Reptile Newbie from FL - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

Old 01-05-2017, 07:27 PM   #1
ceruleanblue
Reptile Newbie from FL

Hi everyone,

I've lived here in northeast Florida all of my life, and have always had a wide variety of pets, but mostly mammals. Right now, I am at the lowest amount of pets (and species) I've been at in over 10 years, with only 2 dogs. After some consideration, I've decided to try reptiles for the first time. Aside from the lizards I used to catch and keep for a few days when I was younger, and a turtle that escaped (also when I was young), I've never had a reptile pet that was entirely my own responsibility. I was at an event at a local conservancy center a few months ago, and there were many different species of snakes there. I spoke with several different caretakers/breeders, and really became interested in the Western Hognose. It seems like they fit in perfectly with the level of care that I was looking for in a new pet. I have been trying to do research and gathering supplies over the last few months, and think I will be ready very soon to get my first snake! I'm very excited about it, and I hope that you will all have patience with my newbie questions.

Old 01-05-2017, 08:28 PM   #2
Lucille
Welcome!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!