Bad Guy Premium Crickets - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-15-2009, 08:02 PM   #1
Littlelions
Premium Crickets

On Tuesday the 6th, I ordered 1000 1/2" crickets. On Friday evening, the order arrived, but the crickets were all smaller than 3/8" (remember, I ordered 1/2").
I sent them an email stating the problem and that I expected them to send me the size that I had ordered. This was Columbus Day weekend and they were already closed for Friday's workday, so I thought I'd hear back from them on Tuesday.
I received no email, so I called them Wednesday afternoon--got their answering machine--left my name, number and heard nothing until Thursday afternoon, when I got an email, asking me to call "Mike" at his Georgia phone number.
Against my better judgement, I called "Mike", a long-distance call for me.
Mike told me that crickets grow and it should only take another week and they'll be the size I had ordered.
I thought that was ridiculous, since I ordered crickets to feed now and these are too small for my pets.
After I continued insisting on a replacement, he offered to include 250 "extra" crickets with my next order and that shipping is expensive, so he would not send the crickets I need now.
I told him that that was a paltry offer and I would think 500 "extra" to be more reasonable.
"I'll make it 300.", he said," and that's the most I will do".
I laughed in disbelief and told him that that was unreasonable.
In my opinion, the mistake was entirely his company's and he should have been much more interested in resolving the problem.
I'm not the kind of person to yell or curse--which I did not--but this really made me so angry, because I feel that I have been cheated.
At no time was there even any apology from anyone, neither by email nor by phone.
He can keep his 300 crickets, as I definitely won't take the chance of getting burnt twice.
I'll spend my money with a better supplier--one who knows the meaning of the words customer service.

Old 10-15-2009, 08:15 PM   #2
Littlelions
I don't know why I can't edit my user profile.
I added a signature with my married name, for correctness' sake, but it doesn't show on the post.

Old 10-15-2009, 09:52 PM   #3
MikeRusso
Did this issue REALLY require a "Bad Guy" thread?? What are 1000 crickets maybe $15bux these days.. Honestly??

~ Mike Russo

Old 10-15-2009, 10:34 PM   #4
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRusso View Post
Did this issue REALLY require a "Bad Guy" thread?? What are 1000 crickets maybe $15bux these days.. Honestly??

~ Mike Russo
They are 3/4 by now.

Old 10-16-2009, 12:25 AM   #5
Littlelions
Is there some particular amount of money that you have to spend before you're allowed to get mad about not receiving what you paid for?
It's the fact that I don't like someone to not deliver what I ordered and then not make things right.
Meanwhile, I have to buy other feeders to use now, [/u]while these just take up space ,while I feed them and wait 2 weeks for them to reach usable size so they can be used as food.
If you can't figure-out that that's irritating, I can't help you.

Old 10-16-2009, 01:10 AM   #6
Chrisw
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRusso View Post

~ Mike Russo
BOI isnt about the price of the item but more of the quality of the service and transaction. I wont say premium crickets are bad guys but I have had some problems with them before.

Old 10-16-2009, 01:55 AM   #7
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlelions View Post
On Tuesday the 6th, I ordered 1000 1/2" crickets. On Friday evening, the order arrived, but the crickets were all smaller than 3/8" (remember, I ordered 1/2").
I sent them an email stating the problem and that I expected them to send me the size that I had ordered. This was Columbus Day weekend and they were already closed for Friday's workday, so I thought I'd hear back from them on Tuesday.
I received no email, so I called them Wednesday afternoon--got their answering machine--left my name, number and heard nothing until Thursday afternoon, when I got an email, asking me to call "Mike" at his Georgia phone number.
Against my better judgement, I called "Mike", a long-distance call for me.
Mike told me that crickets grow and it should only take another week and they'll be the size I had ordered.
I thought that was ridiculous, since I ordered crickets to feed now and these are too small for my pets.
After I continued insisting on a replacement, he offered to include 250 "extra" crickets with my next order and that shipping is expensive, so he would not send the crickets I need now.
I told him that that was a paltry offer and I would think 500 "extra" to be more reasonable.
"I'll make it 300.", he said," and that's the most I will do".
I laughed in disbelief and told him that that was unreasonable.
In my opinion, the mistake was entirely his company's and he should have been much more interested in resolving the problem.
I'm not the kind of person to yell or curse--which I did not--but this really made me so angry, because I feel that I have been cheated.
At no time was there even any apology from anyone, neither by email nor by phone.
He can keep his 300 crickets, as I definitely won't take the chance of getting burnt twice.
I'll spend my money with a better supplier--one who knows the meaning of the words customer service.
Hello Kettle, this is Pot, you're black.

But for the sake of argument please post the e-mails (with headers please), what time you made your order [remember, when you ordered 1/2"] and while we are at it what you are feeding.

Old 10-16-2009, 02:17 AM   #8
hhmoore
What would your response have been if the crickets you received had been over 5/8" when you ordered 1/2 inch?
I don't work with bug eaters, and haven't in a long time...but, with most herps, a prey item that is a little smaller than you want is preferable to one that is bigger than you want. Too big, and it is unusable. Too small, well, it might be inconvenient, but they can still be used.
I can understand being displeased - I've gotten smaller than ordered feeders before, so I can relate - at least, in your case, they are alive, and will grow to the ordered size pretty quickly unless you feed them all off before then.

(btw - if you want to correct the name in your User Profile, send a PM to WebSlave with the request.)

Old 10-16-2009, 08:23 AM   #9
MikeRusso
Look I am not saying that there is a minimum dollor amount in order to post, but, if you can skip lunch to save up the money for your "loss" then why bother taking up the time and band with to complain about it here on the BOI?? OK, so your crickets showed up a little small, feed them out, choose another one of the 200 insect dealers and move on..

I have never done business with these guys and I don't know who they are, but are they really "Bad Guys" because they shipped out crickes that were a but too small?? All I am saying is let's be reasonable here kids!!

~ Mike Russo

Old 10-16-2009, 09:03 AM   #10
MikeCurtin
I'd have to agree with the others. An "info" thread may have been warranted, but even that's a stretch. This guy's in business to make money, and has agreed to send you out 300 extra crickets. Most suppliers would have told you that sizes vary, and the closest they can get is an approximation, and that you're on your own.

If you feel it's necessary, I'd suggest trying a few other dealers, but you may very well find yourself coming back to Premium Crickets.

BTW, has he been notified of this thread?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!