Inquiry Boas and Balls - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-28-2008, 06:27 PM   #1
repsrul
Boas and Balls

Has anyone had a transaction of any kind with Boas and Balls. I am interested in purchasing a few BPs. Thank you in advance.

Jason Rybak

Old 11-28-2008, 10:16 PM   #2
RobbiesCornField
Boas and Balls meaning Lynn Kubic in Colorado? She's a great woman to work with, and produces quality animals. I can guarantee that you'll be happy with a purchase from her!

Old 11-29-2008, 07:08 AM   #3
repsrul
OOPPPS!

[quote=RobbiesCornField;651524]Boas and Balls meaning Lynn Kubic in Colorado? Yes this is who I am talking about. I should have mentioned that. I was in a rush when I put this post together and let out some important info. Thanks for you reply.

Old 11-30-2008, 02:04 PM   #4
rickbharrelson
YES I HAVE LYNN IS A GREAT PERSON HAVE BOUGHT AND PAID FOR A FEW BP FROM THEM RICK HARRELSON

Old 11-30-2008, 10:56 PM   #5
knittykat
I purchased my first RTB from Lynn at the Denver show she coordinates.

Nice person, knowledgeable. Good customer service, both before and after the sale.

Regards,
N. Nelson

Old 12-01-2008, 12:29 AM   #6
Royal Morphz
Lynn is a great gal she took my last Snow Boa off my hands and i wouldnt hesitate to do business with her at all

Old 12-01-2008, 09:27 AM   #7
asplundii
I have not purchased from Lynn but my sister did as she is in the Denver area. Lynn was willing to talk to me on the phone so I could ask all the relevant questions (my sister is not a real herp expert) about the animal and I was very impressed by her open honest answers. I would say she is top notch and my sister could not be happier with her animal

TH Wyman

Old 04-26-2009, 12:37 AM   #8
Shadera
I'll never do business with her again. She tried to change her policies on me part-way through a layaway deal. She originally told me anything over $1000 could be paid off with a year to pay, so I wasn't all that worried about paying her quickly and paid off my shorter term layaways first. I had every intention of paying them off as quickly as I was able, then the credit crunch hit and I truly had nothing to give yet. I picked out over a thousand dollars in snakes and promptly sent my deposit. I even sent extra to cover her paypal fees. Twice now she's pestered me about paying them off, and claims she doesn't remember telling me I had a year to pay. Unfortunately, I don't have $800+ lying around right now, given recent medical bills and vet bills from a bird with a broken leg and don't like being hounded for money I've always been good about paying as soon as I have it. People I've done layaways with know that I send what I have, when I have it. There's very rarely any need to remind me! Oh well, it was a $260 lesson learned the hard way I guess. Stick with people I know, with SOLID terms.

Here are all the emails.

fromShadera Lorrain <magickalmorphs@gmail.com>
to"Sales@boasandballs.com" <Sales@boasandballs.com>

dateFri, Dec 26, 2008 at 5:20 AM
subjectquestion about payment plans
mailed-bygmail.com

hide details 12/26/08 Reply

Hello,

I was browsing your site, and I see a few animals I'd like to have. What are the terms of your payment plans?

Thanks!

Shadera Lorrain
magickalmorphs@gmail.com

fromsales@boasandballs.com
toShadera Lorrain <magickalmorphs@gmail.com>

dateFri, Dec 26, 2008 at 10:52 AM
subjectRE: question about payment plans

20% down and then payments that does not take more than 6 months to pay off, if it is under $1000. If it is over $1000 then a year is ok.

Lynn Kubic
Boas and Balls
www.boasandballs.com
mail sales@boasandballs.com
Ph - 720-685-9557 (This is the best #)
cell- 303-949-1560
fax 303-659-0489

tosales@boasandballs.com

dateFri, Dec 26, 2008 at 4:33 PM
subjectRe: question about payment plans
mailed-bygmail.com

Hi Lynn,

Thank you for the quick reply! I really appreciate breeders like you who offer payment plans so that those of us who don't have a ton of immediately available cash can get what we want. Bless you!

