Ok, Ok, Not Really Sure - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-11-2006, 09:19 AM   #11
CrazyReptileWorld
If they are not drinking spray them with the water...Bearded Dragons soak it through their skin. Also, I recommend Repti-Cal Calcium Supplements and Vito Supplements. Also, I recommend you get a Repti-Sun 10.0 UVB light for their cage

Old 11-11-2006, 11:09 AM   #12
Vandenberg
I am intereseted in others opinions on the sand!

Old 11-11-2006, 12:37 PM   #13
melindaste
I prefer Ceramic tile, Easy to clean and looks nice, No need to worry about impaction from accidently injesting the sand. The tile also retains the heat nicley, also keeps the nails short..

Old 11-11-2006, 12:48 PM   #14
Vandenberg
Great idea. Any others??

Old 11-11-2006, 02:04 PM   #15
Cat_72
I missed the Repti-Cal sand on your first post.....though the idea of sand/no sand will always be debated, the Repti-sand is definitely not the best option. I use sifted play sand for my adults (you can buy bags at Home Depot and such for a couple dollars), and paper towel bedding for babies/juvies. If you prefer sand, the play sand is the safest option.

Old 11-11-2006, 04:49 PM   #16
Dachiu
Any type of sand without rocks will be OK for dragons of that size... For hatchlings, I recommend sifted playsand though.
There should be no need for additional UVB lighting, since you already have a Power Sun. Your dragon is losing weight, because he is not eating and being kept warm. So he is hiding on the cool side of the cage for a reason. You may want to follow his lead. It could be stress, or seasonal changes.
"dusted with T-Rex ICB" - The one thing I'd question is the supplement you are using. This one is a smorgasbord of stuff that users have attributed difficulties to - we stick to RepCal (Calcium/D3 only)
If you search for T-Rex under some of the other bearded dragon forums, you can read their experiences from back in 2004.

How is the smaller dragon acting? Did Benny start acting weird just around the daylight savings-time change?

Vickie

ps -

Old 11-12-2006, 09:53 AM   #17
Vandenberg
Yes, his activity change started around daylight savings time.

Old 11-12-2006, 09:58 AM   #18
Vandenberg
So RepCal (Calcium/D3only), but what about vitamins?

What is the benefit of sifted play sand? Do you guys buy it that way or sift it after you buy it??

BTW, if I am going to split them up what size tank is appropriate. I definately like some opinions please. I would also like some heating opinions on what ever tank you are recommending.

thanks so much. I am learning very fast thanks to this forum!

Old 11-12-2006, 10:17 AM   #19
CrazyReptileWorld
http://cgi.ebay.com/Rep-Cal-Calcium-...QQcmdZViewItem

That is the Calcium

http://www.repcal.com/supp.htm

Rep-Cal Herptivite Multivitamin

Old 11-12-2006, 12:00 PM   #20
Vandenberg
Okay, but what about the increase of D3 to dangerous levels over time. Do we really need D3?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!