Bad Guy Robert Ringhoff of PA, - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-05-2011, 05:37 PM   #1
SuperMorph
Angry Robert Ringhoff of PA,

Everyone beware of Robert Ringhoff of East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania! I just made a snake deal with him and is the WORST deal that I have been involved in so far in the few years that I have been a ball python enthusiast. Robert was supposed to sell me 16 ball pythons total for $2,000. I thought it was a good deal, but they always say that if a deal is too good to be true it usually is.

This is what I was supposed to get from him:

0.3 Normals 1800g each
0.1 Granite 1800g
1.1 Ghost 800g/1780g
1.2 Pastel 1000g/1060g/1200g
1.1 Cinny 600g/1000g
1.0 Spider 700g
1.1 Mojave 210g/260g
1.1 Lesser 800g/1000g

Looks like a great deal, right? Here is what I am missing:

2 female normals 1800g
1 female Granite 1800g
1 male Ghost 800g
1 female Ghost 1780
2 female pastels 1060g, 1200g
1 male mojave 210g
1 female mojave 160-260g
1 male lesser 800g
1 female lesser 1000g

I did receive two other pastels that are both males, two supposedly het ghosts that are both males, and a normal male less than 600g. I paid with paypal and thought it would be a great way to get my money back if such a problem occurred. I called paypal before making a payment and they said that I am protected as long as I don't send the money to him as a "gift". Now that I have a problem, paypal closed the case in his favor saying I didn't send the money correctly even though I did it under their advisement. Now there is an appeal to the bs decision and paypal also gave me some links for the internet crimes unit and so forth. Now I will start sending info through that route to hopefully get some better outcome if paypal screws me over, too.

I originally came in contact with Robert when he purchased a spider ball from me a few months ago. He seems like a nice guy, but will annoy the hell out of you with many long phone conversations and short emails with no punctuation. He also blames most or all of his problems or misfortunes on his wife.

All in all, STAY AWAY FROM ROBERT RINGHOFF!!! I will be posting emails that I have with Robert shortly. Oh, the snake list of what I was supposed to receive doesn't match the one that he fabricated to paypal this morning. He also won't take any of my phone calls and won't even set up his voicemail on his phone.

Old 03-05-2011, 06:09 PM   #2
Utta
post all the proof you can please, the list of snakes he told paypal, what you were supposed to receive, everything.

Old 03-05-2011, 07:28 PM   #3
Amelanistic Orca
$2K on the original list is a straight up scam.. Bet you won't do that again?? Sorry to be mean.. Gettin' tired of all the stuff I see on here.... Four of the snake's on that list are worth the $2K.. 12-13 for free?? C'mon now.. No sympathy outta Az.. Sorry my friend..

Old 03-05-2011, 07:33 PM   #4
SuperMorph
Here is Robert's original list of ball pythons. Everything looks clear to me, no hets, no male normals. Then he added a pair of lessers over the phone.

Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2011 17:13:18 -0800 (PST)
To: jwilliams461@cox.net

Ok this is what i have spider m 700g $150 cinnine m 600g $100 cinnie f 1000g
$100 mojave m 210g $100 mojave f 260g $150 pastel m 1000g $100 pastel f 1060g
$200 norm f 1800g $100each there 3 granite f 1800g $100 ghost m 800g $100 ghost
f 1780g $150

Another email

Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 19:27:51 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Snakes

the snakes you have in the list is right and the lessers as well but it would be
for $2000 not $1900 i will send some pic
Sent: Mon, February 14, 2011 1:42:21 PM
Subject: Snakes

Rob-

Can you send me a few pics of some of the snakes? Mainly pics of the females is
what I am interested in when you get a chance. My other friend does want the
female mojave like I knew he would. Lucky for him that he is working overtime
right now to pay for her.

Thanks,
Jason

This is a list of everything just for our record:
0.3 Normals 1800g each
0.1 Granite 1800g
1.1 Ghost 800g/1780g
1.1 Cinny 600g/1000g
1.0 Spider 700g
1.1 Mojave 210g/260g
All 14 bp's for $1600 shipped

Possibly add 1.1 Lesser 800g/1000g for a total of $1900 shipped for 16 bp's. I
hope everything works out. I am going to have to move fast with the males to
get some of my money back to pay some bills and get a rodent food order put in.

Here is another email that he sent me after he was screwing around and not sending me the snakes through Delta. He was mad when I went to Paypal to get my money back. I originally was supposed to receive the snakes on Monday, then it was Tuesday. Then I didn't receive anything and started the process to get my money back.

Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2011 19:43:34 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Snakes

Ok the plane is 3872 it will come in at 1131pm i did get a e-mail from paypal
you need to stop what you did thay took money out of my paypal so you need to
stop the dispute friday march 4th you will have the snakes thanks
Sent: Mon, February 14, 2011 1:42:21 PM
Subject: Snakes

Rob-

Can you send me a few pics of some of the snakes? Mainly pics of the females is
what I am interested in when you get a chance. My other friend does want the
female mojave like I knew he would. Lucky for him that he is working overtime
right now to pay for her.

