Bad Guy Buddy Young - Designer Boas - BAD DEAL - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-07-2016, 05:51 PM   #11
tlmoon
I think you both got upset about this and perhaps you both need to take a step back and cool down. Shipping a snake in summer, there could always be a temp issue. So needing to wait a few weeks doesn't seem like that big of a deal...? Am I missing something here? I understand that you thought the shipping date was set, however he said early on that would be "my next shipping date". To me that means, IF you buy the snake and IF we get everything settled, that is the next day I am shipping. Since he had to remind you to pay him two days later, he may not have scheduled shipping this particular snake on his next shipping day. You paid right away at that point it looks like, no I'm not criticizing you. However, now it's the end of the week and he's going to feed the snake and she's in shed. Is another week or two really such a problem in this instance? However, the seller doesn't show himself well by being kind of jerk about how he is going to win the paypal and keep your money.

I'm also wondering, did the seller actually email you and your spam folder got them, or are you saying he never emailed you but is lying about that?

In my opinion the OP could have shown a bit more flexibility, but the seller could have shown more restraint in his responses and a less flippant attitude about the whole thing.
This doesn't seem like a scammer issue. More like two people with a short fuse getting off on the wrong foot.

Old 07-07-2016, 05:55 PM   #12
bcr229
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlmoon View Post
I think you both got upset about this and perhaps you both need to take a step back and cool down. Shipping a snake in summer, there could always be a temp issue. So needing to wait a few weeks doesn't seem like that big of a deal...? Am I missing something here? I understand that you thought the shipping date was set, however he said early on that would be "my next shipping date". To me that means, IF you buy the snake and IF we get everything settled, that is the next day I am shipping. Since he had to remind you to pay him two days later, he may not have scheduled shipping this particular snake on his next shipping day. You paid right away at that point it looks like, no I'm not criticizing you. However, now it's the end of the week and he's going to feed the snake and she's in shed. Is another week or two really such a problem in this instance? However, the seller doesn't show himself well by being kind of jerk about how he is going to win the paypal and keep your money.

I'm also wondering, did the seller actually email you and your spam folder got them, or are you saying he never emailed you but is lying about that?

In my opinion the OP could have shown a bit more flexibility, but the seller could have shown more restraint in his responses and a less flippant attitude about the whole thing.
This doesn't seem like a scammer issue. More like two people with a short fuse getting off on the wrong foot.
I agree. I've also been in situations where either the seller or I had to wave off shipping for a variety of reasons - weather, holidays, work commitments, etc. One critter I purchased took four months to ship due to abnormally cold temperatures one year. Both of us recognized that the health of the animal came first and we remained flexible on the ship date.

Old 07-07-2016, 06:03 PM   #13
713Jason
In regards to the snake - unfortunately, I'm over it and him. At this point its not even about the money or the snake; it's about being mislead and then told to take it because I have no other option.

I had this and my other deliveries scheduled while I was still in town. From there everything goes in QT where my snake sitter can slide by every few days to check up and feed when applicable.

Yes, delivery was everything in this or I wouldn't have purchased. I have an odd schedule in that I am here today gone tomorrow. I know when and where I am going to be but I live a VERY scheduled life.

No, the seller never responded to my emails. I have zero spam filters due to the fact that a lot of new business comes through initially via contact through email channels. I keep these open due to not wanting to miss any possible leads/projects or problems clients may have.

I totally agree that we got off on wring foot. I even say so in the text to him but he just keeps on with the "Im going to win crap".

Old 07-07-2016, 06:26 PM   #14
713Jason
I asked on a Wednesday if it was available and paid the following day.

I totally agree that we were both hot headed. At this point, I want nothing from him other than a refund.

