Inquiry: Michael Powell- Quality First Pets Of Texas - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-26-2008, 07:38 PM   #1
Rescue_Herps
Inquiry: Michael Powell- Quality First Pets Of Texas

I have done a search, and am pulling up very mixed reviews about Michael Powell. The older posts, don't sound good at all- but there are more recent posts from 2007 from very pleased customers.

Has anyone dealt with him more recently? (like in 2008) ?

As someone that rarely buys animals, I need a little guideance here.

Thanks
Beth

Old 05-26-2008, 08:38 PM   #3
lanceheads
Mike has vended at my shows before, and we have never had a problem with him.

Randal Berry
www.Texasreptiles.com

Old 05-26-2008, 11:36 PM   #4
Carolina Reptiles
I have bought from him and been very happy with the animals he sent.
William Davis
Carolina Reptiles

Old 06-28-2008, 12:38 AM   #5
Death_Viper
May 2008

Just sent this guy almost $300 for some rat snakes. He sends 1.1 instead of the 1.2 I paid for. Never told me or gave me the option of taking or not taking the pair. Later told the third one was just dead in the cage. No wonder - they all had spirochetes and mites ! A vet bill of $175 later I'm hoping they actually live. Still waiting for my money back on the dead one I never got. I would avoid this dealer in the future.

Old 06-28-2008, 02:36 AM   #6
Rescue_Herps
I got 8 ball's from him...
All looked ok when they got here- one was in deep shed and a bit skinny- but not lethargic.
1 died the next day
1 died 4 days after arrival
1 died 8 days after arrival
1 died last nite....

..... we have over 100 snakes in our care here.... only lost about 15 animals in the last 5 years....

I did not file a complaint or anything like that--- the warranty wouldn't have covered them anyway....

Thank god for strict quarantine....

~Beth

Old 06-29-2008, 11:26 AM   #7
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death_Viper
Just sent this guy almost $300 for some rat snakes. He sends 1.1 instead of the 1.2 I paid for. Never told me or gave me the option of taking or not taking the pair. Later told the third one was just dead in the cage. No wonder - they all had spirochetes and mites ! A vet bill of $175 later I'm hoping they actually live. Still waiting for my money back on the dead one I never got. I would avoid this dealer in the future.
Ha.....hahahahahahahahahahahaha. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Karma.

Old 06-29-2008, 05:43 PM   #8
PYTHONS_ONLINE
Michael Powell- Quality First Pets Of Texas ???
Is a Good or Bad Guy

Old 06-29-2008, 08:38 PM   #9
John E Dove
Quote:
Originally Posted by PYTHONS_ONLINE
Michael Powell- Quality First Pets Of Texas ???
Is a Good or Bad Guy
That is a good question; if we give credence to what Ms. Skelton & Mr. English have to say I can’t say I would consider him squeaky clean. But then again those are two accusations offered without evidence or information on what steps, if any, were taken to allow Mr. Powell to make things right.

I do know that there is at least one other semi complaint thread with mixed reviews on Mr. Powell. He is also an importer which means you could be purchasing WC animals in poor health to begin with but at a lower price to entice you to take the risk.

Old 06-29-2008, 11:08 PM   #10
jim0602
I have ordered from him 6 or 8 times in the past. Nothing in the last 2 years.
When you order cheap wild caught imports you get what you pay for. I never had 1 complaint on the animal quality (knew what to expect but they were far better than most wholesalers). Including ball pythons I have ordered in excess of 1000 animals from him. My only complaints were in communication and 1 time shipping the wrong animals when I was desperate for the ones I ordered for a show. I still watch his lists and if he had something I needed I would order from him again..

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!