I have a few animals I'd like to place on hold then, pending a deposit from me of course. Do you have a preference for payment? Paypal, check by mail, etc?

Caln-08c26-234f 100% het Bell caramel albino female
P-h-08c31-256f 100% het pied female
BP-432 pastel female
BnB-08-22 normal female
bp-08-385 normal female

I should have no problems paying this group off within 6 months, and will send cash whenever I have it available.

Shadera

tosales@boasandballs.com

dateSat, Dec 27, 2008 at 1:42 PM
subjectRe: question about payment plans
mailed-bygmail.com

hide details 12/27/08 Reply

Just re-sending this since I hadn't heard bacl from you and I want to make sure it goes through!

I'd like to change the het pied I have listed in this previous email though. I'd rather have het pied/possible het albino female Pi/h-08c46-339 in her place.

Thank you!

Shadera

dateSun, Dec 28, 2008 at 1:45 PM

hide details 12/28/08 Reply

since it Will be payments checks by mail are fine. Then I do not have to pay the 3% to pay pal. But I am flexible and I do not get crazy about late payments like some breeders do. I have seen some people loose their money when they are late. I just don't want it do drag out for over a year like I had one guy do to me once.

My address is
Boas and Balls
14615 Umpire St
Brighton, Co 80603
and this e-mail address is our paypal acct#. We also take credit cards over the phone.

I have to pull some animals off the website later tonight and I will put these animals on hold if you want to go ahead and get them.

Lynn Kubic
Boas and Balls
www.boasandballs.com
cell- 303-949-1560
fax 303-659-0489

Subject: deposit from Shadera Lorrain for the group of BPs
From: "feathersandlove@gmail.com" <feathersandlove@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, December 28, 2008 10:58 am
To: Boas and Balls <sales@boasandballs.com>

PayPal – The safer, easier way to pay
Use your credit card without exposing your card number to merchants.
Speed through checkout without stopping to enter your card number or address.
Easily send money to family and friends.

Fight fake emails
Forward suspicious emails to spoof@paypal.com.
Make sure you’re using the latest internet browser.
Visit the PayPal Security Center.

Dear Boas and Balls,

Shawn Lorrain just sent you money with PayPal.

Payment details
Amount: $260.00 USD

Transaction Date: Dec 28, 2008

Transaction ID: 3W405049C7223503R

Subject: deposit from Shadera Lorrain for the group of BPs

Message: Hi! Thanks for agreeing to hold them for me. Here's my initial deposit of $250, plus $10 to cover the 3% fees. Thank you! Shadera Lorrain feathersandlove@gmail.com magickalmorphs@gmail.com

View the details of this transaction online

Shawn Lorrain is a Verified buyer.

dateSun, Dec 28, 2008 at 1:49 PM

hide details 12/28/08 Reply

ok, # 22 is about 500 grams right now.

Lynn Kubic
Boas and Balls
www.boasandballs.com
cell- 303-949-1560
fax 303-659-0489

tofeathersandlove@gmail.com

dateSat, Mar 14, 2009 at 7:40 PM
subjectball pythons

hide details Mar 14 Reply

Shawn, I was wondering how things were going. I had not heard form you in a while and I do still have these ball pythons on hold for you. What is up?

Lynn Kubic
Boas and Balls
www.boasandballs.com
cell- 303-949-1560
fax 303-659-0489

fromShadera Lorrain <feathersandlove@gmail.com>
tosales@boasandballs.com

dateSat, Mar 14, 2009 at 7:44 PM
subjectRe: ball pythons
mailed-bygmail.com

Hi Lynn,

I was going to contact you within the next few days to let you know I'm still alive.

Like everyone else it seems, I'm not just struggling to come up with extra cash just to buy snakes but even to get all the bills paid on time. I apologize for not having made a payment lately but there's been no extra money lying around to send, and I was under the impression that I had up to a year to pay them off so I wasn't all that worried about it yet. If it's an issue, please let me know now. Otherwise, I'll send money as I am able.

