Inquiry Sunshine Serpents - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-06-2014, 04:00 PM   #1
poomwah
Sunshine Serpents

Has anyone dealt with sunshine serpents?
We saw an ad on KS, for a snake, we really loved it. I contacted sunshine serpents about it, and the response was prompt and polite. I was told the price for the snake as well as shipping. We had an issue with the weather that caused some added expenses. So we had to wait. I told them about it, they seemed understanding and told them to just let them know .
So, I finally let them know that we were ready to get her. And even though it says nothing in the ad about not selling lone females( in fact, the ad doesn't even mention males, the ad is for ONE snake), they won't sell her to us now unless we buy a male as well. They will sell us a male by itself, but not the female that was the one we agreed on earlier.
Anyone dealt with them? What are your thoughts and experiences.
It seems pretty bad to me to agree to sell someone a snake for a particular price, then when it comes time to purchase switch it out with something else or make them buy extra .

Old 02-06-2014, 04:46 PM   #2
Magic
Good or bad, many colubrid breeders have the policy of not selling lone females or breaking up trios (one male and two females). Many breeders also price their female snakes higher.

From what it sounds like, you guys just had a verbal agreement on the sale of the female cornsnake. Unless a deposit was placed, or money already exchanged hands, you are kinda stuck with the breeder deciding to up her price or make a purchase of a male a prerequisite.

Things could have changed in the time you needed to come up with the purchase money.

However, if the classified ad is still up, it's worth mentioning that to the breeder. I've had to raise prices on babies, but if somehow I forgot to update or remove an ad that mentioned the lower price, I always honored it. Good luck!

Old 02-06-2014, 05:06 PM   #3
poomwah
Thanks for the reply. The ad was up and unchanged until I asked the breeder for clarification, and the. He took the ad down. Even as he was telling me, that I would need to buy a male in order to get the female that we had discussed, the ad was still for one lone female.

Old 02-06-2014, 05:16 PM   #4
hhmoore
Would you mind posting the name of the person with whom you were corresponding, and the email address used?

Old 02-06-2014, 05:26 PM   #5
poomwah
It was daniel at sunshineserpents@gmail.com

Old 02-06-2014, 05:33 PM   #6
hhmoore
Not the guy I was thinking of - thanks for the clarification.

Old 02-06-2014, 09:35 PM   #7
Chris Kennard
For what it's worth, I bought a pair of bulls fron Daniel a few years back shipped to me in Pa. Perfect transaction, perfect shipping and beautiful healthy snakes. I'd do dusiness with him any day.

Old 02-06-2014, 09:55 PM   #8
poomwah
Thanks Chris. I appreciate the input.

Old 02-06-2014, 09:59 PM   #9
kingpinreptiles
I did a transaction with Daniel a couple years back for a one of a kind, kind of expensive snake. No issues at all with the transaction, Daniel is good people.

Old 02-06-2014, 11:12 PM   #10
BrianC
I have noticed in a few of his ads he will have males and females listed separately but often times in the ads for the female animals it will say "No lone females sold"

As stated above, it appears you two may have had a verbal agreement for a female, or possibly he was just quoting you a price for a single animal and was confused what you were asking.

It's common practice to only sell animals in pairs.
There is always the option of going with another breeder if you are unsatisfied with the way a certain person does business, as there are numerous colubrid breeders that will more than likely have what you want.

I've talked with Daniel in the past regarding his "devils garden" corns and he seems like a pretty honest and straight forward person.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!