Bad Guy Robert Ringhoff of PA, - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-11-2011, 01:54 PM   #61
scaledverts
Thanks for finally posting the email address. I just sent Robert the following email. We will see if he shows or not, I would love to hear an explanation of what is going on....

Quote:
from K Mara "scaledverts@gmail.com"
sender-time Sent at 1:50 PM (GMT-05:00). Current time there: 1:50 PM. ✆
to "robringhoff73@yahoo.com"
date Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 1:50 PM
subject You May want to address this!
mailed-by gmail.com

hide details 1:50 PM (0 minutes ago)

Hello Robert,

You don't know me but your business practices are currently the topic of an ongoing BOI thread. I am sending you this email because we would love to hear your side of the story. If you will notice, there are already over 59 posts and 2K views of this thread. The BOI serves as a location where many reptile enthusiasts go to investigate various business dealings with individuals that are selling reptiles (as you are). If you take the time to scroll through the threads on the BOI, you will notice that bad guy threads tend to keep people from buying animals from the respective seller. Because of this it is imperative that you come to faunaclassifieds.com and provide your side of the story. Without your side, people are left with only one side and to be perfectly honest based on what I have read thus far I, and I am quite sure others, would never buy from you. Please come and address the concerns of the reptile community. We mostly patiently await your response to the thread at: http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=230550.

Thank you in advance for your attention in this matter,

Kyle

Old 03-11-2011, 02:22 PM   #62
Matt2979
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMorph View Post
Em- in case you can't read, there is no run around here. Robert Ringhoff's contact info is posted in this thread, even on THIS page. Look two posts up from yours at #56 if you don't believe me on that either. Feel free to call Robert ANYTIME. As far as my snake collection goes, you are welcome to make the short days drive to Wichita to check out what I have. I did have a nice paying job until the company laid off half of its employees, but that is really none of your concern. It is not impossible to take care of my little bp collection when it comes to cleaning and such. You need to read this thread in its entirety before running your ignorant mouth.
There's really no since in your talking to Em like that. Especially after you've been asked MANY times (many by me, and several more by a few others) to supply the e-mail address that you FINALLY came through with today. You started this thread 6 days ago so maybe you can try to understand why your word wasn't taken as gospel by several of us when asked for some kind of proof. My initial request for the e-mail addy wasn't even because I didn't believe you; however, when you ignored the question several times and gave lame excuses other times, your believability was "challenged", to say the least.

If all of this is indeed fact, I hope that you are able to get some kind of help to resolve it. You just have to understand that we need to see proof from anyone making these kinds of accusations against anyone. Would go the same way if Robert was hearing making them against you, while ignoring requests for proof.

Old 03-11-2011, 02:23 PM   #63
Matt2979
edit*** if Robert was here (not hearing

Old 03-11-2011, 02:32 PM   #64
Matt2979
If I missed any other typos, I'll try to live with them, but my starting out my post with, "There's really no since..." doesn't make much sense, when I don't spell it correctly. DOE!!

Old 03-11-2011, 02:50 PM   #65
bshinkle
Em,
I know Jason personally and have done business with him as well. He has quite an extensive collection of ball pythons that I have witnessed myself. I don't know why you think 300 snakes is impossible to care for? Not to be rude, but do you own very many snakes? They are relatively easy to care for and its not uncommon for a successful breeder to own a large quantity of animals. I assure you his snakes are healthy and well taken care. I will, and have, recommended people to purchase his animals.

As for the Robert business. My husband and I were going to buy a few of the snakes from this transaction so I know first hand this whole ordeal is completely true. My husband went to the airport with Jason and helped unpack the box. My husband also talked to Robert's "brother" the second time that the snakes were not shipped. I guess they got cellphones mixed up so that's why no one could get a hold of Robert that day. ??
Everything that Jason has told you in this BOI is completely true. He is a good guy and is only trying to warn others about the dangers of buying from Robert.

Old 03-11-2011, 02:52 PM   #66
bshinkle
P.S. I am looking forward to hearing what Robert has to say for himself. Still waiting........................

Old 03-11-2011, 07:33 PM   #67
robr73
Thank you to the two people that notified me of this thread. Jason DID NOT alert me that this thread was up. I sold Jason 16 ball pythons. Every BP on my email was individually placed in pillow cases and marked their gender/morph/norm. There were heat packs in the container which was not cracked or broken and was inspected while open and after being closed by Delta before being approved to fly. Before any monetary transaction took place, Jason was sent a description and picture of EACH snake he was to receive. These pictures were clear, visible and showed the whole snake body. I shipped the snakes on 3/4/11 and they were picked up by him. I received a phone call from Jason stating that 25% of the snakes were dead and he wanted to be refunded. I asked him to send the deceased snakes back to me and he said that I would need to send him the money to ship them. This was a red flag for me. I received a phone call from PP the next day stating his claim was that some were missing and the ones he received were not what he expected. I gave them all the info that I had and was later told that it was ruled in my favor. My wife and son have no bearing in this other than for Jason to sound as if he knows me. I have also contacted authorities on my end to protect myself. Seriously, the claim that he received a pic of a portion of a snake and then sent the money...does that sound fishy? Would you buy a car after receiving a pic of only the tail light? It sounds like he is trying to scam to get the snakes and the money and I am glad that PP sees it for what it is worth...a scam. And by the way my wife and I have been married 18 years. I dont know where he gets his information.

Old 03-11-2011, 07:44 PM   #68
scaledverts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robr73 View Post
Thank you to the two people that notified me of this thread. Jason DID NOT alert me that this thread was up. I sold Jason 16 ball pythons. Every BP on my email was individually placed in pillow cases and marked their gender/morph/norm. There were heat packs in the container which was not cracked or broken and was inspected while open and after being closed by Delta before being approved to fly. Before any monetary transaction took place, Jason was sent a description and picture of EACH snake he was to receive. These pictures were clear, visible and showed the whole snake body. I shipped the snakes on 3/4/11 and they were picked up by him. I received a phone call from Jason stating that 25% of the snakes were dead and he wanted to be refunded. I asked him to send the deceased snakes back to me and he said that I would need to send him the money to ship them. This was a red flag for me. I received a phone call from PP the next day stating his claim was that some were missing and the ones he received were not what he expected. I gave them all the info that I had and was later told that it was ruled in my favor. My wife and son have no bearing in this other than for Jason to sound as if he knows me. I have also contacted authorities on my end to protect myself. Seriously, the claim that he received a pic of a portion of a snake and then sent the money...does that sound fishy? Would you buy a car after receiving a pic of only the tail light? It sounds like he is trying to scam to get the snakes and the money and I am glad that PP sees it for what it is worth...a scam. And by the way my wife and I have been married 18 years. I dont know where he gets his information.
Hmm if it is true that I and one other person were the only ones to notify him of this thread, that seems kind of weird to me. Robert, he is claiming that he did not get the snakes on the list. 1) is that list accurate and 2) can you provide the pictures you sent of the snakes in this thread? Posting the emails w/ headers is the best way to address both of these questions.

Old 03-11-2011, 07:44 PM   #69
bshinkle
Okay, we heard you side to the story, now lets see the proof please. Can you post any emails or the pics you sent Jason?

Old 03-11-2011, 07:46 PM   #70
bshinkle
*your

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!