Bad Guy Premium Crickets - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-16-2009, 10:21 PM   #31
Littlelions
DandD, while you directly question my ability to comprehend simple concepts---you, and a surprising number of others, apparently had some serious difficulty reading and understanding my post.
I will clarify the already clear points which seem to have been major stumbling blocks:
I stated,"the crickets were all smaller than 3/8" "
That means that they weren't even 3/8" of an inch--NOT that they were 3/8". Truthfully, though, there were less than a dozen that were actually 3/8--so you can consider that deceitful, if you'd like.
Additionally, DanD stated,"she is complaining at best of an 1/8" of an inch difference in size."
Again, if you had read the original post, the crickets were smaller than 3/8.
That means that the smallest difference was greater than 1/8".
FWIW, I have not been able to use a single cricket, yet because they're still too small
I had thought it was wisest to order the smallest size my pets will eat, since they wouldn't be consuming them all in one week and I wouldn't be stuck with alot of too large a size or ones that had finished-out their normal lifespan.
That would have worked, had I gotten what I'd ordered.
Since DanD is fond of analogies, here's one: What if you ordered a pair of size shoes for your son and instead received size 9. The seller tells you," Be reasonable--your son is still growing. He'll be able to wear the size 9s before long."
He's right, but does that make you any happier about getting the size 9s by mistake?
The replies to my original post remind me of the child's game "Telephone", where one person whispers something into the person next to them's ear and is then supposed to whisper it to the next person.
By the time the last person gets the message, it has been so changed that it makes everyone laugh.
For example:
Quote:
As far as the shipping goes: If it is impossible to ship on the day of the mistake the seller who makes a mistake should at least offer to ship the correct order on the first possible day.
Huh? Where did that that come from? I never said anything about expecting an immediate replacement nor was a replacement ever offered.
I DID really expect to receive a replacement with the correct size and stated so in my email.
I neither embellished nor omitted relevant details--with the lone exception of not explicitly stating that I did have to purchase additional feeders for my pets, because the ones I had received were too small to use.
I really didn't think that it was too difficult to reach that conclusion from reading my post and didn't suspect that I had to literally spell-it-out.
If you think that I am incredibly dense, impatient, unreasonable, extremely cheap, unable to use a simple ruler to measure things, dishonest, whiny, petty, insane (all either actually posted or implied and I left a few out) and you can add whatever other derogatory comments you'd like, just to titillate yourselves--why would you even bother wasting your time replying to such a post, when clearly you must think that everyone else sees things as you do and that the OP is obviously beyond any help?
Yes, Briscoe007, you were correct in using your ability to reason to believe that I did have to go and buy feeders for my pets to eat, until the crickets grow enough.
It was refreshing to read the replies by TripleMoonsExotic, who certainly "got the point" and posted
Quote:
I don't think it matters if it was crickets or it was $500+ reptiles. The item(s) was not delivered as advertised. When contacted, the seller would not provide a satisfactory solution, instead expecting the buyer to raise them up to size (which would be the sellers job).
AND Briscoe007, who was able to logically deduce the fact that I had to go buy feeders for my pets to eat, until the crickets grow enough.

I posted the details of my experience as a means of telling others that I was dissatisfied with Premium Crickets and why.
If people actually read what I posted, they can decide for themselves whether or not that is a situation that they would mind being in and whether or not they would be irritated.
As for "the other side of the story", I truly don't think Mike would dispute anything. Why would he? He apparently felt that his "offer" was reasonable. I clearly disagree. Maybe Mike thinks I'm lying about the cricket size because he believes his people never makes mistakes. If so, he didn't mention it.
Doesn't matter to me, though. I know that I'm truthful and that my disatisfaction is justified. There's no way to prove it to any of you or to him.
FYI, I emailed another supplier and asked them what they would do if a customer ordered 1/2" crickets but received 3/8" instead. (Remember, I had received SMALLER THAN 3/8)
The OTHER supplier told me that they would send out a new order for the correct size, ASAP, without any further cost to the customer.

