Bad Guy Diamond Den Terrible Customer Service - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-18-2011, 08:08 AM   #81
Jela's Phat Phibs
That was a very good post jdshscja

Thank You for being open minded. Let's be clear on some things folks. I did not come post on the BOI to try and ruin Corky's reputation. If that were the case, I would have titled my post "DIAMOND DEN HORRIBLE SELLER, CHEAT, FRAUD,!!!" I did not. I merely came on here to share my experience with his poor customer service. I don't feel that Corky would do everyone this way therefore why would I put that label on him?? What I can say though is he did it to me. For one reason or another he did. I was totally understanding about it all. Sure at 4 PM, after he had ignored me all day, finally acknowledged me, then stopped responding again, I grew concerned. When I received the email from him blasting me for texting him and admitting to what he did, I was done trying to deal with Corky. I consulted a couple top breeders in the hobby and advised them of the situation (as up to that point, I had not even shared the doa with them because I didn't feel the need to tarnish his name if he was going to make it right) and they all advised that it was time to take it to the BOI. At this point, I wasn't going to field any offers from him. What had happened had happened and I was now stuck with what I received and I was going to share my misfortune with others. It was a review of the entire transaction. That was all. I looked for Corky to come on and own the mistake and be remorseful. He did not. Instead, he took the approach of twisting things, creating lies, all to make him look like he didn't do anything wrong. That is where the lieing part and me REALLY not feeling comfortable with sending anything back to him comes in. After doing this, he then clouded the facts for some people and was not able to provide factual evidence of his lies. At that point I had to began reiterating points over and over again as some folks were still not understanding the agreement that we had. This led to people saying that I was acting bitter and over the top and showing that I wasn't a good person to deal with. Sorry that I felt the need to iron all of the facts out so that everyone would see that I didn't screw this deal up. I provided factual evidence that supported my story and showed that Corky was lieing and that was all that was heard from him until yesterday evening when he finally came on and owned up to some of it and offered a very reasonable offer which should have been offered immediately. As already mentioned, I was not comfortable with his offer and want no further dealings with him. I already made mention of this in Post #49. This was before he ever even shot an offer to me so it isn't like I am just trying to be difficult and keep this going on as some have implied. I was already uneasy with his deception that I was done dealing with him. Did he come on and finally make a nice offer? Sure he did and that is admirable of him. Does that mean that because he did so that I should just jump right on it and be ok with it because Corky has finally decided to offer something? Well sorry but I am not. By sending the animals back I only see it as a reason for something else to happen in shipping or whatnot and I am not setting myself up for that. This was a negative review in regards to Diamond Dens terrible customer service.
If I somehow got placed on some sellers "Do Not Sell To" list then I don't really know what to say to that. I was done wrong in this deal on many levels yet because Corky finally makes a reasonable offer, some want to forget about what he has done up to this point and now just place blame on me for not taking his deal. I can't understand the logic there.

Old 02-18-2011, 08:18 AM   #82
Lucille
Jeff

Your seller erred, admitted it, and has placed a good offer on the table, showing that they understand what happened and are willing to take care of you.

You on the other hand are moving into the role of professional whiner. IMHO further whines of novel length will simply put youon more 'Do not sell to' lists.

Take it or leave it.

