Breeding Muller's/Saharan sand boa? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Rosy, Sand, Ground Boas/Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-06-2005, 09:37 PM   #11
Karen Hulvey
Keep us updated. I'd love to see pics of the eggs.

I have KSBs, normals and B&Ws. I had my first clutch born in September and it's exciting. I have been thinking about getting some Mueller's for some time now, just haven't done it yet.

Old 03-22-2005, 11:57 PM   #12
Goanna
Well, I still have not witnessed a copultation, but that new female I got a couple months ago looks like she is getting bigger, and there is no change at all in diet . I am keeping my fingers crossed. The first time when I mentioned she looked possibly gravid, I guess I was wrong, she must have just gained weight from good feeding (as she was a fresh import when I got her). But now, her weight was stable for a while and it seems to be increasing again .

I have again placed a nice sized container with damp sphagnum in the cage with her as of yesterday, so I will see what happens. If I get any eggs, I will post pictures here.

I guess not many others are working with these guys this year? Just curious. I see them more and more at every show, so I am guessing they are becoming pretty popular.

Old 08-20-2005, 12:00 PM   #13
jeola
I just purchased one of these and am interested in the adult size and how to tell sex. are they similar to the Kenyans where the female is larger? I have heard that you can tell by tail length? Possible spurs? I have found some articles on the Saharan's at www.jasons-jungle.com, he has a project with the Saharan's, doesn't have a lot of information but some nice pictures, they are very cool snakes. I currently have some Kenyans, Indian sand boas (Eryx Johnii). they are also very cool snakes.

Old 03-09-2006, 01:30 PM   #14
Goanna
Well, its been over a year since I made this thread, figure its time for an update.

I had no success breeding these guys in 04 or 05, but I did start cooling them down in November and just raised temps up last week. I put the females into the males enclosure one at a time, and I went into the room late at night and saw them both very active.

I didnt witness copulation but the male did seem very interested in the female, so I am going to keep my fingers crossed.

I am also attempting light misting during the days, to up the humidity just a bit. I know where they come from rain is not a common occurance but I figure it might help stimulate them. I am not going to make it get very damp though, and I only intend to do it for a week or two, after that they go back to completly dry setups.

So, again ill keep everyone updated if I suspect one of my females is gravid.

Has anyone else happened to have any luck with this species over the last year or so?

Old 04-24-2006, 12:03 AM   #15
eryx4
my saharans have copulated repeatedly the last 3 years, but still no eggs. my arabians have copulated the last 2 years and no eggs. ive tried slightly different cooling regimes, as well as putting them together at different times. someday i'll catch them at the right time. bruce miller, rick staub, and warren treacher have all successfully bred saharans and arabians. robert stout also successfully bred arabians. thanks ,scott erycine1@aol.com

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!