Bad Guy Scammed by Andrew Michael Popp Las Vegas, NV - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-19-2017, 11:16 AM   #21
Dro B
Quote:
Originally Posted by calebroad View Post
Please see the attached picture of my flight itinerary that I have bought and paid for, I am flying to Vegas on Tuesday, where I will visit the pet store in person, I will fill out the civil papers against Scales N tails, and Andrew Popp.

Then at 10:30 (vegas time) I am able to meet with Judge Dorsey, I am going to ask her to issue warrants for Andrew Popps arrest, since I have overwhelming information.

Then, I am flying back to Atlanta and taking a connecting flight to Miami-Dade county, and renting a car. I will go to Miami Dade court, where I will do the same thing in regards to the last scam. - I have already spoken to a detective at length about this situation, and have been assured it would be handled if I show in person.

In the past, speaking of court and jail has caused me great criticism on the BOI. However, I am now scammed out of over $10,000.00 and the gloves are coming off.

With the itineraries paid for, it should prove that i am not blowing smoke. Even if these guys are not put in prison where they belong, they can fight a brutal legal battle with me, that may keep them from scamming another reptile enthusiast in the future. - only thing i know to do, to stop the brutal scams.
I applaud you for going this far scammers piss me off. If you can, I'd ask you to document as much of the process as possible, this is a first for me and I read a lot of boi threads. Too many people blow things for themselves by threatening legal action and once the scammer realizes the authorities won't do anything, they know theres nothing left to worry about and it's almost NEVER works in the best interest of the person who was scammed, even if they follow through with it, it rarely works because police are too lazy to work with other jurisdictions and for many flying to file charges and go to court us too expensive or timely. You have no clue what a huge contribution it would be for you to share as much of this process as you possibly can, videos, pics, detailed written posts, etc because it will help just about every single person who has posted or will post of thier misfortune in this forum and I'm confident ever single member of fauna will appreciate what you've shown then so they can make better informed decision on how to proceed with thier cases. I also don't think it would be shady if you set up a gofundme page seeking help if costs get too high, many of us have been waiting for the day that someone would do what you are about to do and the info as well as the satasfaction of seeing one of these scanmers have to face the consequences is valuable and worth experiencing. Good luck!!!!

Old 01-19-2017, 11:55 AM   #22
Bryan S
Good luck in getting your money back. I may have disagreed with the way that you've handled yourself in the past but you don't deserve this crap, no one does except other scammers so that they can see what it's like to be ripped off first hand.

Old 01-19-2017, 07:12 PM   #23
calebroad
Quote:
Originally Posted by WHYTEARK View Post
Interesting, Andrew contacted me about a six pack of b grade (clive) 66% het juvies i had posted. He said he had some clive het albino females 7-8 inches he needed a male for. He said "he wanted" the six turtles and that he worked at scales n tails in vegas, then disappeared for several days. Meantime I sold the turtles to someone else, then he calls and asks about them like no time had lapsed.. Once he found out these were sold the next day i saw his ad for the females he called 100% hets, problem is clive only had 66% hets and they ALL are a deeper orange color with males having yellow heads and toenails, not the pale light ones he posted pics of... i knew then it was BS. Although its dimly possible I dont believe these are even Clive turtles, I do believe he was simply using his name in addition to the 100% het thing to boost the value..This is bad as can bring distrust to anyone selling True Het/Clive turtles, myself included.. Very Sad that a few people still do this kind of crap..

Please pm me your information if you dont mind, I have had a lot of people contacting me, with similar stories. Bottom line, is that Scales N Tails appear to have involvement in this also, Andrew Popp admitted that he used "bad judgement" and offered a refund, then he had a change of heart. Then he admitted to the entire thing, then had a change of heart, then he keeps asking stupid questions, says he is gonna fight me in court, then has a change of heart.

So, let me answer the questions that were asked on here, first of all. When you post turtles online, as over six, over seven, and eight inches, albino het for snow. And you collect $6,000.00 cash money, and then its revealed that you deliberately mislead, and knowingly falsified your listing, and accepted money (over $650.00) - that is a felony criminal offense.

Not to be confused with the massive civil liabilities - let me start with very small.....he guaranteed my full satisfaction or refund, he guaranteed his product 100%, but then instead of the size, they were a very large amount smaller, and much much younger.