Thanks,
Jason

This is a list of everything just for our record:
0.3 Normals 1800g each
0.1 Granite 1800g
1.1 Ghost 800g/1780g
1.1 Cinny 600g/1000g
1.0 Spider 700g
1.1 Mojave 210g/260g
All 14 bp's for $1600 shipped

Possibly add 1.1 Lesser 800g/1000g for a total of $1900 shipped for 16 bp's. I
hope everything works out. I am going to have to move fast with the males to
get some of my money back to pay some bills and get a rodent food order put in.

The pics that Robert sent were some of the crappiest pics that I have received. He said the pics were of some of the snakes that he had put on the scale so I could see their actual weight. Some didn't show anything except a small part of the body. His excuse for that was that he had problems loading them on the computer. Only one pic showed the snake and the weight. How can that be screwed up? He did take a pic of one of the mojaves and I didn't even receive either of the mojaves that I should.

Old 03-05-2011, 07:55 PM   #5
SuperMorph
I wouldn't say that you sound mean or unsympathetic, Tom, but you are making it sound like it's my fault that Paypal isn't giving me the refund. They had already taken the money away or froze it from Robert and I think that is what made him decide to screw me more. Plus, I don't think Robert is smart enough to tell male from female, I think he just takes people's word for it. He supposedly just bought this group of snakes when it had others with it and he was selling off the stuff his wife supposedly wouldn't let him keep because his numbers are getting too high.

Half of those snakes can't be sold for more than $100 each anyway unless you go by your over pricing method. I am sure you would sell a male ghost for $800, but I sold six this year and they all were $75 to $205 each. I just can't do the mark up that you do. Fortunately, I have not purchased any snakes from you because you sound like a jerk. I am sure you have never been cheated in this business.

Old 03-05-2011, 08:09 PM   #6
Amelanistic Orca
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMorph View Post
I wouldn't say that you sound mean or unsympathetic, Tom, but you are making it sound like it's my fault that Paypal isn't giving me the refund. They had already taken the money away or froze it from Robert and I think that is what made him decide to screw me more. Plus, I don't think Robert is smart enough to tell male from female, I think he just takes people's word for it. He supposedly just bought this group of snakes when it had others with it and he was selling off the stuff his wife supposedly wouldn't let him keep because his numbers are getting too high.

Half of those snakes can't be sold for more than $100 each anyway unless you go by your over pricing method. I am sure you would sell a male ghost for $800, but I sold six this year and they all were $75 to $205 each. I just can't do the mark up that you do. Fortunately, I have not purchased any snakes from you because you sound like a jerk. I am sure you have never been cheated in this business.
Hey Jason; go for what ya know!! If you think that original list was worth $2k; I'll come right out and say it; short shelf life fer ya my man..

And..... Just for what it's worth for your future; buying snake's and reptile's is scarier than doing a used car tranny.. Think about for a bit and you'll you'll get my arrogant drift... Sorry it had to happen to ya.. But; I'll tell ya what; anybody who's done this for a minute or ten or 20 years would tell ya this; ya ain't getting that original list for $2k.. Once again; sorry..

Old 03-05-2011, 08:30 PM   #7
bullies&balls
Not sure wha tur point on this is TP. The man paid for said animals, didn't get said animals and is posting the problem. Period, end of point. That is what this site is for. Did it look like a "to good to be true group" yes it did, but that is not what ths thread is about.

Old 03-05-2011, 10:26 PM   #8
SuperMorph
I have said it before and I will say it again, if it is too good to be true it usually is. I know that was supposed to be a great deal that doesn't come hardly at all. I have purchased many animals many times and there has been a problem or two. The difference is that I was able to work with the person to resolve. This person right away would not take my calls, not even for me to let him know that the snakes arrived alive. He already knew how he was going to screw me over. The over all main issue is that I paid with Paypal and they are not backing me up like they should. I don't know what Robert allegedly said to them, but they have not released that info to me in writing, only on the phone and limited. Paypal told me I am covered as long as I don't send him the money as a gift. I did not send the money as a gift and they are not backing me up like they should.

Tom, I don't expect you to reveal how many people you have made a killing on selling animals under any circumstances or how many great package deals you have purchased to flip. This wasn't my first snake deal by any means and I don't necessarily consider myself to be that much of an amateur. I have purchased $2000 worth of snakes for less than $700 with absolutely no problems; there are more 'deals' that I can pointlessly list as well. I am in this not just for a hobby, but hoping to have a nice, small at home business. I would imagine that you and I would have similar goals in respect to the industry, but trying to bash on me because I am essentially trying to warn people of a scam artist is ridiculous to say the least.

Old 03-05-2011, 10:47 PM   #9
Amelanistic Orca
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Pecanic View Post
$2K on the original list is a straight up scam.. Bet you won't do that again?? Sorry to be mean.. Gettin' tired of all the stuff I see on here.... Four of the snake's on that list are worth the $2K.. 12-13 for free?? C'mon now.. No sympathy outta Az.. Sorry my friend..
Pretty cut n dry?? Did you wanna question me and my reputation now or what??

Old 03-05-2011, 11:21 PM   #10
Paige n' James
Jason,
I saw where he sent you a few of the snakes. Do you have any kind of response from him to why he didn't send the rest?

I saw he bought a spider from you was that from this site?
Is he active here? Have you told him about this thread?

V/R Paige

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!