Old 02-18-2011, 08:50 AM   #83
Matt2979
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Kennedy View Post
Thank You for being open minded. Let's be clear on some things folks. I did not come post on the BOI to try and ruin Corky's reputation. If that were the case, I would have titled my post "DIAMOND DEN HORRIBLE SELLER, CHEAT, FRAUD,!!!" I did not. I merely came on here to share my experience with his poor customer service. I don't feel that Corky would do everyone this way therefore why would I put that label on him?? What I can say though is he did it to me. For one reason or another he did. I was totally understanding about it all. Sure at 4 PM, after he had ignored me all day, finally acknowledged me, then stopped responding again, I grew concerned. When I received the email from him blasting me for texting him and admitting to what he did, I was done trying to deal with Corky. I consulted a couple top breeders in the hobby and advised them of the situation (as up to that point, I had not even shared the doa with them because I didn't feel the need to tarnish his name if he was going to make it right) and they all advised that it was time to take it to the BOI. At this point, I wasn't going to field any offers from him. What had happened had happened and I was now stuck with what I received and I was going to share my misfortune with others. It was a review of the entire transaction. That was all. I looked for Corky to come on and own the mistake and be remorseful. He did not. Instead, he took the approach of twisting things, creating lies, all to make him look like he didn't do anything wrong. That is where the lieing part and me REALLY not feeling comfortable with sending anything back to him comes in. After doing this, he then clouded the facts for some people and was not able to provide factual evidence of his lies. At that point I had to began reiterating points over and over again as some folks were still not understanding the agreement that we had. This led to people saying that I was acting bitter and over the top and showing that I wasn't a good person to deal with. Sorry that I felt the need to iron all of the facts out so that everyone would see that I didn't screw this deal up. I provided factual evidence that supported my story and showed that Corky was lieing and that was all that was heard from him until yesterday evening when he finally came on and owned up to some of it and offered a very reasonable offer which should have been offered immediately. As already mentioned, I was not comfortable with his offer and want no further dealings with him. I already made mention of this in Post #49. This was before he ever even shot an offer to me so it isn't like I am just trying to be difficult and keep this going on as some have implied. I was already uneasy with his deception that I was done dealing with him. Did he come on and finally make a nice offer? Sure he did and that is admirable of him. Does that mean that because he did so that I should just jump right on it and be ok with it because Corky has finally decided to offer something? Well sorry but I am not. By sending the animals back I only see it as a reason for something else to happen in shipping or whatnot and I am not setting myself up for that. This was a negative review in regards to Diamond Dens terrible customer service.
If I somehow got placed on some sellers "Do Not Sell To" list then I don't really know what to say to that. I was done wrong in this deal on many levels yet because Corky finally makes a reasonable offer, some want to forget about what he has done up to this point and now just place blame on me for not taking his deal. I can't understand the logic there.

What???? So you didn't want to tarnish his name...BUT you were already done with him and had already made up your mind not to accept any offers to make it right?? So you just wanted him to come on here, be remorseful and then you'd be ok. I call

I've been in business for a long time (non-reptile related business) and I can tell you that emotions have NO place in doing business. All of your posts seem to be emotionally driven. You appear to be looking for a certain outcome. When that EXACT outcome doesn't come AS SOON AS YOU WANT IT TO, you get all upset, again.

When someone asked you exactly what you wanted to happen, in order to be happy, you turned on that person (the one trying to help you find a resolution to your problem!!). He actually took the words out of my mouth because I had decided to break my silence and make that same post...but was beat to the punch.

Jeff, I know that you're going to take my words out of context, but I'm honestly trying to help you here. Forget about everything that upset you and let's get to the bottom of this now. WHAT DO YOU WANT TO DO?? If you've decided that you'll be happy with the dragons that you have, keep them and move on. If you're NOT happy with those dragons, send them back to Corky, get your full-refund and move on.

While I was surprised to see the decision he made in sending a higher-priced substitute without notifying you, I can assure you that he is not going to screw you when/if you send the animals back...assuming of course they are in the same health as they were when you received them.

Bottom line here is that "we" understand your side of the story better than you think we do, but a good business solution has been offered. The ball is in your court to either accept it or not. Whatever decision you make, what else is there to say??

Old 02-18-2011, 09:46 AM   #84
Jela's Phat Phibs
"What???? So you didn't want to tarnish his name...BUT you were already done with him and had already made up your mind not to accept any offers to make it right?? So you just wanted him to come on here, be remorseful and then you'd be ok."

Yes. I guess you could compare it to going to a bad restaurant or staying at a bad hotel. If the service or the stay was bad enough, you don't go back under any circumstances, whether the manager give you a gift card or comps a room. Sometimes you feel so wronged that you don't compromise your own beliefs just to see if in fact they can surprise you and be better the second go around.

I thought that this was a review board. I came on here to post the review of my experience with Corky at Diamond Den. I knew that Corky was big on here and that he would have supporters and that I would be subject to some hazing, however I didn't think that I would be dubbed a "whiner" for stating my case. Live and learn I guess.

Old 02-18-2011, 10:33 AM   #85
Lucille
Quote:
I didn't think that I would be dubbed a "whiner" for stating my case.
You stated your case about 5,000 words ago. What you are doing now is the adult equivalent of a toddler screaming in the grocery store, and promising to hold its breath unless the world sees a situation his way.

