Is Stubs a boy? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Cornsnakes & Ratsnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-29-2016, 01:07 PM   #1
AbsoluteApril
Is Stubs a boy?

Hello,

Short while ago I took in this snow corn from a friend of a co-worker, they didn't want him anymore. He was missing a good chunk of his tail so I named him Stubs McGee. At least I think it's a 'he'. Here's a tail shot, what do you think? Does Stubs look like a boy to you?

thanks for the feedback and help!
-April
Attached Images

Old 07-01-2016, 12:05 AM   #2
LoquaciousLaura
First of all, awesome snake name. Second of all, it's difficult to tell by appearance alone, but I would say he *seems* like he could be male. Males have that section past the cloaca for the hemipenes before the tail begins to taper, and it does look like Stubs may have that. I'd recommend scale counting on the next shed, except since he's missing some of his tail, the count will be off.

Good on your for taking him(?) in!

Old 07-05-2016, 01:37 PM   #3
AbsoluteApril
Thanks Laura.

Brought him into the home (separate room from the snake room) about 4 months ago. Suddenly my 15yr old virgin female corn decided to lay a clutch of infertile eggs for the very first time. 13 of them. Holy smokes, that was unexpected.

Silly corn snakes!

Old 06-13-2017, 01:03 PM   #4
AbsoluteApril
And once again, my female Garnet, still having no interaction with Stubs besides being in the same room, decided to lay 11 infertile eggs.
:/

Old 07-11-2017, 06:28 PM   #5
Magic
Garnet is trying to get something across to her owner. Like send her a message.

I wonder what that message might be!??

Old 07-11-2017, 07:34 PM   #6
AbsoluteApril
haha The hussy!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!