Old 07-07-2016, 06:40 PM   #15
dmanturner
Thumbs up

Hi my name is Daniel Turner I have been a friend with a buddy young for some time now I bought a Sunglow hit and run from him it was a very nice snake it came when it was supposed to looks very nice packages well

Buddy even let you make payment plans if you talk to him on the phone and tell him that you're having a bad time and need some help maybe a week or two extra to make your last payment he's an understandable guy you work with you

If you go drive out of town on some crazy event and buy some cheap boa have I know that you know you're not supposed to because of what it could do to the rest of your collection he's the one that you can call when you need assistance and help to get your boa in good health

Buddy young will always be my good friend hope you have some good deals and some good breeding with him he has really nice snakes

Old 07-07-2016, 08:15 PM   #16
Craig Wyatt
I'm always a bit suspicious when someone post a good guy type reply on a bad guy type thread and they just joined fauna. Could be legit though. But we have all seen this exact same thing a 1000 times though.
Someone with good experience shipping can do it in freezing cold weather and blazing hot weather. It all starts with a quality styro lined box and the appropriate heat or cold packs. Plus preparing the animal itself. Like no heat on the animal in its cage of any sorts the day shipping takes place. Plus there's a couple more really good tricks.
When he intially agreed to ship after the holiday what was excuse for having to wait 2 weeks. If I read everything correctly looks like he baited you into paying right then because someone else was "interested".
Just to give you some useful knowledge that is a selling tactic. But sometimes it is true. I'll tell you this. For every 10 people that are interested I might make 4 sales.
He baited you into what was an agreeable situation then flipped on you after he had the money (POWER).

Old 07-07-2016, 09:18 PM   #17
spinytail
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
Jason, Had the snake been shipped to you when you thought, you would have to have been planning to hire a caretaker for her while you were in the desert for a month.
Why not plan the shipment and have the caretaker pick her up, see if you can arrange that with your seller.
I do not like how your seller has handled Paypal, but at least you were wise enough not to choose the 'friends and family' payment method.
If the snake does not get shipped successfully you can always start a Paypal claim, but for now, why not work toward getting her shipped?
Getting a snake, checking it over then setting up a quarantine would have to happen in my care. I would trust someone to feed a snake, but never to sit around waiting for a package, then properly determine its health and then it's needs based on this inspection. Also if it comes in unsatisfactory conditions, I could not expect this caretaker to properly deal with the seller and/or legal photographs, mite treatment or hydration etc.

All of that sounds easy, but in practice I can see many reasons why you would never let a caretaker accept a shipment and in no way is comparable to feeding and/or changing water for a few weeks.

Old 07-07-2016, 10:04 PM   #18
Deborah Stewart
It amazes me that someone would jeopardize their reputation for $250 when it would be so simple to refund the money and move on.

Yes it's an inconvenience to refund money but has long as the animal has not shipped the money does not really belong to the seller anyway, it only does when the transaction is satisfactory.

Sometimes even with TOS you need to learn to bend them a little because the headaches of not doing so is just not worth it.

Old 07-07-2016, 10:22 PM   #19
tlmoon
Quote:
Originally Posted by 713Jason View Post
In regards to the snake - unfortunately, I'm over it and him. At this point its not even about the money or the snake; it's about being mislead and then told to take it because I have no other option.

I had this and my other deliveries scheduled while I was still in town. From there everything goes in QT where my snake sitter can slide by every few days to check up and feed when applicable.

Yes, delivery was everything in this or I wouldn't have purchased. I have an odd schedule in that I am here today gone tomorrow. I know when and where I am going to be but I live a VERY scheduled life.

No, the seller never responded to my emails. I have zero spam filters due to the fact that a lot of new business comes through initially via contact through email channels. I keep these open due to not wanting to miss any possible leads/projects or problems clients may have.

I totally agree that we got off on wring foot. I even say so in the text to him but he just keeps on with the "Im going to win crap".
Fair enough. The seller should do the right thing, which is also the common sense thing, and just refund your money. It's not worth trashing his reputation over.

I'm glad you didn't fall for the friends and family thing (no wonder he "always wins"!). I'm not sure that Paypal will agree he should keep your money when you never received any goods or services. Hopefully, you will get your money back.

Old 07-07-2016, 10:37 PM   #20
Amelanistic Orca
Anybody get Buddy a head's up on this, so he can come clear this up real quick.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!