Now lets add on the het or caramel and snow, I can prove this, however, its not necessary for me to reveal how. Because of the guarantees above. - So I wont even make the claim except to say that I doubt they are het caramel and snow, and I will show proof in court if necessary. - Lets not forget that Andrew Popp has admitted these are not het, and that he was sorry.

But Andrew Popp is a delay kind of guy, he figures the more time that goes by, the better.

Jimmy Whitts is where he got the turtels from, he owns Tails and Scales. Adam Morr is the district manager, who even though Adam knows he has a scammer working for his store, Andrew still has a job, to my knowledge, which indicates to me, that likely scales N tails made some side cash on this scam.

Where is my proof - Let me give you my word about a few things right here on the Fauna BOI - This is a 100% promise from Chris Davis.....

1. I am formatting the screenshots, and will post every single text message between me and this slick talking thief.

2. I am flying out on Tuesday, staying a Caesars, and meeting with the District Attorney at 10:30am (Vegas time) on Wednesday. Yes, I want them to issue warrant for Andrews arrest, but they are not likely to do that, they are probably gonna set a court date for a criminal preliminary hearing, and I will subpoena his bosses, and others. and present my evidence. I will lay out my case, and will ask the judge to put this guy in jail - obviously that is not my choice, but I am going to paint a very clear picture of what went on here.

3. I am filing a large lawsuit against Andrew Popp, and I am filing a writ of possession, to request the judge order that he cannot sell his home or assets until this action is settled (may it be win, lose, or draw).

4. I am filing a large lawsuit against Scales N Tails, for their role in this scam. Its their turtles, their employee, their business was used as credibility for me to send the cash, if not for them, none of this could have happened. And now they are hiding under a rock.

5. Andrew Popp is a smooth criminal who has a cunning way about him, he sounds believable, and he is a likable guy on the phone. But I am not buying what he is selling. I am after him, my intentions are very clear, even if it costs me $50k, I doubt we will see him out scamming again anytime soon when I am done with him.

Also, let apologize for posting the texts late, I have been dealing with Andrew going back and forth back and forth.

Perhaps he thinks I am bluffing, but I am going to post back to this on Wednesday from Las Vegas Nevada, and that little scammer can scratch his head and ask himself, "Is Chris bluffing?"

Old 01-19-2017, 07:36 PM   #24
Lucille
Quote:

4. I am filing a large lawsuit against Scales N Tails, for their role in this scam. Its their turtles, their employee, their business was used as credibility for me to send the cash
I'm waiting on your proof, but it is difficult to see how they have any liability at this point. Andrew may be their employee but he did not seem to be acting within the scope of his employment when this transaction was made. And as far as their name used for credibility, again I'm waiting on proof but if Andrew used their name, that is not their fault. If prior to the transaction they guaranteed the deal that is different, but the initial transaction seems to be between you and Andrew.
I'm sure all will be clearer once you post your proofs.

Old 01-19-2017, 07:45 PM   #25
Lucille
Quote:
Andrew Popp said that even though his add said 6 inches, 7.5 inches, and 8 inches, he said they are actually much bigger
You are going to post the ad, and also pictures with the actual critters lined up near a ruler, I'm sure, since the basic issue seems to be their size.

I realize you are formatting but you could take pictures of the turtles you have right now and post the pics with them next to a ruler.

Old 01-19-2017, 08:41 PM   #26
calebroad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
You are going to post the ad, and also pictures with the actual critters lined up near a ruler, I'm sure, since the basic issue seems to be their size.

I realize you are formatting but you could take pictures of the turtles you have right now and post the pics with them next to a ruler.
Absolutely! Please see the pictures below, the first one is of his actual Fauna advertisement, the next three are the ACTUAL turtles, next to double rulers, clear as I can make them, these are intended to be used in court Wednesday.

If you have feedback or advice for me, please share, as I really want to get this crook. At this point, he is stalling, and asking delayed questions, trying to figure out if I am bluffing, but also, how much evidence do I really have.
Attached Images

Old 01-19-2017, 08:54 PM   #27
Lucille
If those were the actual turtles sent, those are great pictures and I like the way you labelled each one.

Old 01-20-2017, 12:19 AM   #28
calebroad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
If those were the actual turtles sent, those are great pictures and I like the way you labelled each one.