If you can guess that I will never order from Premium Crickets again and will instead go with the supplier who shows integrity and presents a very businesslike resolution of a problem, then you're right.
What I won't do is waste any more of my time with this.
You guys either don't believe me or think the points I've made are all moot.
Despite my insanity and stupidity, I've concluded that anything more would be a waste of my time.
I do need to apologize to Ed Clark, though.
Sorry, but even though you've called me a tight ass, insane, unreasonable and that I tried to "squeeze" more crickets out of them--I have to confess that, no, I didn't count the crickets --but the ridiculousness of your bizarrely angry post did give me a very good laugh
I'm certainly not going to post my email with full headers, as suggested by Dand. A computer-savvy person can fake emails and their headers, and anyone can make-up whatever time they place a phone call. I'm not going to post a copy of my next phone bill, either.
What's the point? The only lack of timeliness was when it came time for them to respond to me to attempt to resolve a problem.
If you don't choose to believe that I have provided a truthful accounting of the events, there's nothing that I can do to convince you otherwise.
I suspect that if I posted a picture of the crickets on top of a ruler, I'd either be accused of Photoshopping the pic or that I went out and bought tiny crickets for the picture or that the one(s) in the picture were the smallest with the rest being much bigger.
Clearly, you guys are seriously po'd for reasons that are your own.
Mike Russo, I disagree with everything you said, EXCEPT for the following:
"The good news here is that if this is all she has to complain about in life then things are going pretty good for her!"
Amen to that.

Old 10-16-2009, 10:39 PM   #32
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Briscoe007 View Post
I'll respect your opinion on company policy, but I think that if the company doesn't send me what I ordered that in fact they were the ones who did not follow policy by not sending what I ordered.
Its really not my opinion, its a fact. The policy is there for customers to read and understand how situations are dealt with when a situation such as this might arise.

Old 10-16-2009, 11:43 PM   #33
Casey Hulse
wow!
Can you post a picture of a dead cricket next to a tape measure, so we can all see how bad these people were? Better, post a picture of a bunch of them. Did they send you 1000? If they were measured by volume, and they were on the small size, you probably got 1500 crickets.
Can you count the remaining crickets, add the number you fed off, add any unknown escapees, and also any dead (don't count shed skins) and let us know how many crickets you received? I would have asked for at least 547 crickets free, 300 was a paltry offer for sure.......

Old 10-17-2009, 12:40 AM   #34
critical bill
Holy crap to post #31. The bible is a quicker read.

Old 10-17-2009, 01:26 AM   #35
Ed Clark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlelions View Post
DandD, while you directly question my ability to comprehend simple concepts---you, and a surprising number of others, apparently had some serious difficulty reading and understanding my post.
I will clarify the already clear points which seem to have been major stumbling blocks:
I stated,"the crickets were all smaller than 3/8" "
That means that they weren't even 3/8" of an inch--NOT that they were 3/8". Truthfully, though, there were less than a dozen that were actually 3/8--so you can consider that deceitful, if you'd like.
Additionally, DanD stated,"she is complaining at best of an 1/8" of an inch difference in size."
Again, if you had read the original post, the crickets were smaller than 3/8.
That means that the smallest difference was greater than 1/8".
FWIW, I have not been able to use a single cricket, yet because they're still too small
I had thought it was wisest to order the smallest size my pets will eat, since they wouldn't be consuming them all in one week and I wouldn't be stuck with alot of too large a size or ones that had finished-out their normal lifespan.
That would have worked, had I gotten what I'd ordered.
Since DanD is fond of analogies, here's one: What if you ordered a pair of size shoes for your son and instead received size 9. The seller tells you," Be reasonable--your son is still growing. He'll be able to wear the size 9s before long."
He's right, but does that make you any happier about getting the size 9s by mistake?
The replies to my original post remind me of the child's game "Telephone", where one person whispers something into the person next to them's ear and is then supposed to whisper it to the next person.
By the time the last person gets the message, it has been so changed that it makes everyone laugh.
For example:
Huh? Where did that that come from? I never said anything about expecting an immediate replacement nor was a replacement ever offered.
I DID really expect to receive a replacement with the correct size and stated so in my email.
I neither embellished nor omitted relevant details--with the lone exception of not explicitly stating that I did have to purchase additional feeders for my pets, because the ones I had received were too small to use.
I really didn't think that it was too difficult to reach that conclusion from reading my post and didn't suspect that I had to literally spell-it-out.
If you think that I am incredibly dense, impatient, unreasonable, extremely cheap, unable to use a simple ruler to measure things, dishonest, whiny, petty, insane (all either actually posted or implied and I left a few out) and you can add whatever other derogatory comments you'd like, just to titillate yourselves--why would you even bother wasting your time replying to such a post, when clearly you must think that everyone else sees things as you do and that the OP is obviously beyond any help?
Yes, Briscoe007, you were correct in using your ability to reason to believe that I did have to go and buy feeders for my pets to eat, until the crickets grow enough.
It was refreshing to read the replies by TripleMoonsExotic, who certainly "got the point" and posted
AND Briscoe007, who was able to logically deduce the fact that I had to go buy feeders for my pets to eat, until the crickets grow enough.

