Matthew @ Monster Cages-BAD GUY - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-30-2006, 08:21 PM   #61
GuinnyOne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavo
According to the emails posted from the discussions between the two.

By Dec 15th, 2005 these amounts were agreed to and exchanged:

Total Bill (minus Shipping): $5485.00

Payments in the amounts of: $1000, $500, $2800, $1500...Totaling $5800.00

Now the last time I applied basic math, that ment $315.00 in overpayment/towards shipping. Unless the final payment was for $1185.00 instead of $1500.00?
I did not end up sending the other $315 because he told me not to send anything for shipping until the cages were finished.

Old 08-30-2006, 08:32 PM   #62
GuinnyOne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Cages

That was just looked up for the shipping. Shipping estimate is just that, part of the delay is on her part also. I have no problem like i said completing the order but was always waiting before for her to pick which sizes she wanted on the 8 footers and never did choose either.

Matthew Martin

Matt, you told me several times that it was all or none. You never told me that you had approved of the idea of shipping out most of the order by holding back a couple of cages until after I posted here on Fauna.

So here is what I would like to do: Send to me all of the 4-footers, 3 of the 6-footers (the 2 taller ones, and 1 shorter one....the other should not be hard for you to sell since it is simply a divided snake cage with removable divider) and send 3 of the 8-footers (all but 1 with divider).

I sent $765 to you for that 8-footer and $455 for that 6-footer. That is a total of $1220 for those 2 cages. Which is only $200 less than the quote you just put up, and about the same as the quotes you sent to me earlier this week. Now I realize that you say that these cages will not have the same retail value because they are custom...but the amount you will get for those 2 cages will still be more than the $800 quoted for the initial shipping.

Doing this would make me happy.

Old 08-30-2006, 08:35 PM   #63
GuinnyOne
Quote:
What are you referring to? There has been NO shipping paid on this order what so ever and she has indicated to me that she can't afford the shipping is the thing.

Matthew Martin
Matt, at this point I probably could scrape together enough to cover the initial shipping estimate....but after all of this, I would be a blatant idiot to send you any more money than I already have.

The old addage; fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Old 08-30-2006, 09:31 PM   #64
snakeman1313
If the shipping is $1,448.64 and you can "salvage" the 8 foot cages for $550.00 each why not keep two cages that makes $1100.00 Kelly sends you the additional 348.64 and everyone is happy??? Kelly dosent put out much cash and you recoup all of yours. Sounds like a no brainer.

Old 08-30-2006, 09:32 PM   #65
snakeman1313
Actually the shipping would be even less because you would be shipping two less cages.

Old 08-30-2006, 09:33 PM   #66
Chameleon Company
Just rambling here ...

To varying degrees, I can sympathize with both sides. I also find more fault with one than the other, and you can guess away. As I said in an earlier post, I think that Matt is in a position to ship approximatley 80% of the order and leave the final 20% still to be hashed out. Depending on one's point-of-view, whether it be "taking the high road", or "cutting one's losses", or somewhere in between, I would advance the notion that it makes sense to reduce the volume of what is in dispute. Much in line with the "no-brainer" encouraged above. Unless its with your best smile, who thinks exposure on the front page here is all that beneficial anyway?

Old 08-30-2006, 09:37 PM   #67
Monster Cages
I did offer of all the cages but 2 eight footers on the table and we cover all the shipping so then she would be out any $$$ at all. Just like i have mentioned many many times you can feel free to contact my shipping company directly and pay them you don't have to pay me anything. Check your emails that has been stated

Matthew Martin

Old 08-30-2006, 09:40 PM   #68
Chameleon Company
Kelly,
Just the wildest of speculation on my part, but I believe that any attorney would tell you to jump on that offer. It ain't about right or wrong, fair or unfair ...... just results.

Old 08-30-2006, 09:41 PM   #69
Bill & Amy
Quote:
I did offer of all the cages but 2 eight footers on the table and we cover all the shipping so then she would be out any $$$ at all.
This sounds like a fair deal to end this thread and both parties should be satisfied.

Old 08-30-2006, 09:43 PM   #70
snakeman1313
I agree take the offer and get this over with you. I'm sure neither of you will be thrilled but at least you have most of your cages, and Matt has most of his money.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!