Bad Guy Robert Ringhoff of PA, - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-10-2011, 04:40 PM   #51
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMorph View Post
I used my bank account through paypal to pay Robert Ringhoff or Burns or whatever his name is now. I have tried calling him several more times since yesterday and no answer. Not sure what conspiracy you think paypal would have against me. That's not what I said or meant. Paypal can even help you defraud people out of money. It is easier than I thought as long as you are in their gray or prohibited area. I don't really have anything else to post on here until Friday evening unless I receive any emails. I have also filed a complaint with the FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center. Hopefully, they will forward the info that I have provided to the proper authorities in a timely manner. Doubt anything will come of it, but it is worth a shot. I had no idea that Robert was a 'sex offender'. I am pretty sure that was him in the article. I think he was born in '73 and the offenses say committed as a juvie; the article says 20 yo Robert in '93.
Take all your information to your bank.. they may be able to help you retrieve some of your funds since he didn't ship everything he was supposed to.

Old 03-10-2011, 08:26 PM   #52
SuperMorph
I have talked to the bank and they say something may or may not happen since they will have to talk to dead end paypal. That will just be another lengthy process to deal with on top of IC3. Regardless of how the animals were paid for, paypal will not back up their buyer protection guarantee. This is the first time that has happened to me.

Old 03-10-2011, 08:49 PM   #53
SuperMorph
Robert still won't take any of my calls. Now he is calling me from a withheld number and is threatening me for slander because someone posted about him being a pedophile. He also calls and hangs up on me and is trying to threaten me with harassment. That's also backwards since I haven't hung up on him one time. I am just trying to talk to him and work this stuff out, but that will not happen since he is a scammer. He has already called me six times today and only talked to me one time and left me one message since he was too much of a coward to talk to me. He was trying to throw in my face that paypal helped him commit fraud and that there is nothing that I can do about it (through paypal).

Looking at the animals that did come in we think the "breeder" cinny male may be blind. He won't move at all until your hand is an inch away from his face. Some of these snakes were so dehydrated that I have had to fill their waters at least twice already since Saturday. I am also surprised that not all of them are skinny from lack of food. What does Robert do to these animals??? What ever it is, it's not proper care. The more that I look at the spider male that arrived, the more I think it is the one that he bought from me a few months ago. So he even lied about that since he said it came from his 'friend'.

Once I know that for sure that I am stuck with these animals, pending the investigations, I am going to make sure I have them in top health and get them out of here. What I am going to do with all of these males??? I have three pastel males in the group since Robert can't tell male from female. Don't need those since I already have several pastel and super pastel males breeding. Before these came in, I was already planning on selling off most of the males, but I didn't plan on having so many extra males. There were more males in the group than females. Maybe Robert thinks he really did send me the correct sexed animals, but that still doesn't explain the little normal male, the missing normal females, and the missing mojaves and lessers.

Old 03-11-2011, 01:28 AM   #54
garweft
He sounds like a real piece of work. Anyway it wouldn't be slander, it would be libel since it is an a written form. And it wouldn't qualify anyway since it is 1) True, and 2) a matter of public record (ie. not a private fact).

He's just doing the typical cornered bad guy routine of threatening whatever he can hoping everything will go away. Too bad he's not man enough to own up to his errors and make things right.

Old 03-11-2011, 02:05 AM   #55
scaledverts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMorph View Post
I have talked to the bank and they say something may or may not happen since they will have to talk to dead end paypal. That will just be another lengthy process to deal with on top of IC3. Regardless of how the animals were paid for, paypal will not back up their buyer protection guarantee. This is the first time that has happened to me.
Unfortunately, this is not the first time I have heard, or even experienced, paypal not backing up their supposed buyer protection policy! I NEVER buy anything through paypal anymore that isn't through my credit card.

In any case, it sounds to me like you have exhausted the options you were waiting for. So, post his email here! Especially with him being belligerent with you now on the phone. If nothing else, his name will now be associated with a specific email address so people can be weary of him. Also, the membership here can contact him and inform him of the thread again and again.

Oh and yes, don't worry about any claims of legal action that he puts forth are all a bunch of in an attempt to shut you up! I would personally have no further telephone contact with him to make sure you have written evidence to post here.