I posted the details of my experience as a means of telling others that I was dissatisfied with Premium Crickets and why.
If people actually read what I posted, they can decide for themselves whether or not that is a situation that they would mind being in and whether or not they would be irritated.
As for "the other side of the story", I truly don't think Mike would dispute anything. Why would he? He apparently felt that his "offer" was reasonable. I clearly disagree. Maybe Mike thinks I'm lying about the cricket size because he believes his people never makes mistakes. If so, he didn't mention it.
Doesn't matter to me, though. I know that I'm truthful and that my disatisfaction is justified. There's no way to prove it to any of you or to him.
FYI, I emailed another supplier and asked them what they would do if a customer ordered 1/2" crickets but received 3/8" instead. (Remember, I had received SMALLER THAN 3/8)
The OTHER supplier told me that they would send out a new order for the correct size, ASAP, without any further cost to the customer.

If you can guess that I will never order from Premium Crickets again and will instead go with the supplier who shows integrity and presents a very businesslike resolution of a problem, then you're right.
What I won't do is waste any more of my time with this.
You guys either don't believe me or think the points I've made are all moot.
Despite my insanity and stupidity, I've concluded that anything more would be a waste of my time.
I do need to apologize to Ed Clark, though.
Sorry, but even though you've called me a tight ass, insane, unreasonable and that I tried to "squeeze" more crickets out of them--I have to confess that, no, I didn't count the crickets --but the ridiculousness of your bizarrely angry post did give me a very good laugh
I'm certainly not going to post my email with full headers, as suggested by Dand. A computer-savvy person can fake emails and their headers, and anyone can make-up whatever time they place a phone call. I'm not going to post a copy of my next phone bill, either.
What's the point? The only lack of timeliness was when it came time for them to respond to me to attempt to resolve a problem.
If you don't choose to believe that I have provided a truthful accounting of the events, there's nothing that I can do to convince you otherwise.
I suspect that if I posted a picture of the crickets on top of a ruler, I'd either be accused of Photoshopping the pic or that I went out and bought tiny crickets for the picture or that the one(s) in the picture were the smallest with the rest being much bigger.
Clearly, you guys are seriously po'd for reasons that are your own.
Mike Russo, I disagree with everything you said, EXCEPT for the following:
"The good news here is that if this is all she has to complain about in life then things are going pretty good for her!"
Amen to that.
LOL, all this over a box of live crickets that were a hair undersize.

Old 10-17-2009, 04:00 AM   #36
DAND
Quote:
I am incredibly dense, impatient, unreasonable, extremely cheap, unable to use a simple ruler to measure things, dishonest, whiny, petty, insane (and I left a few out) and obviously beyond any help
That about sums it up.
Quote:
Well, were I another cricket supplier I would certainly be hesitant and more than likely I would refuse to sell you anything after being sent that e-mail. I happen to know of one cricket company I will certainly be giving your name to though.

Quote:
Yet you continue to post.

Quote:
I'm certainly not going to post my email with full headers. I'm not going to post a copy of my next phone bill, either.
What's the point?
Odd how you have also chosen ignore and not answer the questions of how you have them (the crickets - wanted to clarify that so as to not confuse you) set up (i.e. temperature, food and water sources), what you are feeding (again to clarify - what you are feeding the crickets to), or if you have ever ordered from this company before or is the first time (please let me know if you need further clarification on that one)?

Quote:
Um, you haven't provided any proof, are refusing to do so and want to be believed. It doesn't work that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey Hulse View Post
wow!
Can you post a picture of a dead cricket next to a tape measure, so we can all see how bad these people were? Better, post a picture of a bunch of them. Did they send you 1000? If they were measured by volume, and they were on the small size, you probably got 1500 crickets.