Hopefully you will pass out and return to consciousness just like kids do.

Old 02-18-2011, 11:14 AM   #86
ophidile
I could understand you feeling this way if you'd received an animal that had been severely neglected... The DOA is the saddest part of this situation IMHO but it was apparently not the dealbreaker here.

I agree with others that Corky made some mistakes and you are correct there. However at this point he has also taken reasonable steps to try to rectify them. Jeff, you, on the other hand, seem completely unreceptive to feedback on how you can handle things better too which is very offputting. Many people now are telling you that you are overstating your case and ought to have a goal for posting other than "remorse".

Like I said the seller messed up but it doesn't seem like they are completely untrustworthy. You do have healthy animals that are by most standards of equal or greater value to what you paid for and of similar genetics, although unfortunately not exactly what you picked out. You apparently don't want to return your animals for a full refund, what /at this point/ would you want from the seller to feel better about the deal?

Quote:
"What???? So you didn't want to tarnish his name...BUT you were already done with him and had already made up your mind not to accept any offers to make it right?? So you just wanted him to come on here, be remorseful and then you'd be ok."

Yes. I guess you could compare it to going to a bad restaurant or staying at a bad hotel. If the service or the stay was bad enough, you don't go back under any circumstances, whether the manager give you a gift card or comps a room. Sometimes you feel so wronged that you don't compromise your own beliefs just to see if in fact they can surprise you and be better the second go around.

I thought that this was a review board. I came on here to post the review of my experience with Corky at Diamond Den. I knew that Corky was big on here and that he would have supporters and that I would be subject to some hazing, however I didn't think that I would be dubbed a "whiner" for stating my case. Live and learn I guess.

Old 02-18-2011, 11:44 AM   #87
Jela's Phat Phibs
Thanks for the reply Adie. I will say it again. This was a review of my transaction with Diamond Den and Corky. I never came on here requesting anything from Corky, wanting additional dragons, etc. That was not the intent. I thought this was a review thread where people shared experiences they've had, good or bad with other members or business's. I was open to resolve the entire transaction until I received the email from Corky blasting me. At that point I made the decision to cut my losses and move on. I was not interested in what he had to offer me at that point to make the situation better. He could have offered me all of my money plus (10) dragons, it didn't matter to me. I was finished dealing with him. I then came online to post a review to share my experience with others. That is what I did. Chalk another 5,000 words up for me.

Old 02-18-2011, 12:17 PM   #88
ophidile
Thanks for the calm reply

Alerting others is a reasonable goal - I know I sometimes prefer hets to homozygotes (because I personally like diverse clutches) & might not appreciate an unconsulted "upgrade". But I don't think Corky is a "bad guy" either if I were into beardies I might buy from him... Just maybe not in the winter .
I do hope he learned a few things from this if nothing else.
Also Jeff hope those animals you got end up working out well for you.

Quote:
Thanks for the reply Adie. I will say it again. This was a review of my transaction with Diamond Den and Corky. I never came on here requesting anything from Corky, wanting additional dragons, etc. That was not the intent. I thought this was a review thread where people shared experiences they've had, good or bad with other members or business's. I was open to resolve the entire transaction until I received the email from Corky blasting me. At that point I made the decision to cut my losses and move on. I was not interested in what he had to offer me at that point to make the situation better. He could have offered me all of my money plus (10) dragons, it didn't matter to me. I was finished dealing with him. I then came online to post a review to share my experience with others. That is what I did. Chalk another 5,000 words up for me.

Old 02-18-2011, 01:24 PM   #89
Jela's Phat Phibs
Yeah, my orange leather division was already overstocked prior to receiving this one that is why I passed on it when it was first offered. Either way, I can find someone that can benefit from his genetics. It's just not me. If my misfortune can help someone else, then I will take that. Thanks for your replies.

Old 02-18-2011, 04:18 PM   #90
KelliH
Jeff... for the record, I would have no problem dealing with you as a customer. The BOI is here to offer a review of a business transaction, and you have done so, very well I might add.

I am glad Diamond Den did the right thing and offered you a full refund. A true "bad guy" would not have done so. Good luck with your animals.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!