Irregular feeding behavior - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Hognose Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-12-2017, 07:25 PM   #11
kalel5011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herpin Man View Post
I would offer every week. This may be seasonal, and you want to be able to put weight back on him when his appetite is strong.
Awesome, big thanks!!!

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Old 10-12-2017, 08:49 PM   #12
Beyond GenetiX
Definitely a male, males will sometimes go weeks without feeding. In any case, force feeding should be a last resort. Before force feeding I would try, tease feeding, live, f/t scented with tuna, if all of that fails, toad scented mice will typically get any hog to eat. If that doesn't work, a f/t amphibian would be my next choice. I've had a female go 5 months before, then she decided she was going to eat. I continued to offer every week to no avail, then one day she decided she was going to eat. If he doesn't eat before too much longer send me a pm, we can discuss options.

Old 10-12-2017, 08:59 PM   #13
kalel5011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyond GenetiX View Post
Definitely a male, males will sometimes go weeks without feeding. In any case, force feeding should be a last resort. Before force feeding I would try, tease feeding, live, f/t scented with tuna, if all of that fails, toad scented mice will typically get any hog to eat. If that doesn't work, a f/t amphibian would be my next choice. I've had a female go 5 months before, then she decided she was going to eat. I continued to offer every week to no avail, then one day she decided she was going to eat. If he doesn't eat before too much longer send me a pm, we can discuss options.
Ok, thanks. I will. It's already been two, maybe three weeks since he last ate.

I don't have access to live fuzzies in my small Illinois town. And not experienced in scenting but I'll look for f/t toads.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!