Bad Guy Robert Ringhoff of PA, - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-07-2011, 09:21 PM   #41
garweft
Sex Offender Won't Be Going Back To Prison
May 21, 1993|The Morning Call
A 20-year-old East Stroudsburg man was sentenced this week for two sex offenses committed as a juvenile in Warren County in 1990 and 1991.

According to the county prosecutor's office, Robert Ringhoff, also known as Robert Burns Jr., was given suspended one-year sentences at the Jamesburg youth reformatory in both cases and placed on a year's probation. The sentences are concurrent.

Officials had charged Ringhoff sexually assaulted an 8-year-old girl while he was in foster care in Pohatcong Township on March 4, 1991. Ringhoff also improperly touched a 9-year-old boy in Phillipsburg in the summer of 1990. Ringhoff admitted to both crimes.

http://articles.mcall.com/1993-05-21...on-authorities

Old 03-07-2011, 11:36 PM   #42
LauraB
Nice job, Matthew.

To continue with the link:
http://articles.mcall.com/1993-05-21...on-authorities

May 21, 1993:
"Prosecutors were rejected last year in their attempts to have Ringhoff tried as an adult in connection with the 1991 case. The 1990 case came up while Ringhoff awaited sentencing for that crime, said Assistant Prosecutor James J. Janci.
As a condition of probation, County Judge John C. Stritehoff Jr. ordered specialized sexual abuse treatment with individual and group therapy to be monitored by Pennsylvania probation authorities. Ringhoff was given credit for 262 days spent in Warren Acres, the Warren County juvenile detention center.
Ringhoff said the case sends a message that there will be consequences for sex crimes, even for juvenile offenders."

Yes, it's old. Yes, it has no bearing on this situation. Yes, it does speak of his character, morals and ethics.

Jason ... what other info do you have, ie, email address?

Old 03-08-2011, 08:15 PM   #43
garweft
Plus it shows a known alias of Robert Burns Jr.

Old 03-08-2011, 08:21 PM   #44
scaledverts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraB View Post
Jason ... what other info do you have, ie, email address?

STILL waiting on that email. Jason, you have been asked to post the email here a number of times. If you want the BOI to serve its purpose, you need to get him HERE. Put up his email and one of the community will send him an email and try to get him to respond here. Otherwise, what is the point of the BOI?

Old 03-08-2011, 09:48 PM   #45
AbsoluteApril
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaledverts View Post
STILL waiting on that email. Jason, you have been asked to post the email here a number of times. If you want the BOI to serve its purpose, you need to get him HERE. Put up his email and one of the community will send him an email and try to get him to respond here. Otherwise, what is the point of the BOI?
Hi Kyle, I had PMd Jason regard the email address, he's waiting until Friday when the paypal investigation is expected to be complete.

Jason, hope you don't mind me saying this, just wanted to put it out there. I'll patiently await an update.

Old 03-08-2011, 11:20 PM   #46
Abish
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMorph View Post
It was a joint effort of Robert and paypal to completely screw me over on this. Paypal even told me that they can help me defraud people out of money just like they helped him, but they will only do it so many times till it becomes a known habit.
Really? You're claiming Paypal tried to strike up a little co-conspiracy with you?

Old 03-08-2011, 11:21 PM   #47
Abish
Quote:
I used paypal to have protection becaused paypal isn't just for ebay transactions. Like I said call paypal if you don't believe me. If you call paypal or read their user agreement you would know that you are protected on items that are beyond ebay. They do have a list of stuff or situations that are not under their protection, but I have not found anything that states they don't protect you on animals like I was told on the phone.
Another thing the BOI is good for is revealing how Paypal has reacted in situations like these a million times before.

Old 03-08-2011, 11:40 PM   #48
Southern Wolf
Quote:
He purposely kept several of the snakes. As far as the male/female part of it, I am not sure. Either way he won't accept any of my phone calls. He planned this. That is why I was glad to use paypal, but they are not doing their job to let me send back this junk so I can get my money back. I should know the outcome soon and I don't have a good feeling about it. I know crooks have gotten away with worse.

Thanks for the back up. I am not going to let ignorant, snobby people get to me. The guy doesn't even know who I am and tries to talk trash and put me down because I am warning people about a bad person. He has already lost at least a few possible future customers for acting that way.
Did you use money directly from your paypal account or did you use a credit card via paypal?

Old 03-09-2011, 03:18 AM   #49
SuperMorph
I used my bank account through paypal to pay Robert Ringhoff or Burns or whatever his name is now. I have tried calling him several more times since yesterday and no answer. Not sure what conspiracy you think paypal would have against me. That's not what I said or meant. Paypal can even help you defraud people out of money. It is easier than I thought as long as you are in their gray or prohibited area. I don't really have anything else to post on here until Friday evening unless I receive any emails. I have also filed a complaint with the FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center. Hopefully, they will forward the info that I have provided to the proper authorities in a timely manner. Doubt anything will come of it, but it is worth a shot. I had no idea that Robert was a 'sex offender'. I am pretty sure that was him in the article. I think he was born in '73 and the offenses say committed as a juvie; the article says 20 yo Robert in '93.

Old 03-10-2011, 04:30 PM   #50
SuperMorph
Looks like things are getting more ridiculous with Robert Ringhoff. He won't answer my calls and is now calling me from a withheld number, probably his number. I didn't recognize the pedophile's voice at first from how he was 'talking'. If anyone wants to contact him, here is his phone number: 570-350-5520. He called me and I can't say he was talking to me, but almost yelling. He was even talking over me and does not deny being a sex offender either. He is also threatening me with turning in my phone number for harassment. Now he calls and just hangs up on me. I did inform him about posting about him online and that I turned him over to the FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center. I can't work things out with this jerk if he purposefully scams people and won't work it out.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!