is it ok if they aren't red and cream. He again refused that he only wanted red and cream geckos. I brought the only red and creams I had and I told him on the phone that I would bring the best representing red and cream guaranteed females I could find.

I brought 2 red and cream females Saturday morning for him to look at. The two geckos I had brought were well worth more than $200 and bigger than the female he had purchased. Trying to make things right I didn't care that they worth more I just wanted to make the customer happy. When I packaged the two I didn't pay attention to the FTS that the Harley displayed I honestly was running late to the show and grabbed the two best geckos I had that were red and cream females.

At the show he came and picked the gecko he picked. I didn't force him to take her or push it on him. He picked up both deli cups and picked that female. If he had an issue with her he could have told me I would have even picked it up or paid to have him ship her back and give him the other female or could wait to pick another gecko he was more satisfied with.

I strive to produced, keep and breed the healthiest geckos that I can. I stay up late to make sure my geckos are fed and watered. I invite anyone to come see my gecko setups and husbandry as I am proud at how well I have managed to keep up with my colony alone. To be told and heard that my geckos are not kept correctly or healthy is a slap in the face when I spend a majority of my life in my gecko room. Sometimes geckos get FTS every breeder has experienced this, doesn't mean my geckos are unhealthy.

Sorry if I rambled a bit this is my first BOI I have ever had to respond to and I'm trying to cover the facts best as I can.

Old 04-12-2015, 03:16 AM   #8
Iggster
A gecko in a clear deli cup could easily overheat in a matter of minutes if sun rays were hitting it directly...even in 70 degree weather. It sounds like Ashley went above and beyond to make her customer happy. Did you contact her after your discovery of the FTS?

I had the pleasure of dealing with Dale and Ashley at the Sacramento show last year and they were both polite, knowledgeable, and enthusiastic. My 2 gorgeous acquisitions from them are healthy and growing vigorously. All in all, they were a delight to do business with and I wouldn't hesitate to purchase from either of them again.

Old 04-12-2015, 05:36 AM   #9
nikko49
The weather was 68 degrees that day, and of course they were not keft in my car. And dale is apart ofnthis BOI for being rude and also b k atantlymlying to my face, it was probably dehrydrated from being left there in its deli cup overnight which Dale also told me is a regular practice they do. Covering the geckos after the show with a blanket and leaving them there. Which again, was told to me by Dale.

Old 04-12-2015, 05:45 AM   #10
seanleigh
Clear deli cups overheat EXTREMELY fast in direct sunlight no matter how hot/cold the outside temperature is. It basically turns the deli cups into a gecko sauna, which can obviously kill the gecko inside. If the gecko wasn't acting sick/lethargic at the show when you first purchased her, so it's unlikely the gecko passed away from anything the seller did (I'm not accusing the buyer of killing the gecko either though).

Although Dale might have been short or rude with you, he shouldn't be a part of this BOI since no transaction took place with him.

Ashley handled the situation extremely well, and if you turned down the 10 geckos she would've brought you (even if they weren't red and cream) that isn't her fault. She still brought you 2 different geckos to choose from, and the one you ended up choosing is actually nicer than the one you originally bought. You were the one that chose the replacement gecko and if you didn't like the 2 she brought you, you could've asked for a refund. I will admit it would've gone better if Ashley told you about the FTS, but overall Ashley did everything right and you actually got a better gecko out of it.

And hey, if you're really that upset with the situation, I'll happily pay you the $200 plus shipping for the gecko you ended up getting as a replacement.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!