Thanks.
Shadera Lorrain

toShadera Lorrain <feathersandlove@gmail.com>

dateSat, Mar 14, 2009 at 9:55 PM
subjectRE: ball pythons

I just had not heard from you so I was checking in. The normal #22 is getting real big, she is 922 grams now. We will probably have to go to a bigger box at the rate she is growing. Everyone else is doing fine and getting big also.

Lynn Kubic
Boas and Balls
www.boasandballs.com
cell- 303-949-1560
fax 303-659-0489

fromShadera Lorrain <feathersandlove@gmail.com>
tosales@boasandballs.com

dateMon, Mar 16, 2009 at 12:23 AM
subjectRe: ball pythons
mailed-bygmail.com

hide details Mar 16 Reply

Hi Lynn,
Thank you so much for being patient with me. I feel horrible that I don't already have these guys paid off. I'll be sure to include some extra to pay for their feed and care while I am paying them off.

Shadera

dateMon, Mar 16, 2009 at 9:19 AM

hide details Mar 16 Reply

ok, I had no idea it had been so long. I loose track of time, I marked them with big sticky notes I taped on so I would not sell them by accident so I see them all the time.

Lynn Kubic
Boas and Balls
www.boasandballs.com
cell- 303-949-1560
fax 303-659-0489

dateSat, Apr 25, 2009 at 8:21 PM

hide details 8:21 PM (4 hours ago) Reply

Shadera, I was wondering when you could get these paid off, and I can ship. I can't find the original e-mails we had but I don't remember telling you you had a year to pay. But now would be a good time to ship them out to you so you can fatten them up for breeding season this year.

Lynn Kubic
Boas and Balls
www.boasandballs.com
cell- 303-949-1560
fax 303-659-0489

Old 04-26-2009, 10:49 AM   #9
boasandballs
Nice one Shadera, you missed a few e-mail here they are, as you can see with 2 e-mail addresses for shadera it was hard to figure out where she was.

To: "Shadera Lorrain"

Ok, I see the misunderstanding. It is any single animal over $1000. But you have not made any monthly payments at all.

Lynn Kubic
Boas and Balls
www.boasandballs.com

To: "Shadera Lorrain"

Shandera, I didn't say you had pay them off all at once this minute, but make a payment. I have only been maintance feeding them and the one has out grown 2 cages and is getting to large for the one its in now. I am not a breeder that will keep your deposit but if you can't afford them, then I will sell them instead of feeding them and send your money back.

I found the e-mail you sent me, and in it, you clearly state you will have no problem paying them off in 6 months. The problem I have had is, I have heard nothing from you but one respond e-mail, since December 28th, and you have made no attempt to make payments.

Old 04-26-2009, 11:38 AM   #10
Shadera
I do not normally use two email addresses. One is a PAYPAL address that you started using to contact me after I'd paid you through that one. Feathersandlove is an address I use for paypal and my bird stuff, magickalmorphs is the one I use for reptiles. I have never made any attempt to hide who I am when using either, and I don't use them interchangeably. ie - I don't use feathers for reptile stuff unless I'm making a payment to someone.

Shit happens. Our economy went into the crapper. Ask ANYONE else I've had animals on layaway with if I have given them grief while making payments. If I have it, I send it. I don't know how many times you expected me to apologize for not having any money due to the crappy economy and having extra bills on our plate. I asked you if it was going to be an issue and you never responded to that direct question or I'd have stopped the deal back then. I even offered to pay their feed bill since you were going to be keeping them so long, another thing I ALWAYS offer to do and will back up.

And the single animal thing? Wasn't mentioned until that email last night/this morning. The emails I posted yesterday were all the ones I had from you. Do not try to make ME look bad by posting ones I "forgot" that you didn't even send until since then.

But, I'm done arguing with you. You didn't make any of that stuff clear until very recently and I'm just not interested in doing business with people who operate like that.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!