ExoticPetsSW - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-08-2007, 09:55 AM   #11
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExoticPetsWS
Here is my guarantee that relates to live animals:

Live Reptile Policy:

Orders sent door to door service are sent via priority service only, otherwise we can not guarantee live arrival.

Guarantee:
We guarantee our animals are healthy and alive when they arrive.
We can not be responsible for carrier delays or mishandling. We do not guarantee any animals when traveling through areas where the temperatures are below 40 degrees or above 90 degrees. Heat and ice packs are available upon request. Because of the unique needs of amphibians, there is no guarantee at any time. There is never a guarantee on free items or any items being shipped by ground service. We can not be held liable for any illness or disease not visible or known while in our care. We can not guarantee our animals are free of parasites. There is no guarantee for any items being shipped by ground service. There is never a guarantee on free items. There is no guarantee on items marked (NG). Exotic Pets Wholesale is not responsible for shipping and handling fees for the purchase or return of any items.

All Customers:
If a problem should arise. You will need to return the item or items in question before a refund is issued, less any shipping and handling fees. This applies to live animals as well. We may require photographs or the return of any live animals in question.
Should you run into a problem... please let us know within one hour of receiving your shipment. A credit will be given on your next invoice or a replacement will be sent with your next order. If we do not hear from you within one hour we will assume that everything is great and you have had no problems.
No credits will be given after this time.

In addition to the above:
Exotic Pets Wholesale is not responsible for any fees you incur relating to or from the live animals purchased from us such as care, feeding, breeding, shipping or health, other than what has been stated above or other wise stated or agreed upon in writing. We are not responsible for the legality of the animals we sell or any fines, fees or licensing of or for any animal or animals purchased from us.

All turtles and tortoises under 4" are sold for educational, scientific or export purposes only.

Basically, notify us as to any problems that arise and check the legality of all animals you intend on purchasing before making the purchase.

The one posted was for products (dry goods).
Just so I understand. She requested a cold pack and you refused and went against your TOS.
Quote:
The temps here are around 80. FedEx will pick up late in the afternoon. The shipment is guaranteed by 10:30 am. No signature is required so FedEx can leave the box. We found this works better than FedEx driving around all day with live animals in their HOT trucks.

The temp was above 90 on her end but because it wasn't on your end you disregarded her request even with your TOS stating
Quote:
We do not guarantee any animals when traveling through areas where the temperatures are below 40 degrees or above 90 degrees.
I know..I know. At least you're not shipping in uninsulated cricket boxes anymore.

Old 08-08-2007, 09:57 AM   #12
Cat_72
Quote:
Here is my guarantee that relates to live animals:

Live Reptile Policy:

Orders sent door to door service are sent via priority service only, otherwise we can not guarantee live arrival.

Guarantee:
We guarantee our animals are healthy and alive when they arrive. We can not be responsible for carrier delays or mishandling. We do not guarantee any animals when traveling through areas where the temperatures are below 40 degrees or above 90 degrees. Heat and ice packs are available upon request. Because of the unique needs of amphibians, there is no guarantee at any time. There is never a guarantee on free items or any items being shipped by ground service. We can not be held liable for any illness or disease not visible or known while in our care. We can not guarantee our animals are free of parasites. There is no guarantee for any items being shipped by ground service. There is never a guarantee on free items. There is no guarantee on items marked (NG). Exotic Pets Wholesale is not responsible for shipping and handling fees for the purchase or return of any items.

All Customers:
If a problem should arise. You will need to return the item or items in question before a refund is issued, less any shipping and handling fees. This applies to live animals as well. We may require photographs or the return of any live animals in question.
Should you run into a problem... please let us know within one hour of receiving your shipment. A credit will be given on your next invoice or a replacement will be sent with your next order. If we do not hear from you within one hour we will assume that everything is great and you have had no problems.
No credits will be given after this time.

In addition to the above:
Exotic Pets Wholesale is not responsible for any fees you incur relating to or from the live animals purchased from us such as care, feeding, breeding, shipping or health, other than what has been stated above or other wise stated or agreed upon in writing. We are not responsible for the legality of the animals we sell or any fines, fees or licensing of or for any animal or animals purchased from us.

All turtles and tortoises under 4" are sold for educational, scientific or export purposes only.

Basically, notify us as to any problems that arise and check the legality of all animals you intend on purchasing before making the purchase.

The one posted was for products (dry goods).
So.....You cannot be held responsible for carrier delays or mishandling, but you expect others to be even when their TOS says they are not?

And the buyer showed concern about shipping in 90+ degree weather, but you told them that it would be fine because you would include a cold pack, yet you didn't include one even though per your own TOS, one would be provided? You must know the risks that can be involved with shipping at high temps, since you don't even guarantee live arrival at temps that high....yet still did so without a cold pack?

Old 08-08-2007, 10:05 AM   #13
KelliH
Quote:
Also, I did not have another 4" Blazing to send her and the Bells did not have them on their list either.
Say what? You are advertising a 4" pair on Reptile Auctions right now! Remember-
Attached Images

Old 08-08-2007, 10:07 AM   #14
ExoticPetsWS
In a small 7x7x6 box the ice would have cooled the insulated box too much and would most likely froze out the animals. The room in that size box is minimal. It fits 3 plastic containers. I put two and chose to ship the desert dwellers without ice, yes. Ultimately, I (or one of my employees) make the decision to heat/ice pack based on the the situation.

Old 08-08-2007, 10:08 AM   #15
ExoticPetsWS
I'm sorry ~

Blizzards are not Blazings!

Old 08-08-2007, 10:11 AM   #16
KelliH
Quote:
Blizzards are not Blazings!
My mistake I should have looked closer at the photo you provided. I apologize.

Old 08-08-2007, 10:18 AM   #17
Cat_72
Quote:
In a small 7x7x6 box the ice would have cooled the insulated box too much and would most likely froze out the animals. The room in that size box is minimal. It fits 3 plastic containers. I put two and chose to ship the desert dwellers without ice, yes. Ultimately, I (or one of my employees) make the decision to heat/ice pack based on the the situation.
Soooo......put them in a more appropriate sized box?

If your TOS states that cold packs are available upon request, and you told the buyer that one would be used, it should be appropriately packaged to allow for the use of one.

Old 08-08-2007, 10:23 AM   #18
Griz
Yes guys, I know it's nit-picking and I was willing to overlook it the first time but she did it again and it's a pet peeve of mine. Maybe they did not teach this at your fine college institution but if you do a 360 then you're right back where you started at. If you do a 180 then you've flip flopped. Get it straight.

Also, according to the National Weather Center, on June 14th of this year in Springfield , Illinois the temps were 92 with 87% humidity. I can also attest to the heat as I was in Lincoln, Illinois that day for meetings and can vividly remember switching from a suit and tie to just a suit. It mirrored our current weather very closely!

Griz

Old 08-08-2007, 10:24 AM   #19
ExoticPetsWS
There was nothing wrong with the way they were shipped.

I will not use a larger box when it is not needed. That would make my customer pay more for shipping when it is not necessary.

But thanks for the suggestion.

Old 08-08-2007, 10:26 AM   #20
ExoticPetsWS
....and the animals were delivered at what time?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!