Can you count the remaining crickets, add the number you fed off, add any unknown escapees, and also any dead (don't count shed skins) and let us know how many crickets you received? I would have asked for at least 547 crickets free, 300 was a paltry offer for sure.......
You are asking way too much there Casey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by critical bill View Post
Holy crap to post #31. The bible is a quicker read.
And more believable. I have provided the cliff notes above.

Old 10-17-2009, 08:37 AM   #37
Briscoe007
Katherine there is always another side of the story. If I were telling it myself I would not be able to help but to leave some things out.

You and Mike are on opposite sides of the situation. It is like staring at coin a from 2 different sides. Many things will be described the same, but one person is going to see the heads side and the other is going to see the tails side.

I didn't mean to suggest that anyone was being dishonest or anything of the sort. Frankly, how could I know?

Also, all those of you who say that this is not a legit bad guy post. Katherine followed the fauna rules and was able to post it. So, obviously it is legit. You may not like it and may wish she hadn't posted it, but none the less under fauna rules it is legit.

Old 10-17-2009, 08:39 AM   #38
Littlelions
Dand, I've decided that it is worth my time to waste more server space on this

..to address you.

I completely respect everyone's right to disagree, but the barrage of insults and insinuations is what compelled the lengthiest reply.
My bad.

Anyway, DanD
Quote:
Odd how you have also chosen ignore and not answer the questions of how you have them (the crickets - wanted to clarify that so as to not confuse you) set up (i.e. temperature, food and water sources), what you are feeding (again to clarify - what you are feeding the crickets to), or if you have ever ordered from this company before or is the first time (please let me know if you need further clarification on that one)?
What difference does any of that make to a seller not delivering what I ordered?
I'm not raising crickets for a living, that's his job.
The reason for my complaint was that I ordered one size, received another and wasn't happy with the seller's proposed resolution.

Quote:
But for the sake of argument please post the e-mails (with headers please), what time you made your order [remember, when you ordered 1/2"] and while we are at it what you are feeding.
Again, the reason for my complaint was that I ordered one size, received another and wasn't happy with the seller's proposed resolution.
How does any email, time of order or what I'm feeding bear any relevance to that?
Yes, I understand that things might be done to help them grow faster (temperatures,foods, etc). Moot point--since I needed them larger at the time of receipt--but had to buy other feeders then--which is also moot--since my point was that I didn't receive the size I had ordered and felt that the seller was unreasonable.
I'm not interested in becoming an expert at cricket husbandry.
I'd rather just buy them and yes, I do expect to get exactly what I ordered.
If that's unreasonable in your opinion, that's OK. You have as much right to your opinions as I have to mine.
I just don't feel the need to insult anyone when I disagree--not even the seller, with whom I am unhappy.

Old 10-17-2009, 08:51 AM   #39
Briscoe007
Chuck you are funny. Teasing me with semantics. Its true it is not your opinion. Their policy is there for everyone to read. But really which is first:
1. Ship the item that the seller ordered or
2. Follow shipping policies strictly even if you (whoever he seller is) sent the wrong thing to begin with.
I am pretty sure that it is logical to get step one first. How is a customer expected to respect a stores shipping policies if the store doesn't even ship the correct item? I also don't see where she was offered a replacement with any shipping date, which she should have been offered.

Old 10-17-2009, 11:17 AM   #40
critical bill
Quote:
Chuck you are funny. Teasing me with semantics. Its true it is not your opinion. Their policy is there for everyone to read. But really which is first:
1. Ship the item that the seller ordered or
2. Follow shipping policies strictly even if you (whoever he seller is) sent the wrong thing to begin with.

I am pretty sure that it is logical to get step one first.
Their policy is very clear and concise, so I have no desire to tease you or argue with you over semantics. It is what it is.

Quote:
How is a customer expected to respect a stores shipping policies if the store doesn't even ship the correct item?
1) By reading the policy prior to placing your order.

2) Accepting the policies terms of resolution offered in the event of a mistake.

3) Accepting that mistakes do happen, and respectfully declining to make a purchase because the policy does not meet to your satisfaction in the event a mistake should happen.

*They call that making an informed decision.

Quote:
I also don't see where she was offered a replacement with any shipping date, which she should have been offered.
Its in her very first post. She was offered compensation on her next order.

-------------------
"After I continued insisting on a replacement, he offered to include 250 "extra" crickets with my next order"
------------------

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!