Old 03-11-2011, 03:56 AM   #56
SuperMorph
I have listed the jerks phone number, but just in case here it is Robert Ringhoff 570-350-5520. He is now calling from a withheld number so he thinks that I don't know it's him. He's so smart. It is best to call him, but if you really want the email here it is robringhoff73@yahoo.com. I have already informed him that I was posting about the scam online. He already has had several possible communications about the boi. I am sure if he comes on here it will make the pedophile look worse.

I am not worried about the slander threat since I am not the one posting that public information on here anyway. I think the date of the article lines up with his age. Sad thing is that I think he has a wife of 8 years and a 6 year old son. I wonder if they know about his past history or his current scams??? I am not worried about the threat of harassment either since that jerk is the one calling me and hanging up or may actually speak to me to at least try to threaten me.

I have received a phone call from a paypal supervisor tonight. I was on the phone this time for an hour and they have taken down more information about the Ringhoff scam. They are looking more into his account, actually his wife's paypal account since she wears the pants, to see if there is more to see than just this instance of fraud. Either way, I still have more work to do to make sure I have everything in order. Paypal isn't sure that he will accept their calls at this point. It is a mess with paypal on this purchasing issue, but I know for sure next time IF I use paypal to use my visa card and make sure that it is labeled as a purchase of goods. There still wouldn't be a guarantee on paypals part unless there is a signed notorized contract for them to view (didn't know that either).

If anyone talks to the jerk, I am curious to hear how his lies are changing this far into it.

Old 03-11-2011, 04:03 AM   #57
SuperMorph
Oh, when I briefly was able to 'chat' with Robert today I told him about it being posted of him being a pedophile. Instead of saying 'no that's not true' or something of the sort, all he said was "Really?". I would assume that it is true, but when he called me and hung up and then called me again to go to voicemail Robert said that he wasn't a pedophile. I think he was untruthful about that since he could only say it in a message.

Old 03-11-2011, 09:39 AM   #58
Em Wright
Am I the only one who thinks we're being played? I just feel like we've gotten the ring a round from the start... no real evidence, refusal to list any contact info (phone, email), even the posted emails lacked an email address of the accused. We've not heard from this Robert fellow and all we have that says this guy is a living actual person is a news article and SuperMorph's word.

Something else I was thinking about... The OP claims to have over 300 snakes purchased in the last three years. Now I'm not up on BPs, but I have looked over some of the BP ads here on Fauna and most morphs are pretty expensive. The OP must have an amazing job to be able to dish out the kind of money it must have taken to acquire that many snakes in such a short amount of time. And then to think of all the time he must spend cleaning cages, feeding, etc. I could be wrong, but this smells fishy to me.

If I am wrong, I sincerely apologize. I honestly can't see a motive for posting a fake Bad Guy thread on a fake/false guy. But these are some things that just smelled rotten to me and I thought I'd mention them.

Oh, one more thing. I had ebay charge like $8 from my bank account without my consent, when I wasn't expecting it, and their charge over drafted my bank account. I spoke with Paypal and they weren't helpful in the least, so I went to my bank and explained everything to them. In a week the over draft was removed and the $8 repaid. Then again, I have a pretty awesome bank. But, I would seriously get with your bank about this, they should be more helpful than Paypal. One could hope at least.

Old 03-11-2011, 01:38 PM   #59
SuperMorph
Em- in case you can't read, there is no run around here. Robert Ringhoff's contact info is posted in this thread, even on THIS page. Look two posts up from yours at #56 if you don't believe me on that either. Feel free to call Robert ANYTIME. As far as my snake collection goes, you are welcome to make the short days drive to Wichita to check out what I have. I did have a nice paying job until the company laid off half of its employees, but that is really none of your concern. It is not impossible to take care of my little bp collection when it comes to cleaning and such. You need to read this thread in its entirety before running your ignorant mouth.

Old 03-11-2011, 01:40 PM   #60
Em Wright
I did read this thread in its entirety. And yes you did post the information, eventually, after much prodding from other members to do so. Still smells fishy to me, sorry, I'm entitled to my opinion.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!