Info Ashley Caspillo-SakaraGT4/Sakara *Possible Buyer Beware!* - Page 29 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-22-2010, 10:38 AM   #281
Donnie Smith
I was doing my best to avoid getting involved in this debacle, but I feel I must correct a misconception here.

Redtailboa.net is not attempting to shield Sakara. Simply put, a vote of all the staff was taken and we decided that it would be inappropriate per the TOS of the website to allow a link to this thread to be posted. Long ago it was decided that redtailboa.net is NOT the BOI. Our forums do not have the format for it, and this niche is nicely filled by FaunaClassifieds.com without any help from us.

When people make negative statements about ANY member, it gets treated as a violation of the TOS. This is no exception.

This statement is neither in support nor in opposition to Sakara and this situation. Redtailboa.net is neutral in this and all other issues involving it's members. We have a long track record of consistency in how we handle these sorts of situations.

I am terribly sorry that some of you dislike our policy, but it is the policy, and it is not likely to change. The moderator who suggested that people take any negative statements to the BOI acted appropriately in response to having to remove several posts from that thread.

Thank you,
Donnie "Morti" Smith

Old 12-22-2010, 11:00 AM   #282
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie Smith View Post
I was doing my best to avoid getting involved in this debacle, but I feel I must correct a misconception here.

Redtailboa.net is not attempting to shield Sakara. Simply put, a vote of all the staff was taken and we decided that it would be inappropriate per the TOS of the website to allow a link to this thread to be posted. Long ago it was decided that redtailboa.net is NOT the BOI. Our forums do not have the format for it, and this niche is nicely filled by FaunaClassifieds.com without any help from us.

When people make negative statements about ANY member, it gets treated as a violation of the TOS. This is no exception.
This statement is neither in support nor in opposition to Sakara and this situation. Redtailboa.net is neutral in this and all other issues involving it's members. We have a long track record of consistency in how we handle these sorts of situations.

I am terribly sorry that some of you dislike our policy, but it is the policy, and it is not likely to change. The moderator who suggested that people take any negative statements to the BOI acted appropriately in response to having to remove several posts from that thread.

Thank you,
Donnie "Morti" Smith
I am sure many of us understand your stance and attempt to stand by the TOS, but there are always exceptions and at least one forum owner has shown the ability to recognize when an exception must be made.

Moving on (I try to keep posts short and sweet these days..well, short anyway) ...The bolded part of your post seems to imply that even if a post is true, it will be deleted? That means it's ok to post nice polite, smiling lies as long as the TOS is followed?

See, this is how having a hard fast TOS/RULE can perhaps ruin a perfectly good forum. TOS and Rules are meant to provide guidance, they are not usually cast in stone.

Old 12-22-2010, 11:39 AM   #283
sally-dog
Quote:

Thank you,
Donnie "Morti" Smith
Sorry, I agree with Deborah and the others.

Old 12-22-2010, 11:42 AM   #284
amercnwmn
I understand if this is allowed, it would pathe the way for other posts to follow suit, and it would appear to be a "flame" war at times. I also realize the threads would have to have round-the-clock moderation.

I don't think this issue should be seen as "taking sides".
It's not meant as a personal attack.

While I know some are deeply offended at how things appear to have been handled, the MOST IMPORTANT issue is whether or not people's animals have been possibly affected by these actions.

The actions themselves are over and done with, you can't change that. All we can do is try to help locate people who purchased snakes, make sure they are aware of the mites & IBD probability, and make sure no one else is hurt.

In this respect, perhaps RTB.net and other forums not wishing to promote a BOI type setting could at least post a thread regarding the dangers of IBD, researching sellers, and proper quarantine. I'm sure there's hundreds of them on the site, but apparently it's not enough to protect people. Apparently it needs to be a post-it note on their foreheads..lol

Old 12-22-2010, 11:54 AM   #285
amercnwmn
I should make it clear, this is Ashely's problem:

She KNEW she had mites, and sold anyways
She KNEW she had a necropsy indicating IBD
She KNEW she had NO quarantine & lied about it
She KNEW she had 3 other deaths that weren't necessarily NOT IBD related.

