Bad Guy Premium Crickets - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-16-2009, 09:03 AM   #11
TripleMoonsExotic
I don't think it matters if it was crickets or it was $500+ reptiles. The item(s) was not delivered as advertised. When contacted, the seller would not provide a satisfactory solution, instead expecting the buyer to raise them up to size (which would be the sellers job).

While I personally would have made the title "INFO," Katherine has a valid complaint and shouldn't be condescended for the purchase price.

Old 10-16-2009, 09:06 AM   #12
LauraB
Quote:
Meanwhile, I have to buy other feeders to use now, while these just take up space ,while I feed them and wait 2 weeks for them to reach usable size so they can be used as food.
No, you don't have to buy other feeders. I bet your little pets won't even know the difference - they'll eat the 3/8" crix just as readily as they would 1/2".
Anyone who's kept bug-eaters for any length of time has had to settle for too-small or too-large from time to time. It happens. We adapt, we survive.

And as Harald already pointed out, better too small than too large.

Old 10-16-2009, 10:06 AM   #13
MikeCurtin
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleMoonsExotic View Post
I don't think it matters if it was crickets or it was $500+ reptiles. The item(s) was not delivered as advertised. When contacted, the seller would not provide a satisfactory solution, instead expecting the buyer to raise them up to size (which would be the sellers job).

While I personally would have made the title "INFO," Katherine has a valid complaint and shouldn't be condescended for the purchase price.
There is a difference between a "satisfactory" solution (as per the customer), and a reasonable one. 500 free crickets because the original ones were a little small does not seem reasonable.

Old 10-16-2009, 10:26 AM   #14
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCurtin View Post
There is a difference between a "satisfactory" solution (as per the customer), and a reasonable one. 500 free crickets because the original ones were a little small does not seem reasonable.
That would be true if the seller was offering 500 free crickets. He wasn't. Reread her post.

Old 10-16-2009, 10:27 AM   #15
MikeRusso
I don't even think this qualifies as an "Info Thread" .. In my opinion this is more of an.. OK, these crickets arrived a little too small AND this nice company has agreed to give me 300 FREE crickets on my next order!! And, life goes on type of case!

The good news here is that if this is all she has to complain about in life then things are going pretty good for her!

~ Mike Russo

Old 10-16-2009, 10:33 AM   #16
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleMoonsExotic View Post
That would be true if the seller was offering 500 free crickets. He wasn't. Reread her post.
Disregard. I misread your post.

I feel differently then you do. I can't say one way or another what she is entitled to. It's an interesting circumstance, and the buyer is not satisifed. She is entitled to post her experience and opinion. No matter what, she did not get what was advertised.

I don't think she should be made to feel her purchase isn't high dollar enough to be posted here on the BOI. That is what bothered me. That was my whole point in responding to this thread. The purpose of the BOI is to share your experience, not to share your experience and then be degraded by members.

The BOI will be gone if members don't step up, clean up and contribute. Keep that in mind when you are making posts here.

Old 10-16-2009, 11:15 AM   #17
critical bill
What a cheap and petty complaint - right down to the whining about a single long distance call. I could see being upset if I were told to send Mike a smoke signal, meaning that basically I was being told to blow it out my ass, but isn't a phone call a very common and decent and appropriate way to communicate and handle business anymore? This is actually a cause for complaint?

Old 10-16-2009, 11:54 AM   #18
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlelions View Post
On Tuesday the 6th, I ordered 1000 1/2" crickets. On Friday evening, the order arrived, but the crickets were all smaller than 3/8" (remember, I ordered 1/2").
So, let's see if I can paint a picture with what information you have provided. I can only guess your order was made after their cut off time to be able to send them out that day (Tuesday). Guessing the cricket company is located in Georgia (your long distance call comment below) and your location posted here stating New York, you would be a 2 day ground transit. So...

Quote:
I sent them an email stating the problem and that I expected them to send me the size that I had ordered. This was Columbus Day weekend and they were already closed for Friday's workday, so I thought I'd hear back from them on Tuesday.
I received no email, so I called them Wednesday afternoon--got their answering machine--left my name, number and heard nothing until Thursday afternoon, when I got an email, asking me to call "Mike" at his Georgia phone number.
You acknowledge the Holiday weekend. With that understood (or am I giving you more credit then deserved?), wouldn't you think they would be exceptionally busier on the first day back? Having a shortened work week they would now have one less day to send out the orders they would have normally shipped out during a regular work week and the remaining days would also be busier.

I'm only guessing since you have not posted the e-mails or the time when your call was made (afternoon is rather vague).

Quote:
Against my better judgement, I called "Mike", a long-distance call for me.
Mike told me that crickets grow and it should only take another week and they'll be the size I had ordered.
And if you have them properly set up it may even be less than a week. Please explain how you set up your crickets and again what you are feeding.

Quote:
I thought that was ridiculous, since I ordered crickets to feed now and these are too small for my pets.
Oh horse crap! Get real. If 1/16" to 1/8" of an inch makes it too small for your critter(s) to eat then you are feeding too small of a prey item.

Quote:
After I continued insisting on a replacement, he offered to include 250 "extra" crickets with my next order and that shipping is expensive, so he would not send the crickets I need now.
I told him that that was a paltry offer and I would think 500 "extra" to be more reasonable.
"I'll make it 300.", he said," and that's the most I will do".
I laughed in disbelief and told him that that was unreasonable.
Please refer to my previous pot / kettle comment.

Quote:
In my opinion, the mistake was entirely his company's and he should have been much more interested in resolving the problem.
I'm not the kind of person to yell or curse--which I did not--but this really made me so angry, because I feel that I have been cheated.
At no time was there even any apology from anyone, neither by email nor by phone.
He can keep his 300 crickets, as I definitely won't take the chance of getting burnt twice.
I'll spend my money with a better supplier--one who knows the meaning of the words customer service.
You state it was a mistake and yet claim to have been burnt. Which is it? They offer to give you an additional 25%+ to make up for the MISTAKE, you refuse that and they are unreasonable.

BTW, most cricket companies measure by volume or weight and in either case your smaller than desired size would likely have equated to a higher count. In all fairness you owe them for the over count then.

Old 10-16-2009, 12:07 PM   #19
Briscoe007
I don't like to get into these things, but I am going to throw something simple out.

1. I expect to get the product that was advertised and that I agreed to pay for. If I don't I expect for the seller to reconcile the situation by either resending the correct item immediatly at his/her expense or to give me a refund. If they are not willing to do this I want to know about it. Price doesn't matter. It is a customer service/misrepresentation issue.

2. Katherine, I think that you should post the times of your phone calls and any link your emails in order to help validate your side of things.

Eric Briscoe

Old 10-16-2009, 12:47 PM   #20
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Briscoe007 View Post
I expect to get the product that was advertised and that I agreed to pay for. If I don't I expect for the seller to reconcile the situation by either resending the correct item immediatly at his/her expense or to give me a refund. If they are not willing to do this I want to know about it. Price doesn't matter. It is a customer service/misrepresentation issue.
I believe everyone here is in agreement with this. But, it is not like she was buying tires for her car and the wrong size was sent and they are expecting her to buy another set and then offering to throw in the spare for free (damn good analogy if I have to say so myself ). She receive a product she could and I'm sure did use. They offered an additional amount to the next order to make good on the MISTAKE. Had they agreed to the 500 she wanted do you think this thread would have been posted?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!