Bad Guy Robert Ringhoff of PA, - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-11-2011, 08:17 PM   #71
Em Wright
Quote:
Originally Posted by bshinkle View Post
Em,
I know Jason personally and have done business with him as well. He has quite an extensive collection of ball pythons that I have witnessed myself. I don't know why you think 300 snakes is impossible to care for? Not to be rude, but do you own very many snakes? They are relatively easy to care for and its not uncommon for a successful breeder to own a large quantity of animals. I assure you his snakes are healthy and well taken care. I will, and have, recommended people to purchase his animals.

As for the Robert business. My husband and I were going to buy a few of the snakes from this transaction so I know first hand this whole ordeal is completely true. My husband went to the airport with Jason and helped unpack the box. My husband also talked to Robert's "brother" the second time that the snakes were not shipped. I guess they got cellphones mixed up so that's why no one could get a hold of Robert that day. ??
Everything that Jason has told you in this BOI is completely true. He is a good guy and is only trying to warn others about the dangers of buying from Robert.
It is not impossible to own a large collection of snakes. I was merely stating it must take a nice chunk of time to feed/clean cages, etc for that many snakes. It was mostly an observation. I have a small collection of Corn snakes and it still takes me a about three hours to feed/clean if I end up doing it all on the same day and if I decide to photograph any of my snakes that have freshly shed or whatever. Admittedly I do take my time as I really enjoy the husbandry aspect of snake keeping.

Something else you should realize is that there are people who come here and lie about their collections and lots of other details. Just because a person starts a BOI thread doesn't mean they are immune to criticism. There are times when someone starts a bad guy thread that was actually the bad guy in the first place. I'm not saying that's the case here, but it is something to keep in mind when reading these threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robr73 View Post
Thank you to the two people that notified me of this thread. Jason DID NOT alert me that this thread was up. I sold Jason 16 ball pythons. Every BP on my email was individually placed in pillow cases and marked their gender/morph/norm. There were heat packs in the container which was not cracked or broken and was inspected while open and after being closed by Delta before being approved to fly. Before any monetary transaction took place, Jason was sent a description and picture of EACH snake he was to receive. These pictures were clear, visible and showed the whole snake body. I shipped the snakes on 3/4/11 and they were picked up by him. I received a phone call from Jason stating that 25% of the snakes were dead and he wanted to be refunded. I asked him to send the deceased snakes back to me and he said that I would need to send him the money to ship them. This was a red flag for me. I received a phone call from PP the next day stating his claim was that some were missing and the ones he received were not what he expected. I gave them all the info that I had and was later told that it was ruled in my favor. My wife and son have no bearing in this other than for Jason to sound as if he knows me. I have also contacted authorities on my end to protect myself. Seriously, the claim that he received a pic of a portion of a snake and then sent the money...does that sound fishy? Would you buy a car after receiving a pic of only the tail light? It sounds like he is trying to scam to get the snakes and the money and I am glad that PP sees it for what it is worth...a scam. And by the way my wife and I have been married 18 years. I dont know where he gets his information.
That certainly sheds some light on the situation. I concur... Proof is vital, especially since your stories are both pretty different. He said, she said, they said doesn't work here.

Old 03-11-2011, 08:31 PM   #72
bshinkle
Em,
Did not mean to step on any toes. I do realize people lie, just wanted to let you know that Jason was in fact telling the truth.

Old 03-11-2011, 09:03 PM   #73
robr73
"jwilliams461@cox.net" <jwilliams461@cox.net>View Contact
To: Robert Ringhoff <robringhoff73@yahoo.com>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rob-

Can you send me a few pics of some of the snakes? Mainly pics of the females is what I am interested in when you get a chance. My other friend does want the female mojave like I knew he would. Lucky for him that he is working overtime right now to pay for her.

Thanks,
Jason

This is a list of everything just for our record:
0.3 Normals 1800g each
0.1 Granite 1800g
1.1 Ghost 800g/1780g
1.2 Pastel 1000g/1060g/1200g
1.1 Cinny 600g/1000g
1.0 Spider 700g
1.1 Mojave 210g/260g
All 14 bp's for $1600 shipped

Possibly add 1.1 Lesser 800g/1000g for a total of $1900 shipped for 16 bp's. I hope everything works out. I am going to have to move fast with the males to get some of my money back to pay some bills and get a rodent food order put in.

Old 03-11-2011, 10:03 PM   #74
Em Wright
Rob do you have the pics you sent Jason? Those would go a long way in helping your case.

Old 03-11-2011, 10:05 PM   #75
PAVLOVK1025
Well now that explains everything?

Old 03-11-2011, 10:24 PM   #76
robr73
Can you please tell me how to put the pics on here? I have them on my computer in my Pictures and some on my phone, but its asking for a URL and im not too sure how to do that. Id appreciate your help.

Old 03-11-2011, 10:31 PM   #77
Cffilc
http://imageshack.us/

Go to that website, it will allow you to search your harddrive (my Pictures), and then host it on the website. Copy the link it give's the post it.

Old 03-12-2011, 01:08 AM   #78
SuperMorph
Where in the hell did I say that I received 25% of snakes dead??????? I received 11 snakes because you kept 5 of the 16 that were supposed to come to me. Of the 11 that were sent in the crappy styro box with NO heat packs, only 4-5 of them were correct. I don't constitute a 600g male normal to be the same as a 2400g breeder female. I would also like to see the pictures of ALL of the snakes that I was supposedly sent. You sent a pic of a mojave yet I received NO mojaves. I am going to have to figure out a way to copy/paste the 6 junk pics that you sent. Rob's comments about the junk pics were: I was having computer problems but you got the jist of it right?

Old 03-12-2011, 01:15 AM   #79
SuperMorph
When did I notify of you of anything wrong with the group? You were already avoiding me as soon as the 11 snakes were on the plane when you made the last phone call to me. I know you have ABSOLUTELY no email from me since I went to paypal right away with your scam. You are too much of a coward to even speak to me until yesterday when you called and hung up on me all day.

Why would I have dead snakes arrive if you used heat packs and sent the snakes through delta dash? Does that mean that you would knowingly send out animals that are in bad health? What dead snakes did I receive?

Old 03-12-2011, 01:20 AM   #80
SuperMorph
Something else that you don't make sense on is why would I need you to send me the money back to send you the dead snakes? How much are you supposed to send me back? There are NO dead snakes unless they are in your possession. You don't have a shred of evidence supporting anything that you have said that is different than what I have said.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!