I think when it comes to the health of the animals and proof exists of a blatant disregard for the proper care and provention of disease/parasite spread it deserves notice.
That's my opinion, and I do understand the stance of RTB.net.

I think a lot of people are still under the misconception this is personal and it's not.
Obviously these people haven't bothered to READ the first post. It has all the info really needed.
Mites are obviously present, IBD is highly suspect at this time.
That's a problem!

Old 12-22-2010, 11:58 AM   #286
ozz465
Thumbs down

Quote:

Thank you,
Donnie "Morti" Smith
While i agree negative post can be dealt with ,but how is a fact or something confirmed by sakara considered a neg comment ? .,seems to me by remaining neutral in a way your supported the actions of a member that may have endangered countless collections .

Old 12-22-2010, 12:06 PM   #287
sally-dog
Quote:
Originally Posted by amercnwmn View Post
I should make it clear, this is Ashely's problem:

She KNEW she had mites, and sold anyways
She KNEW she had a necropsy indicating IBD
She KNEW she had NO quarantine & lied about it
She KNEW she had 3 other deaths that weren't necessarily NOT IBD related.

I think when it comes to the health of the animals and proof exists of a blatant disregard for the proper care and provention of disease/parasite spread it deserves notice.
That's my opinion, and I do understand the stance of RTB.net.

I think a lot of people are still under the misconception this is personal and it's not.
Obviously these people haven't bothered to READ the first post. It has all the info really needed.
Mites are obviously present, IBD is highly suspect at this time.
That's a problem!

I'll say it again: Half that forum would have been infected with mites if this thread weren't posted when it were. There were baby Bolivians up for sale and 2 boas up for Auction (I don't know what happened to those). Those mites could have IBD, or maybe some other lovely bloodborne disease. Who knows!

Now that the stance has been made by a member of RTB.net staff, I"ll just have to recommend people do what I did earlier: Don't comment on Ashley's posts. She has business to attend to and it looks like she can't stop playing on Forums.

Old 12-22-2010, 12:12 PM   #288
Donnie Smith
Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahbroadus View Post
I am sure many of us understand your stance and attempt to stand by the TOS, but there are always exceptions and at least one forum owner has shown the ability to recognize when an exception must be made.
To make an exception would require a majority vote from the staff. A vote was taken. The majority decision was to not allow this on RTB.

To those who disagree with the majority decision of the staff... Sorry.

Old 12-22-2010, 01:58 PM   #289
deborahbroadus
Quote:
To make an exception would require a majority vote from the staff. A vote was taken. The majority decision was to not allow this on RTB.

To those who disagree with the majority decision of the staff... Sorry.
I understand, the decision is unfortunate, but I understand.

Good luck.

Old 12-22-2010, 03:01 PM   #290
Drew Zaun
Quote:
Thank you,
Donnie "Morti" Smith
Snipped for brevity...

I am sorry Donnie, but you could not be any more wrong if your name was H. Wrongy Wrongenstien.

By suppressing any information in those threads you are acting as if it is RTB.net's position that there is no problem. That is hardly neutral. In fact using the term "debacle" implies you have a negative take on this thread and the information that has been presented here.

If you truely wish to remain "neutral", you would allow links to this thread, you would allow mention of IBD, etc. You can easily place a warning that any member that becomes disagreeable will have their contribution and account deleted, thus maintaining a pleasant atmosphere. Instead you chose to suppress what may turn out to be very important information to some of your membership.

For your sake I hope that all that is here just appears to be IBD, and in reality is nothing. But I can tell you, if I were to have obtained an animal from Sakara, based on a relationship I made on your site, and found out that moderators there were actively suppressing information, I would be less than pleased.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
ibd