Thank you Lucille, yes those are the exact turtles. Also let me be clear that I am not being a jerk, I have offered this little scammer every way out. Payment plans and trades, and anything else.

Also, I invited him to my suite Tuesday evening to kindly try to hatch out a last minute resolution, without my spending hours in court the next day.

He is ignoring me, and unfortunately I believe he is getting bad advice or perhaps he thinks he is smarter than me. One thing is for sure - he is a gambling man.

Likely, Andrew is young, and has a sudden influx of financial stability. I can understand his dilemma. The average bank robbery heist in the US is only $4,000, - so he made out better than your average bank robber, and he has a chance, however small it may be, he does have a chance of pulling it off.

Old 01-20-2017, 05:58 AM   #29
Lucille
Quote:

Where is my proof - Let me give you my word about a few things right here on the Fauna BOI - This is a 100% promise from Chris Davis.....

1. I am formatting the screenshots, and will post every single text message
Please post your proofs as you promised you would do.

Old 01-20-2017, 10:01 AM   #30
Mike (The M)
Quote:
Please pm me your information if you dont mind, I have had a lot of people contacting me, with similar stories. Bottom line, is that Scales N Tails appear to have involvement in this also, Andrew Popp admitted that he used "bad judgement" and offered a refund, then he had a change of heart. Then he admitted to the entire thing, then had a change of heart, then he keeps asking stupid questions, says he is gonna fight me in court, then has a change of heart.

So, let me answer the questions that were asked on here, first of all. When you post turtles online, as over six, over seven, and eight inches, albino het for snow. And you collect $6,000.00 cash money, and then its revealed that you deliberately mislead, and knowingly falsified your listing, and accepted money (over $650.00) - that is a felony criminal offense.

Not to be confused with the massive civil liabilities - let me start with very small.....he guaranteed my full satisfaction or refund, he guaranteed his product 100%, but then instead of the size, they were a very large amount smaller, and much much younger.

Now lets add on the het or caramel and snow, I can prove this, however, its not necessary for me to reveal how. Because of the guarantees above. - So I wont even make the claim except to say that I doubt they are het caramel and snow, and I will show proof in court if necessary. - Lets not forget that Andrew Popp has admitted these are not het, and that he was sorry.

But Andrew Popp is a delay kind of guy, he figures the more time that goes by, the better.

Jimmy Whitts is where he got the turtels from, he owns Tails and Scales. Adam Morr is the district manager, who even though Adam knows he has a scammer working for his store, Andrew still has a job, to my knowledge, which indicates to me, that likely scales N tails made some side cash on this scam.

1. I am formatting the screenshots, and will post every single text message between me and this slick talking thief.

2. I am flying out on Tuesday, staying a Caesars, and meeting with the District Attorney at 10:30am (Vegas time) on Wednesday. Yes, I want them to issue warrant for Andrews arrest, but they are not likely to do that, they are probably gonna set a court date for a criminal preliminary hearing, and I will subpoena his bosses, and others. and present my evidence. I will lay out my case, and will ask the judge to put this guy in jail - obviously that is not my choice, but I am going to paint a very clear picture of what went on here.

3. I am filing a large lawsuit against Andrew Popp, and I am filing a writ of possession, to request the judge order that he cannot sell his home or assets until this action is settled (may it be win, lose, or draw).

4. I am filing a large lawsuit against Scales N Tails, for their role in this scam. Its their turtles, their employee, their business was used as credibility for me to send the cash, if not for them, none of this could have happened. And now they are hiding under a rock.

5. Andrew Popp is a smooth criminal who has a cunning way about him, he sounds believable, and he is a likable guy on the phone. But I am not buying what he is selling. I am after him, my intentions are very clear, even if it costs me $50k, I doubt we will see him out scamming again anytime soon when I am done with him.

Also, let apologize for posting the texts late, I have been dealing with Andrew going back and forth back and forth.

Perhaps he thinks I am bluffing, but I am going to post back to this on Wednesday from Las Vegas Nevada, and that little scammer can scratch his head and ask himself, "Is Chris bluffing?"
I agree with you, you should take this as far as you can. Too many people just let things slide.

That being said... this is kind of one of those "Super-villain" moments where they lay out their entire plan for exposition, and it gets foiled.

One piece of advice: play your cards closer to your chest.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!